Anthem Delivers

do you know what items are free for room service cabin breakfast on the Anthem? thanks. we do not need much, i.e. cold cereal, bananas, juice, pastries, coffee. We do that some Port days.

Thanks very much in advance.

Most of what you post here are free. If you want bacon, eggs, pancakes, French toast, etc. that all costs money!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Agreed. We are paying about the same for cruises as we did 10 or so years ago. Something has to change. I too would prefer to keep the base cost down and let me pick and choose (not nickel and dime) me what amenities I want to include to keep them there.

To the OP, thank you for your review. Sorry it had to be taken over. Some people just don't learn even when they are smacked in the face many times. Don't let her tirades get to you. If we all ignore them she will go away.

We are sailing Anthem in August and very much looking forward to it, of course doing my research so I know which amenities I plan on using.

There's a lot of mention of "nickel and diming" on this thread. My opinion... I prefer to think of it as making things optional so everyone doesn't have to pay for them if they don't want. For example, we don't typically want a lot of photos so we don't purchase them. We play bingo some games and not others. We don't always eat the fancy steak, but don't mind paying extra if we want to so long as it keeps the overall price down.

I think it is try that they are making more things optional, perhaps as a way of keeping the overall costs down. Some things have also gone away altogether like the midnight buffets because they were just really expensive wastes of food.

I happy that they make extras available if people want to pay extra. We pick and choose which things we care about while on the cruise and know that we don't have to pay extra for anything we don't want or need.

A good example. They could charge everyone $500 per cruise more and have drinks be all inclusive, but we don't drink enough to make that worthwhile so we're glad they offer drink packages for those who want to drink that much and allow us to just buy our drinks when we want them. The same is true for sodas and other things we don't care about.

I think they should sell seats around the pool. Maybe that would slow down those who want to reserve them :)

Tom

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTRxPzkz9RP7_9tgKC7JWLwPsU_FZ71pb6E8cT8gsu-SsB3_1nhwb_aoXyH

A concept that is lost on some here on Cruise Critic. The same nickle-n-dime whiners would be out of their minds if cruise prices went up because those items were include.

You don't know that. I'd be happier paying more upfront if everything were included. Just like when we go to an all inclusive!

I am one who is happy that cruise ships are not all inclusive, because I would not want to pay a higher price for things I do not use. On the other hand, I also do not like having a meal interrupted by people going around trying to sell a "for pay" dining package. There should be a way to make that information available to you, without it being intrusive.

I am one who is happy that cruise ships are not all inclusive, because I would not want to pay a higher price for things I do not use. On the other hand, I also do not like having a meal interrupted by people going around trying to sell a "for pay" dining package. There should be a way to make that information available to you, without it being intrusive.

Never had that happen. I wouldn't be happy either.

I only have a couple of drinks on a cruise. I wouldn't like have to pay for others to drink all day with an all inclusive price.

Trolls will be trolls.. If my review helped a few people I am good with that!

It did help....and thank you.

I am amazed how many people live to complain. $20 for photos seems reasonable to me. Paying for a few glowing accessories seems reasonable. Paying a few bucks to play bingo also......reasonable.

Has anyone here ever vacationed anywhere else in the world? There are a few things that you still have to pay for. Guess we could all stay home and stuff the money in our mattresses and then complain we are bored?

Shaking my head.....

Oh I remember what I left out.. We did the day at Disney, and for two adults it worked..if you have young kids it would be really hectic! We got our tickets online, and were able to do Fastpass for three rides, and then three more after we did those.. The transportation drops you off at the transportation center, and we were at the park a little after nine.. You can run the chance of the park being at capacity and not getting in, and the ship warns you about that, but thankfully that was not the case! You meet the bus back where it dropped you off at 4:30pm..

Oh I remember what I left out.. We did the day at Disney, and for two adults it worked..if you have young kids it would be really hectic! We got our tickets online, and were able to do Fastpass for three rides, and then three more after we did those.. The transportation drops you off at the transportation center, and we were at the park a little after nine.. You can run the chance of the park being at capacity and not getting in, and the ship warns you about that, but thankfully that was not the case! You meet the bus back where it dropped you off at 4:30pm..

Thank you for a very informative review. Just out of curiosity, what time were you dropped off at Disney?

It's easier to answer what is included!

One example that was crazy to me is they advertise this "glow" party... You have to pay for the glowing accessories.

Pastries and coffee that cost extra.

Soda, real oj, bottled water extra.

Pay $40 pp to go to a steakhouse and the good steaks are extra on top of the $40.

Pay good $ for a massage just to be pressured to buy their products.

Outrageous price for 3 games of bingo with skimpy $ prizes.

Pay extra for room service

Paying $20 for 1 photo ( so we bought None!)

So many things

I read on another review you did not need to buy glowing accessories and that they threw to crowd. Is that not true?

I brought my own.. They did throw them to the crowd and maybe 20 people caught them! They sold them for $5.00 plus..

I read on another review you did not need to buy glowing accessories and that they threw to crowd. Is that not true?
Edited by RhondaPerr