DOes anyone order from the funshops prior to embarkation?

b8nkr

We always order one bottle of alcohol (to make our own mixed drinks in the room), and a few cases of water. That's all I drink (besides alcohol), and they'll supply you with the large bottles of water whenever you want through your room steward, but they cost 3 dollars each. If you order a case of bottled waters ahead of time, it's $3.99 and delivered to your stateroom on the first day! ;)

Plus, the water elsewhere on the ship usually tastes a little funky (except in the dining room for some reason?).

We ordered water,sweatshirts, flip flops,Christmas ornaments, and a game bag. They had some really good prices a week or so before we left. Didn't spend a dime in the shop on board since I already had my souvenirs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I order water for the room so I can take my medication morning and evening. I also order a bottle of wine for embarkation.

This time, I ordered two family beach packs (duffel bag, hat, personal fan, beach toys) for both of my kids because they were on sale for $10. I figured at the very least, the bag and personal fan would be used a lot!

We ordered a case of water on our last cruise which was great to have in the room. I'm also planning to order it for our June cruise.

This time I'm also thinking of ordering a bottle of alcohol to have in the room, along with the wine that we can bring on board. The alcohol prices are definitely inflated but I was thinking it's better than what I would spend ordering at the bars. Thoughts? How many others pre-order alcohol for their room?

Yes, usually order something for the kids so when they enter the cabin they see something cool.

Last year it was the Cherry on top stuffed bear and some Carnival gummy funnels.

This year its the Cherry on the Top stuffed doggie and some Carnival gunny funnels.

Added a thing of water for 2.99 but might not have done it for 3.99 (inflation :cool:)

Yes. For my February 2018 Vista cruise I already ordered four six packs of Diet Coke for the cabin as well as three 12 packs of water. I also ordered the Cheers package for that cruise so now all done and just have to wait for February 2018 lol

Edited by js

DOes anyone consistently order anything prior to embarkation? IF so, what's good?

We did a family cruise not long after Christmas, I had drawn my sister in laws name for Christmas, so I let her know there would be something in the room for her. I got her the tote thing, let my brother know that she didn't need to bring one. We also used it for those that drew the kids' names to give them some OBC.

We've ordered room decorations for our DD's first cruise (she LOVED them.

Also, chocolate covered strawberries for each cruise. Got DH a 4 pack of Fosters on the last Breeze cruise.

Everything has always been in the cabin when we requested it, which was usually embarkation day.:D:D

We ordered a case of water. Thought it was a good deal and nice to have in the cabin.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

If you need to order another case while onboard, is it very expensive?

Always order water even when it was over $20 for 24 bottles. I am happy it is now $3.99 for 12 bottles. In January my sister & I hosted a birthday party. We ordered a large fruit & cheese tray, a large canapés tray and a large strawberry birthday cake as a thank you for the 11 people who sailed with us. Someone called me the first day to ask me when we wanted the stuff delivered (we selected Thursday at 1:00 pm ) and they were delivered right on time. Everything was fresh and delish!!!!

I ordered a bottle of Bacardi, case of water and Birthday Decor/Cake for our cruise next Jan.

Does anyone know where this shows up on your account? Right now even the excursions aren't listed so I am thinking they just haven't got to this for our cruise.

We ordered a chocolate anniversary cake for friends. It was waiting for them on embarkation day, and it was yummy! No plates or utensils were left with it, so we grabbed some from the buffet. It was a nice surprise, and big enough to last us all for a couple of days.

DOes anyone consistently order anything prior to embarkation? IF so, what's good?

I have to send gifts to friends that are going on a cruise- especially those going on their first one.

PS - sometimes get some bottles of water.

I have ordered water, cakes and Cruise Cash for myself.

I've sent family and coworkers Cruise Cash, Cruise Bar, Chocolate Covered Strawberries, cakes, candy from Cherry on Top and other food goodies. I even sent Strawberries to someone last year that was on their first cruise while we were on another ship!