Sky Suite S1/S2 / Michaels Club?

emsachs

We are debating upgrading to an S1 or S2 suite (from A2).

However, when I looked on Celebrity website and looked under Michael's Club, Sky Suite is NOT listed as those able to enter. Also, under Sky Suite ammenities, Michaels Club is not listed.

Michael's Club

A private lounge for those in Celebrity, Signature, Royal, Penthouse and Reflection Suites, as well as for Captain’s Club Zenith members.

Is this another Celebrity re-shuffling of the perks again?

We would love to try Luminae, and enjoy suite life but would be switching from deck 11 aft (A2) for deck 12 (S1). Price to upgrade is $600pp. Thoughts anyone?

Michael's Club is now available for Sky Suite passengers. Brochures and sites not all updated yet.

Can't comment on Sky Suites on deck 12, as sounds like different ship. Which ship?

From the Celebrity website:

Special amenities for Sky Suites include:

Access to the private Michael's Club Lounge (beginning on 2015 Holiday Sailings)

Dedicated private restaurant, Luminae, reserved exclusively for all Suite Class guests

Beginning January 2016:

Welcome bottle of Blanc de Blancs sparkling wine

Bottled Water on Embarkation Day

Delectables rotation of savory and sweet snacks

http://www.celebritycruises.com/ships/celebrity-eclipse#Staterooms/ships/celebrity-eclipse/staterooms/stateroom-subtype-ec-ss

I assume you are looking at an S-class ship like Eclipse. The Sky Suites on deck 12 are all under the Oceanview Cafe and therefore may be subject to noise from set-up/clean-up. The Aquaclass cabins below them are more reliably quiet -- but the Aquaclass on deck 11 midships are below the pool area and subject to noise from loungers being dragged as the decks get swabbed. It may be too late on your sailing, but I would go for the aft-balcony Sky Suites on deck 11 (or even better the aft-corner suites on decks 7-11).

We are debating upgrading to an S1 or S2 suite (from A2).

However, when I looked on Celebrity website and looked under Michael's Club, Sky Suite is NOT listed as those able to enter. Also, under Sky Suite ammenities, Michaels Club is not listed.

Michael's Club

A private lounge for those in Celebrity, Signature, Royal, Penthouse and Reflection Suites, as well as for Captain’s Club Zenith members.

Is this another Celebrity re-shuffling of the perks again?

We would love to try Luminae, and enjoy suite life but would be switching from deck 11 aft (A2) for deck 12 (S1). Price to upgrade is $600pp. Thoughts anyone?

you now get great perks in all sky suites. I would switch asap to get a good cabin. You have a nice large cabin, ample storage and a nice bathroom in addition to access to Michael's and Luminae. Aqua class is a balcony cabin with a few perks. Blu isn't nearly as good as Luminae imo having sailed in both a few times. We no longer use the Persian garden. It is a few small heated tiled loungers with a small sauna and steam room. The other "perks" Imo aren't of any value. You can book an aft S1 and have cabins above and below and have a great view. In a suite, you get a lot of priority also.

If budget is a concern, book a balcony and dine in specialty restaurants with the money saved. Enjoy

Michael's Club is now available for Sky Suite passengers. Brochures and sites not all updated yet.

Can't comment on Sky Suites on deck 12, as sounds like different ship. Which ship?

Sailing on Reflection in September (Med)....

That's why thinking Deck 12 may be Ok under the pool/whirlpool

I assume you are looking at an S-class ship like Eclipse. The Sky Suites on deck 12 are all under the Oceanview Cafe and therefore may be subject to noise from set-up/clean-up. The Aquaclass cabins below them are more reliably quiet -- but the Aquaclass on deck 11 midships are below the pool area and subject to noise from loungers being dragged as the decks get swabbed. It may be too late on your sailing, but I would go for the aft-balcony Sky Suites on deck 11 (or even better the aft-corner suites on decks 7-11).

There is an S1 aft suite available on Deck 6 (Reflection), but heard that the balcony's are way narrow and small. Also a midship S1 on Deck 12 that I guess used to be an Aqua Suite? Any pro's on cons to these?

There is an S1 aft suite available on Deck 6 (Reflection), but heard that the balcony's are way narrow and small. Also a midship S1 on Deck 12 that I guess used to be an Aqua Suite? Any pro's on cons to these?

