Global Entry in Key West

cei3

We hear that on the Majesty of the Seas Thursday port call in Key West that you must go thru a very long line to check thru TSA/ICE/whoever before disembarking. Will our TSA Global Entry card get us thru that line quicker?

cei3

We hear that on the Majesty of the Seas Thursday port call in Key West that you must go thru a very long line to check thru TSA/ICE/whoever before disembarking. Will our TSA Global Entry card get us thru that line quicker?

cei3

No, there are no expedited lines for Global Entry. However, your 30 second interview may be only 5-10 seconds.

My GOES card only works at international airports within the U.S.

We have talked with agents in LA, Houston, Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, and NJ, and while all think that it is a good program (we love it for international flights) they think it will be a long time before it is introduced to cruise ports.

Rick

Edited by rubrrick

My GOES card only works at airports within the U.S.

We have talked with agents in LA, Houston, Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, and NJ, and while all think that it is a good program (we love it for international flights) they think it will be a long time before it is introduced to cruise ports.

Rick

Agreed, it is in the high traffic airports but still absent from many across the US. I've yet to see any rollout for water ports.

Saw a set of Compasses from the April 4th sailing on the blog site.

Looked like they allowed the GE folks to get in line with suite and excursion folks before they started calling by muster stations.

Then again, this sheet versus reality could be two diffrent things.

My GOES card only works at international airports within the U.S.

Rick

Think some of the terminals at Port Everglades have a priority line for GE folks.

But I think you have to have the card to be allowed to enter the line.

Edited by chandom

cei3

If your cruise originated in the US you do not have to go thru customs.

If your cruise originated in the US you do not have to go thru customs.

OMG, totally wrong. I have never seen a cruise that ended in Key West. Why would this be any different than Port Everglades other than it's a smaller port?

This MJ cruise continues on to MIA for the end of the cruise on Friday. Key West is not the last stop. Key West is the first US port MJ returns to (after visiting Nassau and Coco Cay) and then continues on to MIA.

So the question is, "Does the GE card apply here to avoid the long lines(at Key West)"? A bit confusing. However, the TSA clearing/checking of passengers visiting Key West during this stop, adds to the confusion.

R&D

Edited by Pumbaamd

This MJ cruise continues on to MIA for the end of the cruise on Friday. Key West is not the last stop. Key West is the first US port MJ returns to (after visiting Nassau and Coco Cay) and then continues on to MIA.

So the question is, "Does the GE card apply here (at Key West)"?

R&D

We have been to Key West twice on a cruise. Customs?

We have been to Key West twice on a cruise. Customs?

If your cruise leaves the US (for example, goes to the Bahamas) and then the first US port you visit next is Key West, then you go through immigration and customs in Key West.

If your cruise leaves the US (for example, goes to the Bahamas) and then the first US port you visit next is Key West, then you go through immigration and customs in Key West.

Thanks, I'm not going to embarrass myself again. What I hate though is bureaucrats. You don't have the same problem in Europe after visiting a non-union port.

Do they have a dedicated line? If so, good to know! Thanks for sharing.

It hard to see and you have to know it's there. As you are facing the customs lines you go to the far right. You show your GE card and they will open the gate and you will go to the next agent. We sways use a porter and just mention to them that we have GE and they take us right there. Like Rick said...it's a great timesaver.

Do they have a dedicated line? If so, good to know! Thanks for sharing.

Not really a dedicated line. Call it hit or miss. As you disembark, keep asking anyone you sea that looks official, and showing your card, "where is the Global Entry line"?

When we finally found it, their GE sign was pointed the wrong way.

R&D

Thanks, I'm not going to embarrass myself again. What I hate though is bureaucrats. You don't have the same problem in Europe after visiting a non-union port.

Once you have gone through C&I in Key West, you do not have to go through again in the port of origination/debarkation.

It's not a big deal.

Edited by Merion_Mom

Once you have gone through C&I in Key West, you do not have to go through again in the port of origination/debarkation.

It's not a big deal.

The May 28 sailing of the Empress will go to Grand Cayman first, then Key West the last day of the cruise. There will be no C&I when we disembark in Miami the next day?

Think some of the terminals at Port Everglades have a priority line for GE folks.

But I think you have to have the card to be allowed to enter the line.

We went through the Global Entry line in Port Everglades a couple of weeks ago. It takes you to the head of the line. Well worth it. They do ask you to be sure you are Global Entry. We had a porter so he led us their. The line is roped off, so if you are not using a porter, I suspect you need to let someone know so they can let you in.