Breaking News - C&A Changes/Enhancements

On Liberty, D+ over (340) just had our Meal with the Officers. It was a luncheon in MDR, deck 4, with a special menu. It was nice, we had the CD, Orchestra Director, Housekeeping and a couple of other officers - only had 10 D+. Haven't heard how the Pinnacle luncheon went but assume they had the Capt, HD & LA.

Carla

P.s. It was much better than the breakfast we were having before.

LUNCH WITH THE OFFICERS

We are currently on the Allure.

Pinnacles had lunch in Giovanni's with the Captain, Hotel Director, Hotel Operations Manager heading 3 tables. Loyalty Ambassador as well as Head of Crown & Anchor Program (visiting from Miami) were also guests.

Eligible D+ ate in Dining Room with other officers.

In Giovanni's we had a selection of appetizers family style, ordered entrees individually, and all had a special chocolate basket filled with ice cream and fresh fruit for dessert.

Edited by beachnative

Carla - do you know what the top tier event is on Liberty?

thanks in advance.

It has been on Thursday at 7:15 for Platinum and above. Either in the Star Lounge or Studio B depending on number of eligible top tiers.

Carla

We usually give them away to a nice first time cruiser or a honeymoon couple.

I think I remember you telling me something about your grandkids? playing

blocks with them and one was broken? Thought they were plexiglass, but

found out they were glass/crystal. Or was that someone else?

Either way, you must be tripping over them indeed by now. ;)

Edited by island lady

D++ will have the Meal With An Officer at some other venue, ie MDR breakfast, lunch or dinner, their prerogative.

Not this cruise on Brilliance....I asked LA about no card for meal with an officer, and she said they would not have that this cruise, but would have something better. Still waiting on that.....:confused:

This cruise, there is a platinum member who received a chocolate piano.......although I'm sure many here have had them, I haven't heard of anyone else receiving one except Helen Cooper./QUOTE]

Johann worked with JD for quite some time before being promoted to HD so he learned to do things above and beyond. Johann is one of the best HDs we have ever cruised with. We also think the LA Teddy is wonderful. She and Johann make sure that all milestones are presented at the top tier party with a photo with the captain.

When we were recently on the Brilliance, all PCM cabins and all suites cabins got a chocolate piano. It's his trademark. The Platinum member was probably in a suite.

The loyalty ambassador told me it would take her three hours to present all the crystal blocks, and that she would have them placed in our cabins.......still waiting....three more nights. If it doesn't show up, I'm not asking her again. I'll just wait until I get home and call RCI and have it mailed to me. No blocks were presented at upper tier party. Five new pinnacle members were acknowledged.

No, I know the platinum member who received the chocolate piano. She booked same as us, balcony guarantee(both of us are on same deck, same category cabins)We heard another person received a chocolate piano after complaining about their fish from dinner one night. We did see three on the gala buffet last night. Some child grabbed one.

Captain was at his table one night with his wife, but I'm unsure who else. The captain was introduced by restaurant staff during the singing, napkin waving performance, but we couldn't see the table from where we sit. We did notice many pinnacle club members were not in the CL or dining room tonight, so imagine they had some special event.

That was the only time I have ever seen that done. It was a very nice touch, and well-attended, if I recall. :)

We have one more sea day, but have heard we will have a brunch in the dining room that day. There is a cc member who was supposed to be planning a farewell lunch, but no word about it.

s

Rodney actually gave me a kiss on the cheek last night after the ceremony!! Unfortunately 😄😄😄, he is leaving Sunday👍🏻👍🏻

Carla

Sorry, that is fortunate

Y'all are cracking me up! Goodnight.....getting ready for Gibraltar tomorrow. Having another flag ceremony in the morning for Europe Arrival Celebration....pool deck. Bring flags! Temps should be 61 to 64. BRRRRRR!:)

by that same token, suite pax who are NOT diamond are also finding it damn near impossible to get a seat in the CL. at least D+ have a fall back if the CL is packed. but Suite pax have no such luxury nor do they get the three drink vouchers nightly(unless of course they are D/+ in their own right)

SOMETHING has to be done to alleviate the overcrowding in BOTH lounges.

I have said it many times before: give the D+ the lounge exclusively and let Ds get their drinks via voucher., I'll even be nice and give them one free specialty coffee per day to forestall the inevitable b!tching about the loss of the coffee machine access.

And THAT something is: to boot the D+ as well from both the lounges. Just keep one lounge and keep the pinnacles in.

Now let's hear you b!tching.:D

Edited by Arzeena

by that same token, suite pax who are NOT diamond are also finding it damn near impossible to get a seat in the CL. at least D+ have a fall back if the CL is packed. but Suite pax have no such luxury nor do they get the three drink vouchers nightly(unless of course they are D/+ in their own right)

SOMETHING has to be done to alleviate the overcrowding in BOTH lounges.

I have said it many times before: give the D+ the lounge exclusively and let Ds get their drinks via voucher., I'll even be nice and give them one free specialty coffee per day to forestall the inevitable b!tching about the loss of the coffee machine access.