We just got off the Reflection cabin 2156 and it wasn't good, so I would "assume" cabins next door also not good. Our cabin was formerly an Aqua Suite. While the location was good near the elevator- very noisy at night since we were below the pool deck. And when you used the sink- the plumbing made a horrible sound- If you go to sleep before 11:30, I wouldn't recommend this cabin.

I would rather have the smaller balcony. For our next cruise, we booked an aft Sky Suite with cabins above and below.

Edited by Cruise a holic

Sailing on Reflection in September (Med)....

That's why thinking Deck 12 may be Ok under the pool/whirlpool

S1 corners are very desirable and book quickly. If I had a choice this is the order which would be my preference; deck 11,10, 12, 9, 8, 7 and 6. The S1 corner aft on Reflection deck 12 is under the outdoor part of the Oceanview Café and would be definitely less noisy then under the other cabins under the Café and the pools. Enjoy your cruise, it is a beautiful ship.

We were in S2 cabin 2221 which is aft. We heard almost constant movement of chairs. It was no horrible, but did bother my husband enough to ask me not to book there again. To me it sounded like the rumble of lightning during a summer storm, but when it is still a bit away. Dull roar.

We had cabin 2131 a S1. The cabin is a old Aqua Suite. It has the shower wall in the bath tub. While we loved the cabin. The sound of crashing of the waves out on the balcony was loud. I like the overhang. If I want sun I'll go to the upper deck of the pool. I would book a cabin near the aft elevators next time. MC and Luminea were great. We did book another S1 cabin on Millie for Asia.

• 10 months later...

Hello a quick question before I book a Sky Suite for the first time; does the below wording mean that alcoholic drinks are only complimentary in Michaels Club in the evening 5-8, or does the time refer to the Tapas selection only?

Asking because there is the odd occasion when I like a beer early afternoon, and complimentary always tastes better.

"Michael's Club is a private lounge for those in Sky, Celebrity, Signature, Royal, Penthouse and Reflection Suites, as well as for Captain’s Club Zenith members. This luxurious club features a large-screen TV, reading areas stocked with magazines, newspapers, and books, plus a continental breakfast. Complimentary pre-dinner drinks and tapas are served 5–8 PM daily. Its dedicated Concierge can help arrange your specialty dining, shore excursions, even handle inquiries about various ports of call. Desk hours vary by itinerary. Michael’s Club is available 24 hours a day."

We just got off Reflection yesterday and were in 2210, an aft sky suite directly under the outdoor seating of the Oceanview Cafe. We did hear occasional chairs/tables being moved around, mostly in the morning, but it wasn't enough to wake us or truly disturb us. I think if we had been in a cabin on the side of the ship under the buffet, it probably would have been a different story as that would be under the main part of the buffet with more 'traffic'. The views were fantastic, our balcony was large, and the cabin itself was more than spacious for the two of us for a week. My only complaint, and it's minor, is that there are no aft stairs, so we had a bit of a trek from our cabin to the stairs/elevators. Probably the only reason my pants still fit at the end of the trip, lol. I would upgrade in a heartbeat if I were in your shoes.

We have 2208 on the Reflection in April..corner aft suite. We have also been on other decks in the corner aft and loved it. Yes, you do hear people complain some, but I need to be up early in the morninganyway...gorgeous views and private.

Yes, it is a longer walk, but I love that the gym is far away too. Also keeps me from gaining extra weight. Might be an issue if you keep forgetting things.....

So...did you put it on hold???

This is an OLD POST! Just saw that!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Found aft s1's much too sunny during the day. We also had soot on the balcony. We had a pole next to our bed which is dangerous if you get up in the middle of the night. We also had window washing equipment obstructing the view from our window. the s1 has a window in addition to sliding glass doors . We prefer an S2.

We were in S2 cabin 2221 which is aft. We heard almost constant movement of chairs. It was no horrible, but did bother my husband enough to ask me not to book there again. To me it sounded like the rumble of lightning during a summer storm, but when it is still a bit away. Dull roar.
I am in total agreement with your observation. On the Solstice we had an aft Sky Suite also below the tables and chairs on the outdoor deck of level 14. The scrapping of chairs on the deck was relentless, almost non-stop. It sounded like a small elephant trumpeting. We really couldn’t enjoy our balcony; it was loud and it was constant.

On one occasion I went up there just to check it out; most of the time it wasn’t the passengers dragging the chairs on the floor, it was the service staff.