laptop/security

funnyfarm9988

Is there somewhere to put laptop when you leave your room. Any suggestions. I bring it for movies late at night. My mom uses it to help her sleep. Any ideas.

hi there

If it too large to put in the safe, get a lock for your suitcase and leave it under your bed.

have a great cruise

3 cruises...I leave mine out. Lock the screen, log off or shut down. The steward isn't going to steal your laptop. But if you want to lock it up, I'd get a lock for your suitcase or something. It won't fit in the safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there somewhere to put laptop when you leave your room. Any suggestions. I bring it for movies late at night. My mom uses it to help her sleep. Any ideas.

Nearly 20 cruises and narry a problem so far... touch wood. lol

3 cruises...I leave mine out. Lock the screen, log off or shut down. The steward isn't going to steal your laptop. But if you want to lock it up, I'd get a lock for your suitcase or something. It won't fit in the safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine will be going in the safe. Some smaller laptops and macbook airs do fit in the safe.

Edited by Savlamara

As suggested above, if it's small enough, and the safe is big enough, you could try putting it in the safe. Otherwise, find an unused drawer, shelf, or under-bed area to put it.

If you are bringing a tablet, it will fit in the safe. That's where I put mine during my cruise last year. If it's a regular size laptop, then I would do what others have said: lock it in your luggage.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I prefer to pack the laptop in a closet backpack or in a suitcase. This gives them freedom to wipe down the desk.

Then again, they keep the cabin doors open for cleaning (security?). And it's so easy for a thief to pop in behind their backs to grab something from the closet.

I read some DCL WAVE phones go missing and end up in other cabins.

Edited by xlxo