Anthem Delivers

I read on another review you did not need to buy glowing accessories and that they threw to crowd. Is that not true?

You could buy them, but they also threw some out to the crowd. I came home with 2 rings.

DSC09118_zps77e6b9d6.jpg

DSC09119_zps070a6f96.jpg

DSC09120_zps7be0a37d.jpg

DSC09121_zpsfc9fa499.jpg

49076e62-00a3-48b8-9c5f-192b54fa6d41_zpsr9etq4uo.jpg

f1d07b55-1fb8-43ef-85be-feb829c2b005_zpshgccqg8n.jpg

Thank you that's very helpful.. Although I can't believe that's all they have for complementary now!![emoji35][emoji24]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Possibly what the OP meant about this, which I think may be lost in this thread, is that when you're asked to pay additional money so often, it may detract from your experience.

I haven't been on a cruise in 6 years, so I don't have a feel for how things are now.

Up-sells are everywhere, not just cruise ships.

But I hope it's not a hard push. I don't mind if it's something that's on the menu, but much more than that will probably bother me.

Good morning Rhonda. I meant to ask you.....I know they raised the price for parking in Bayonne. Can you confirm how much it is per day? I think I read somewhere it is $20per day. Trying to decide whether to take a limo or drive. Thank you !!!

Good morning Rhonda. I meant to ask you.....I know they raised the price for parking in Bayonne. Can you confirm how much it is per day? I think I read somewhere it is $20per day. Trying to decide whether to take a limo or drive. Thank you !!!

Following this......I was trying to decide myself if it was better to drive or be driven. I'm only about 1.5 hours away from the port.

Complaints are so subjective, and also so varied depending on what's important to an individual.

People are saying they liked Chic - we had some poor food there. I loved my hibatchi steak at Silk, our friends were unhappy with theirs. Salad in the Grande missing candied walnuts and cranberries. Asked the waiter to bring them. Not the end of the world.

I loved WWRY. Spectra's Cabaret not as good as Quantum's Starwater, but certainly wouldn't have walked out on it. Had terrible seats on the side for The Gift, so not fair to judge, but really, they should at least stage the production so the audience can see it. Liked all the other shows.

Massage was great and no pressure to buy products. But nipped that in the bud by saying, "No, I am not interested in a recommendation for an exfoliation product."

No seating in Music Hall. Well then you just have to dance! We thought CD Abe was great; have heard others didn't think he was so good.

Pizza is bad; pizza is good - whatever. Eat it or not. OK for late night snack. Who cares? Not I.

Customer service didn't smile. Did you?

NorthStar and Ifly closed during our reservation time. We made new ones. (And I think once Anthem has a few more years under her, NorthStar will be much more available as it's nice, but not something I'd wait on line for again. I would think repeaters would feel the same way.)

Bottom line, we think Anthem is a great ship. But I don't think we'll go again next year as the Western Caribbean itinerary we were cheated out of (11-day cruise in January rather than 12-day due to weather) is not being repeated again. And while it was great to drive to the port, there's a lot to be said for beginning your sail-away outdoors on the pool deck, instead of in Two70 or the Solarium.

Totally love your comments...You are our kind of cruiser...We are cruising out on Anthem in 3 long weeks and cannot wait...

Most of what you post here are free. If you want bacon, eggs, pancakes, French toast, etc. that all costs money!!

Thank you!! We save the 'good stuff' for MDR or WJ. That menu is more than fine!!

Now,if they just settle on the dining plans, that would be perfect :-)

What is a diamond party? I don't recall ever being invited to one when I was diamond.

It's called the top tier event, and was held in 270. It was around 5 on one of the last 3 sea days coming back. It invite is in your messages on the TV.

I parked there for the March 19 sailing 8 nights was $160 so $20 a day is correct

For Spectra the further away you sit, the more you will see... Try to get a back row..

There is a single row balcony on the left hand side that most people didn't seem to know about when you get to the top of the stairs the entrance is right in front of you, I sat there and had a great view, was even able to look down in the "back stage" when they lowered the main stages.

It's called the top tier event, and was held in 270. It was around 5 on one of the last 3 sea days coming back. It invite is in your messages on the TV.

Ah, the top tier event for platinum and up. The "diamond" party threw me. Thanks a bunch.

Ah, the top tier event for platinum and up. The "diamond" party threw me. Thanks a bunch.

Yes, the so called "top tier event" includes just about every level except gold. You will often find hundreds of people at the "top tier" event.

Hi,

Sorry I took a car service so can't answer that question!

Will definitely try this. Thanks.

MommaBear, I like to go to the show in Two70 multiple times and watch from a different location each time. It's nice to try different vantage points. You see new stuff each time!

:)

On the Anthem, they have two parties, that are basically equivalent.

One for Gold, Platinum and Emerald.

One for Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle.

:)

Yes, it is DEFINITELY now $20 a day. (total cost; taxes included)