Live from Summit 3/26

squidward

Sipping a Chopin martini on the recently dry docked Summit. The ship appears to be in tip top shape. Tuscany is gorgeous as is the refreshed solarium. Lots of new carpeting, furniture, and paint jobs everywhere. Bistro on 5 is still Bistro on 5 but with the older menu, no more steak. I've sailed on Summit since 2003 and she's never looked better. Wish I aged as well. ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

Sipping a Chopin martini on the recently dry docked Summit. The ship appears to be in tip top shape. Tuscany is gorgeous as is the refreshed solarium. Lots of new carpeting, furniture, and paint jobs everywhere. Bistro on 5 is still Bistro on 5 but with the older menu, no more steak. I've sailed on Summit since 2003 and she's never looked better. Wish I aged as well. ;)

Bon Voyage and looking forward to this.:)

to the OP; thanks for reporting.

Is the ''roof top '' area and accessories all in full operation ? How about the

''Tuscan Grill 2.0'' ? Is that now in full swing?

If you have a ''regular'' ( non-suites ) stateroom, did you observe some refurbishment having taken placee while in drydock?

Thanks again

Glad you're enjoying the Summit upgrades! Have you tried the movie screen area? Is there a charge to eat in the rooftop terrace?

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to tell in a balcony cabin if the bed is by the balcony or the couch is by the balcony? Thanks for any help

Glad you're enjoying the Summit upgrades! Have you tried the movie screen area? Is there a charge to eat in the rooftop terrace?

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to tell in a balcony cabin if the bed is by the balcony or the couch is by the balcony? Thanks for any help

On the Summit, the couch is by the balcony and the bed is by the bathroom.

Thank you for your live report. I am also interested in hearing about the movie screen area if you went/are going there. Do you have to use wireless headsets to hear the movie or is the sound loud enough to hear without headsets? Any complaints about noise from those in the aft A1 Aqua Class cabins below the movie screen area or in the aft Oceanview Bar area? Is there a lot of foot traffic there?

We are sailing on the Summit again this August and look forward too seeing the new decor on her. Have the sky suites been redecorated? Thanks for the information

We were in a Celebrity Suite and it was not redecorated. I think only RS and PS were redecorated.

Did they take care of all the rust on the ship exterior?

I did not see any rust on the exterior. It appeared to be freshly painted.

If you have a ''regular'' ( non-suites ) stateroom, did you observe some refurbishment having taken placee while in drydock?

Thanks again

There were movies shown but no other amenities that I saw.

Thanks again

Tuscan Grill 2.0 was awesome. A vast improvement over the original IMHO. For an additional up charge, they serve Morton"s level prime steaks, the best I've ever had on Celebrity. The decor was more modern and the service more formal than the original as well.

Thank you for your live report. I am also interested in hearing about the movie screen area if you went/are going there. Do you have to use wireless headsets to hear the movie or is the sound loud enough to hear without headsets? Any complaints about noise from those in the aft A1 Aqua Class cabins below the movie screen area or in the aft Oceanview Bar area? Is there a lot of foot traffic there?

Suite guests were invited for a special dinner and movie one night. They served a tasting menu that went along with the movie. It was a lot of fun and the food was tasty. It was plenty loud, no headsets required. During the day there were people hanging out watching the matinee but I don't think any food was served.

Edited by squidward