Lobster Night in Buffet?

No lobster in the buffet or people would eat all of it and look around for more. :D At least in the dining room there might be some restraint... :p:p:p

More than once in the MDR my travelmate has asked for a double portion of lobster and she wasn't disappointed, so... what is this "restraint" you speak of? ;)

Our dinners in the MDR lasted around 45 minutes or so. No need to take 2 hours.

I concur, I never expect an MDR dinner to last more than an hour. Although I've never cruised with kids.

When I was on the Oasis last November, lobster was served in the WJ. Check the cruise compass, I think it was called seafood extravaganza (?). They also had shrimp, salmon etc., worst cocktail sauce ever though!!

I recollect the same experience on Oasis, as well as Allure? But yeah, as I also recollect, it wasn't quite the same as in the MDR.

In order to go to the buffet on a ship one would first have to go to the ship.

Oh I have no doubt she cruises - she just doesn't go to the buffet. Ever. She's made that abundantly clear. ;)

More than once in the MDR my travelmate has asked for a double portion of lobster and she wasn't disappointed, so... what is this "restraint" you speak of? ;)

Haha... my sister ate 3 lobster tails on our cruise last November, and proudly posed for an awesome picture with the carcasses! It's a keeper, and the smile on her face was so worth it. :D

Hi all,

Will be going on the Oasis of the Seas shortly and I understand Lobster night is usually the second formal night in the MDR. Since i will be travelling with a 3 year old, I'm not too sure if he would be able to sit still and behave for 2 hours for dinner. Last thing I want is for my son to be disturbing other guests so we will possibly have to eat at the Windjammer. Does anyone know if they serve lobster at the buffet? Hoping i won't have to miss out on Lobster night! :(

I'm not sure how many in your party, but you should have no problem completing your meal in a little over an hour. We cruised last week on Oasis, a party of 9 of which 3 children and the youngest being 2.5 yrs old and we told our waiter that we had reserves for Oasis of Dreams show at 7:30 and we were able to make the show. If you need to expedite, just advise your waiter or show up a few minutes early.

Thanks for all the suggestions.. if you see a little rugrat in the MDR during lobster night, surrounded by toys and electronics and still making a ruckus, i apologize in advance! I'll kick my husband out with my DS and eat their share of Lobster! :p

Whether it's formal night or any night, they can speed up your serving. I always find the MDR to be extremely loud (just because of the amount of people there) so I highly doubt anyone would be bothered by your son.

One tip have if you feel like you need to leave, they will pack your dessert to go. We've done that when our little one was extremely tired and just didn't want to sit anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hi all,

Will be going on the Oasis of the Seas shortly and I understand Lobster night is usually the second formal night in the MDR. Since i will be travelling with a 3 year old, I'm not too sure if he would be able to sit still and behave for 2 hours for dinner. Last thing I want is for my son to be disturbing other guests so we will possibly have to eat at the Windjammer. Does anyone know if they serve lobster at the buffet? Hoping i won't have to miss out on Lobster night! :(

Never in the Windjammer

As a person who lives by the Ocean, I am never excited about Lobster on the ships. It is just not good Lobster...not at all...

I would tend to agree with you being from New England, but, hey, for those who like it, good on them. Have at it !! There are plenty of other entrees to choose from! :D

As a person who lives by the Ocean, I am never excited about Lobster on the ships. It is just not good Lobster...not at all...

Have you tried one on the ships lately? Most times they're quite good. And, yes, I know very well what fresh northern or "Maine" lobster tastes like.

If you're really concerned - since you're on anytime dining, your servers won't be tying your tables service to others and moving through in the order of appetizer (pause), entrée (pause), dessert.

You could skip directly to entrée, order your son his meal and his dessert. You can enjoy your lobster tail, he can have his chicken fingers and ice cream and then if he's done and fussy, you can hit up the buffet for your dessert (or room service or another quick service place) but you should at minimum be able to eat your lobster.

[quote name='Merion_Mom']Never say never.

I and several other people have made rare spottings of lobster tails in the Windjammer.

It is certainly not to be expected, but it does occur.

But you'll never read this.

Others may.

:D[/QUOTE]

January 18, 2105 - the day Seattle Seahawks beat the Green Bay Packers to move on to the Super Bowl. We were on Oasis and we were watching the game in the Aqua Theater. We ate in Windjammer as it was the first formal night, the game ran late and we did not want to scramble to get ready.
I enjoyed two delicious lobster tails in Windjammer. There was a server for the tails but she gladly gave me two. :D