Breaking News - C&A Changes/Enhancements

BIG NEWS ON CHANGES: We are onboard Brilliance now, and tonight, we are having a return of things from the past! A MIDNIGHT BUFFET!!! (With photos from 11:30-12:00, then consummation. :D

remember the CD top ten questions? Do they even do that routine today?

What time is the midnight buffet?

Enjoy your cruise

M

Cruise friends and cruise critic friends of mine know I am quite truthful.....and would not "Toy" with them.

John, my DH, took videos and I took photos tonight, unless we were dreaming.;)

These lost hours daily at noon are taking a toll on my sleeping. It's now 1:15 AM, and I'm going to bed...goodnight all.

Kay it sounds like you are having a great time! Last time we were on the Brilliance was the repositioning from Boston to Tampa and they really treated us well and had the special breakfast in Giovani's for D+. Also, towards the end of the cruise they had a special luncheon just for the Cruise Critic Roll Call and with wine!! We are on Liberty and no mid night buffet, ice sculptures, etc - Not on the Ship!!! LOL. We have Lunch with the Officers today - D+ in MDR and Pinnacles in Giovani's.

Continue having a great cruise!

Carla

Maybe it's a fluke or maybe VOOM has finally been turned on NAV. In any event, it is MUCH quicker this morning than it has been for the past 2 weeks. Last night an officer told me it should be working on NAV by May 8 at the latest. A most welcome improvement.

I was on Brilliance in January, and Diamond +, Pinnacle, and Suites all dined in Giovanni's for breakfast. I assume both restaurants are being used this cruise because there are so many of us. In January on Freedom, Suites and Pinnacles dined in Chops, but anyone could use Giovanni's for extra seating from Windjammer(no ordering food, and there was only drinks table). I don't recall a "special breakfast" in January on Vision or on Liberty in April. Inconsistency on all ships.

The loyalty ambassador has been busy, and when I spoke with her early in the cruise, she didn't impress me.:( We are due a crystal block (560 C&A points)on this cruise, but it hasn't appeared on our bed, yet.

Pina colodas were filled with rum at the flag ceremony.:)

Top Tier last night on Liberty and Dave and I were presented our crystal block on stage by the Captain!! That was a nice change! Even had reserved seating with our names on the card!! Improvement!!

Carla

Top Tier last night on Liberty and Dave and I were presented our crystal block on stage by the Captain!! That was a nice change! Even had reserved seating with our names on the card!! Improvement!!

Carla

Carla, that's good to hear! I've heard there are several improvements.

Carla

How nice! We were on Liberty in February and had to remind the LA 3 times before she finally managed to put it on our bed.

On, or around, May 1, Royal Caribbean will announce and/or implement the changes in the Crown and Anchor program.

No more Welcome Back (repeaters) Party on any ship. The Trials with this, on two ships back in February (?), was considered a success. Top Tier will continue.

Meal with an Officer will be for D+ (340) only and Pinnacles will have a meal at the Captain's Table or Specialty Rest. with the Capt. or HD.

No change in Tiers or Points structure.

Some other benefits for D+ and Pinnacles that I could not get the precise details.

All ships were notified two days ago so that they could prepare for the changes.

Sorry, but I will not reveal my source. Believe it or not. I'm still trying to find additional details, but combine this info with that from CruisenGrandmom

on Liberty and I think the CL-->SL on all ships is imminent.

The info you have received it not quite right. Higher D+, Pinnacles and some suite guests also will be invited to the captains table for dinners....K.O.:)

GIOVANNI'S open for sit down b'fast for D+.... very nice! Curious if it is just for this itinerary or if they are doing something fleet-wide for D+ members (b'fast in a restaurant venue?) Can you ask the C&A loyalty ambassador.

Thanks.

PS - the frozen drinks - I assume they were non alcoholic...

It was a perk during our 5 night cruise out of Tampa, but the concierge never gave

us a letter that let us know about that. We found out about it on day 3 from another D+

member.

Edited by island lady

I was on Brilliance in January, and Diamond +, Pinnacle, and Suites all dined in Giovanni's for breakfast. I assume both restaurants are being used this cruise because there are so many of us. In January on Freedom, Suites and Pinnacles dined in Chops, but anyone could use Giovanni's for extra seating from Windjammer(no ordering food, and there was only drinks table). I don't recall a "special breakfast" in January on Vision or on Liberty in April. Inconsistency on all ships.

The loyalty ambassador has been busy, and when I spoke with her early in the cruise, she didn't impress me.:( We are due a crystal block (560 C&A points)on this cruise, but it hasn't appeared on our bed, yet.

