Breaking News - C&A Changes/Enhancements

Friend is on Adventure - no more priority boarding unless you are Pinnacle or in a Suite.

No welcome party only a party for Diamonds and above.

He is top cruiser (almost pinnacle). No pictures, no champagne, nothing. They just say he is top cruiser and that is it.

He was also told that as of Oct 1st lots of changes including no more D in the Lounges. DL will be for D+ and CL will be for Pinnacles and suites, just as the rumors have been saying for months.

Nonsense, plain and simple!

Too much here to even respond to rationally. If he is D+, he will get his free gift (champagne or whatever he selected) and free photo automatically.

Can we please close this thread for the simple reason that the unsubstantiated rumors only create anxiety and hostility.

yogimax, that is not what she meant.

She means that as top cruiser, he was NOT given a bottle of champagne and did NOT get his picture taken with Captain or anyone.

Not the D+ amenities. Not the D+ perks.

May 1.

October 1.

Anyone else want to enter the Guessing the NonExistent Change Date Pool?

:eek: :rolleyes:

I'll put my money on July 1.

yogimax, that is not what she meant.

She means that as top cruiser, he was NOT given a bottle of champagne and did NOT get his picture taken with Captain or anyone.

Not the D+ amenities. Not the D+ perks.

Sounds like a ship-thing to me.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

May 1.

October 1.

Anyone else want to enter the Guessing the NonExistent Change Date Pool?

:eek: :rolleyes:

I'll put my 3 nightly Diamond coupons on September 32nd to be the roll-out date for all the changes :D

Now who's giving odds on our bets? :cool:

Priority boarding never made a difference anyway, but I have a hard time believing they'll get rid of that completely because it costs them NO money whatsoever, yet it makes people feel special. Could it be a San Juan thing?

Sounds like just a Top Tier Party.

Is he supposed to be getting pictures or champagne? Is that a published perk? I feel like that can depend on the ship.

Right now, it's all still rumors about the lounges though.

San Juan does tend to be a little goofy on check-in. We were once in a line with a B2B cruiser who was being made to go through all the lines to get back onboard.

We didn't even get champagne when we turned Pinnacle so as they say "your mileage can vary".

Friend is on Adventure - no more priority boarding unless you are Pinnacle or in a Suite.

He is top cruiser (almost pinnacle). No pictures, no champagne, nothing. They just say he is top cruiser and that is it.

He was also told that as of Oct 1st lots of changes including no more D in the Lounges. DL will be for D+ and CL will be for Pinnacles and suites, just as the rumors have been saying for months.

Well, now we have a whole new date to BOLO for. :D:rolleyes::D

Too much here to even respond to rationally. If he is D+, he will get his free gift (champagne or whatever he selected) and free photo automatically.

Can we please close this thread for the simple reason that the unsubstantiated rumors only create anxiety and hostility.

Can we please leave it active. It hasn't broken any rules has it?

Like your anti-smoking threads?

Edited by Coralc

I had a momentary impulse to be snarky. I changed my mind :)

Thank you Matt. Please disregard my post. My snark did escape.

So anyway, maybe the older ships are staggering their changes and it will be a surprise. :):p:D

Someone always seems to want to decide what the rest of us are going to read and talk about. We can all make our own choices for ourselves.

Edited by Ocean Boy

Someone always seems to want to decide what the rest of us are going to read and talk about. We can all make our own choices for ourselves.

I stand corrected on the first issue. Thanks to those who pointed out that the post was intended to be in regard to the cruiser with the highest points on that particular sailing.

As for my other point, I stand firm. Speculative threads like this which imply serious cutbacks in benefits should be labeled with the warning "speculation only." Look at all the wasted time in responding to guaranteed predictions from "reliable sources" which never happened. Add in people who became angry or distressed at the "reliable source" rumors and you have a strong case being made for restraint.

These Diamond Club and CL rumors have been around since 2013. As many have said, sooner or later they may be true. I remember asking on Quantum about D's getting kicked out of the Diamond Club back in 2014. The concierge assured me that it was going to happen SOON. My read on that comment, she was just speculating.

There was also a rumor that ALL ships would have C&A beverage package discounts by December 1, 2015. The concierge on the Serenade guaranteed this would happen.

My take, the crew have no better idea what Miami my do in the future, and they read far more into rumors than is warranted. Remember the children's telephone game? http://www.wikihow.com/Play-the-Telephone-Game

I can definitely speak for the Liberty of the Seas (just got off). It started May 1st - and D+ were no longer allowed in the "suite lounge". Only suite guests and pinnacle members. All Diamond and Diamond Plus guests had to squeeze into the DL. In the DL they also started a new concept of swiping your card every time you ordered a drink. It was a mess. I felt sorry for the bartenders. We always had to stand in line to get our drinks.

The Diamond Lounge Concierge did allow us to take our drinks out to the Viking Crown Lounge where it was crowded, also.

Can we please leave it active. It hasn't broken any rules has it?

I agree. :) As long as we all promise to behave ourselves, what's the real harm? We're all adults here and able to decide for ourselves what we choose to read and believe. ;)

I think it like they are cutting back on the ice because the American are having to much in there drinks

UH OH, that is very serious. Warm champagne, hmmmm.:eek::eek::eek:

I can definitely speak for the Liberty of the Seas (just got off). It started May 1st - and D+ were no longer allowed in the "suite lounge". Only suite guests and pinnacle members. All Diamond and Diamond Plus guests had to squeeze into the DL. In the DL they also started a new concept of swiping your card every time you ordered a drink. It was a mess. I felt sorry for the bartenders. We always had to stand in line to get our drinks.

The Diamond Lounge Concierge did allow us to take our drinks out to the Viking Crown Lounge where it was crowded, also.

WOW!!!! Looks like we just got in under the wire - will reach Pinnacle on May 20th - the very last night of our NAV TA.

At this time, Liberty is the only ship outside of Oasis and Quantum class that has a suite lounge instead of a concierge lounge. A lot of us are speculating that all concierge lounges will transition eventually into the same thing.

But it's just speculation.

I think I asked the first day this thread appeared that the title should be changed. There is NO breaking news and it's misleading for it to continue. CC regulars are used to melodramatic titles but I feel for new people who actually think there was some breaking news.

Carry on.... ;)

Maybe you need to be Pinnacle to get the free champagne. I do know that on Oasis only the top cruisers now get the champagne - they were giving it to the top 3. The LA onboard said it was a directive from Miami. But that was always ship by ship - we usually only saw the top cruisers get a bottle, although several ships were more generous.

And on RD they reached what I consider to be a new low. They had 2 Welcome Back parties because of the crowd. They used to ask the #1 cruisers which party they would like to attend, and invite the #2 cruisers to the other party; each would get a bottle of bubbly and a photo. In April, they asked the top 3 to attend both parties and only the top cruisers got a bottle/photo. And only at the second party.