For a short time, it appeared as though the Oasis/Allure would have 3 lounges, a DL on deck 4, a CL on deck 11 and an SL on deck 17. That plan was quickly abandoned and the lounge on deck 4 disappeared while the lounge on deck 11 became a DL. Nevertheless, that 3-lounge solution is the best way to eliminate overcrowding without throwing anyone out. IMHO. there should be an SL for Suites, a CL for D+/Pinnacle and a DL for Diamonds.

Yes, I believe Sanjay is coming on. What is he like? Think he is the floater between the Freedom and Liberty.

Carla

Because we did so many Vision cruises the last two years, we got to know Sanjay very well. He would greet us in the terminal and send a bottle of wine to our cabin on almost every cruise. His ship had the highest ratings of all ships in 2015. This is based on customer satisfaction evaluations and health & safety inspections.

He's not as generous with his budget as Johann and JD but did do some really nice lunches for the meal with an officer, always in a specialty restaurant.

Many think he is being sent to Freedom & Liberty to find out (and possibly fix) the bad ratings that these ships were receiving, especially from D, D+ and PCMs. He is not actually a floater but will be assigned one of the new ship. His skills are more towards the detailed management of the Hotel, but he does engage the passengers without being overly friendly. You will see him every night in the DL and Suite Lounge talking to the quests.

Edited by Tagsalong

Not this cruise on Brilliance....I asked LA about no card for meal with an officer, and she said they would not have that this cruise, but would have something better. Still waiting on that.....:confused:

Would that have been the Midnight Chocolate Buffet with Ice Carvings?! If Johann does something special, it will be spectacular. He once was a chef.

The loyalty ambassador told me it would take her three hours to present all the crystal blocks, and that she would have them placed in our cabins.......still waiting....three more nights.

I guess the numbers are humongous. We had 23 milestones on one of our April Brilliance cruises. All 23 presented on the theater stage with pictures taken. Sorry yours will be a "toss it on the bed and watch it roll under the pillow" event! I think all the ships are trying to make the milestones more memorable, but if the numbers are too large then it becomes a burden on all the other guests at the top tier party.

Edited by Tagsalong

I guess the numbers are humongous. We had 23 milestones on one of our April Brilliance cruises. All 23 presented on the theater stage with pictures taken. Sorry yours will be a "toss it on the bed and watch it roll under the pillow" event! I think all the ships are trying to make the milestones more memorable, but if the numbers are too large then it becomes a burden on all the other guests at the top tier party.

On a Navigator TA a few years ago there were 110 blocks presented. Reba (LA) and Robert Taggart (HD) presented each one, with a photo, at a special ceremony.

on a navigator ta a few years ago there were 110 blocks presented. Reba (la) and robert taggart (hd) presented each one, with a photo, at a special ceremony.

wow!

Edited by Tagsalong

On a Navigator TA a few years ago there were 110 blocks presented. Reba (LA) and Robert Taggart (HD) presented each one, with a photo, at a special ceremony.

We were probably on that one. She held a special "block party" in the VCL along with drinks and music. It was great, but unfortunately has spoiled us for all time and cruising will never be the same for us, so you see it's all her fault.:p

It would be nice if all LA's put in this kind of effort in rewarding their guests.

The last block I received was on the Independence. I simply stopped by the LA's desk to ask her if I was on the list. She looked it up and said "Yes it will be delivered to your cabin tomorrow night unless you want it now". I said just deliver it.

She was just going through the motions with no effort on her part.

Edited by Retired LEO

On the crossing from Europe to Galveston in the Viking Crown Lounge. Remember it well. About November of 2013

We were probably on that one. She held a special "block party" in the VCL along with drinks and music. It was great, but unfortunately has spoiled us for all time and cruising will never be the same for us, so you see it's all her fault.:p

Yes, I agree. I really miss Reba!

For a short time, it appeared as though the Oasis/Allure would have 3 lounges, a DL on deck 4, a CL on deck 11 and an SL on deck 17. That plan was quickly abandoned and the lounge on deck 4 disappeared while the lounge on deck 11 became a DL. Nevertheless, that 3-lounge solution is the best way to eliminate overcrowding without throwing anyone out. IMHO. there should be an SL for Suites, a CL for D+/Pinnacle and a DL for Diamonds.

I thought CL would become Wonderland in the original plans

It is odd when I look back to my first cruise on the old Nordic Prince in October, 1986 New York to Bermuda. We had the midnight buffet, tiny hors d'oeuvres on the bars and a book listing all the passengers by name and home towns. We thought it was great at the time and it was. And don't forget the one dining room for all three meals at the assigned table. Over the years the Nordic Prince has gone through growing pains and much competition and become a behemoth in both ship size and passenger levels. We have seen the perks slowly grow over the years to what they are now and the changes on the ship have been accepted. No more pillow chocolate, no more bar hors d'oeuvres, no more passenger manifests. But we still cruise because we love it. We will reach the D+ milestone on our next cruise in November. What lounge I have to go to at that time, or if I have one at all is of little concern. I am going to be on a beautiful ship, cruising with a couple thousand people that enjoy being at sea as much as I do and everything else is just frosting on the cake. Just my opinion.

Okay, stepping down from my soapbox now and happy cruising all.

Dave

I got my Brilliance block this past November. Just a toss on the bed