Pina colodas were filled with rum at the flag ceremony.:)

Oh no...not another one of THOSE LA's again! :eek:

Hope you get your block, unlike what I dealt with on Serenade. :(

Carla

That's what we had on Enchantment. It was all done very elegantly and made

us feel very special indeed. :) LA later dropped off the framed picture and

certificate on our last night.

The info you have received it not quite right. Higher D+, Pinnacles and some suite guests also will be invited to the captains table for dinners....K.O.:)

Well, as you said "Depending on the ship." Some ships have completely eliminated the Captain's Table, in fact removed the big table from the dinning room. Others, like the Serenade, do not invite D+ or PCMs at all to the Captain's Table. However, I will stand by my statement that the ships have been informed to have a special dinner for PCMs in either a Specialty Restaurant or at the Captain's Table. D++ will have the Meal With An Officer at some other venue, ie MDR breakfast, lunch or dinner, their prerogative.

As just reported by golfpccc

Kay it sounds like you are having a great time! Last time we were on the Brilliance was the repositioning from Boston to Tampa and they really treated us well and had the special breakfast in Giovani's for D+. Also, towards the end of the cruise they had a special luncheon just for the Cruise Critic Roll Call and with wine!! We are on Liberty and no mid night buffet, ice sculptures, etc - Not on the Ship!!! LOL. We have Lunch with the Officers today - D+ in MDR and Pinnacles in Giovani's.

Carla

Carla

I asked twice for mine on Liberty in October, never received it. Had to call C & A to have it shipped. I was supposed to get another one on my Anthem Cruise last week, need to call C & A again.

I posted this on another thread tonight. I had posted to this thread earlier, but it vanished, or never showed up here.:confused:

Carla

That was the only time I have ever seen that done. It was a very nice touch, and well-attended, if I recall. :)

I'm sure some of these are only for the transatlantic, but the officers onboard, especially the hotel director, Johann Petutschnig, are definitely going above and beyond!:)

This cruise, there is a platinum member who received a chocolate piano.......although I'm sure many here have had them, I haven't heard of anyone else receiving one except Helen Cooper./QUOTE]

Johann worked with JD for quite some time before being promoted to HD so he learned to do things above and beyond. Johann is one of the best HDs we have ever cruised with. We also think the LA Teddy is wonderful. She and Johann make sure that all milestones are presented at the top tier party with a photo with the captain.

When we were recently on the Brilliance, all PCM cabins and all suites cabins got a chocolate piano. It's his trademark. The Platinum member was probably in a suite.

Edited by Tagsalong

This cruise, there is a platinum member who received a chocolate piano.......although I'm sure many here have had them, I haven't heard of anyone else receiving one except Helen Cooper./QUOTE]

Johann worked with JD for quite some time before being promoted to HD so he learned to do things above and beyond. Johann is one of the best HDs we have ever cruised with. We also think the LA Teddy is wonderful. She and Johann make sure that all milestones are presented at the top tier party with a photo with the captain.

When we were recently on the Brilliance, all PCM cabins and all suites cabins got a chocolate piano. It's his trademark. The Platinum member was probably in a suite.

what is JD?

Carla

Each ship or even ship staff does it differently. Sometimes they bring people on stage, sometimes they just mention the names, sometimes the block is sent to the room. Glad to hear they did it right!!!! My last block was just sent to my room.

Sorry had to edit. Forgot to say CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Edited by Firefighterhoop

I asked twice for mine on Liberty in October, never received it. Had to call C & A to have it shipped. I was supposed to get another one on my Anthem Cruise last week, need to call C & A again.

I do know, from experience that they switched vendors last fall during that time frame. Most ships were out or had limited supply, and it took months to catch up and get people their blocks (4 months for mine).

Are you cruising alone? In a suite? I do know (Again from experience) that their system only often catches single points. If you are getting the extra point it may not catch the double point value thus thinking you don't have enough points.

Also if you are doing a B2B - or 2 cruises somewhat close together they run the manifest a few days before the sailing, and the points doing post until 6 days (usually) after the first sailing, so your name more than likely wouldn't be flagged either.

Not sure what your particular situation is but those are a few scenarios that I have experienced. Personally, I email the concierge prior to the sailing that I will be receiving a block on and they forward it to Loyalty so they do calculate the extra points if I am alone or in a suite or B2b for a block. I haven't had any problems on cruises where I am in a cabin with someone.

Hi, Gayle! Could this be because you are traveling solo? I have found that the LA doesn't always understand the double points for solos so may think that you do not have the correct points for the crystal block. Just a thought since I have had some issues with this in the past. Hope to sail with you again in the future. Katherine

John Denton - Hotel Director currently on Majesty. Great Hotel Director

I also enjoyed Johann on Brilliance last month. Very nice person and another great Hotel Director

Thank you for the answer.