Breaking News - C&A Changes/Enhancements

Many on this thread including someone who has already experienced some changes on one of the ships are saying the DL is still available to Diamonds & D+ & that it is the D+ who are now unable to access the Concierge Lounge.

So nobody really seems to know 100% what is happening - I'm hoping Diamonds still have the lounge as that is the largest group of people & annoying them will have a larger negative impact, which if I were RCCL I would be taking into consideration.

Fingers crossed we get to keep the DL for Diamonds - logically it's the least offensive thing to do numbers wise as D+ still have a lounge to go to, even if it's not the one they prefer, whereas the other option means thousands of Diamond passengers have an existing perk stripped away with no lounge to call home.

9+ More days til RCI releases the new CA plan.

This new Diamond is going to beyond less than pleased about not having a DL to go to after I played by the rules to get to this level of a dl and I have paid 210% along the way as a solo. The sad thing is I am not surprised that RCI is most likely going to pull this.

Nothing like beyond pissing on your LOYAL TO ROYAL cruisers, with a bunch of planned half pd for bookings.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

How have you paid 210% as a single? It's only double less taxes (so about 190%).

Many on this thread including someone who has already experienced some changes on one of the ships are saying the DL is still available to Diamonds & D+ & that it is the D+ who are now unable to access the Concierge Lounge.

So nobody really seems to know 100% what is happening - I'm hoping Diamonds still have the lounge as that is the largest group of people & annoying them will have a larger negative impact, which if I were RCCL I would be taking into consideration.

Fingers crossed we get to keep the DL for Diamonds - logically it's the least offensive thing to do numbers wise as D+ still have a lounge to go to, even if it's not the one they prefer, whereas the other option means thousands of Diamond passengers have an existing perk stripped away with no lounge to call home.

I agree 100% and like your logic.

asope RCCL thinks like we do

The possibility of losing access to the CL a few cruises ago would have really ticked me off. However on my last 3 cruises I have used the DL exclusively and enjoyed it much better than the cramped, windowless CL's on the Voyager and Freedom class ships.

To be perfectly honest, it isn't the potential changes to the C&A program that is interfering with my RCI love affair, it is the ridiculous so called "sales" and jacked up pricing that is causing me to look at, and ultimately sail other cruise lines.

I really wish RCI would give their heads a shake and stop messing with their most loyal customers.....

On the one hand I'm not too worried about changes due to being P but on the other hand we have lots of cruises coming up sailing with friends that are D+ and we love to hang with them in the CL. So now maybe the DL and crowding? Also, my brother just made D and we will be sailing with him on his first post D cruise so also a little concerned with any changes there. It does feel a little strange with him just turning D as he is the one who got us into cruising but he has spent time on many different cruise lines and we sort of focused.

Ps and D+s hanging out with friends in the Concierge Lounge all evening long is what

rankles the suite passengers. We loved Freedom of Seas but this was so bad we gave up and now use Oasis as our favorite cruise ship.......Suite Lounges are wonderful!

We felt sorry the FOS Concierge. He tried to find seats for everyone but the friends

visiting friends grabbed every empty chair and added it the clusters. We never did

determine when these people eat dinner, if they do. We saw people standing outside

the door to the lounge waiting for someone to leave....which was futile.

It sounds like RCCL is making some sene changes which are long over due.

The possibility of losing access to the CL a few cruises ago would have really ticked me off. However on my last 3 cruises I have used the DL exclusively and enjoyed it much better than the cramped, windowless CL's on the Voyager and Freedom class ships.

To be perfectly honest, it isn't the potential changes to the C&A program that is interfering with my RCI love affair, it is the ridiculous so called "sales" and jacked up pricing that is causing me to look at, and ultimately sail other cruise lines.

I really wish RCI would give their heads a shake and stop messing with their most loyal customers.....

Amen and the regular food is going down that rabbit hole and needs to be listed to your list.

In the 2 years and especially the last 18 days onboard March/April has left a really bad taste in my mouth. Royal handled my whole Emerald change beyond poorly! Treated me less than favorable. Handled other issues less than favorably or just swept it under the rug. I only had my favorite drink twice in 14 days due to supply issues[emoji49]! 6 times in Feb trip[emoji35]. Again supply issues and the staff could of cared less, except for both schooner bars.

Now to get to a level and than privileges possibly yanked. Plans will be changing I've witness enough of this RCL show!

Stop messing and start adding stuff or fix your service and supply issues! Staff your ships! Have personal that understand their job and can communicate in English insted of just understanding every 5th word.

Amen and the regular food is going down that rabbit hole and needs to be listed to your list.

In the 2 years and especially the last 18 days onboard March/April has left a really bad taste in my mouth. Royal handled my whole Emerald change beyond poorly! Treated me less than favorable. Handled other issues less than favorably or just swept it under the rug. I only had my favorite drink twice in 14 days due to supply issues[emoji49]! 6 times in Feb trip[emoji35]. Again supply issues and the staff could of cared less, except for both schooner bars.

Now to get to a level and than privileges possibly yanked. Plans will be changing I've witness enough of this RCL show!

Stop messing and start adding stuff or fix your service and supply issues! Staff your ships! Have personal that understand their job and can communicate in English insted of just understanding every 5th word.

Gosh. Sound like you really dislike Royal. Why would you stay with them for the sake of a few drinks that are not even your favourite drink.

Can I ask what they did wrong with your "Whole Emerald change" and why it was so poor. I thought that there was nothing more to it then your tally changed on the website and a badge appeared on your bed.

Raina

Wow, from what you say I guess Emerald isn't such a good thing. Maybe I'm lucky that I was never Emerald.

Wow.

Ps and D+s hanging out with friends in the Concierge Lounge all evening long is what

rankles the suite passengers. We loved Freedom of Seas but this was so bad we gave up and now use Oasis as our favorite cruise ship.......Suite Lounges are wonderful!

We felt sorry the FOS Concierge. He tried to find seats for everyone but the friends

visiting friends grabbed every empty chair and added it the clusters. We never did

determine when these people eat dinner, if they do. We saw people standing outside

the door to the lounge waiting for someone to leave....which was futile.

It sounds like RCCL is making some sene changes which are long over due.

I am about to spend $18,000 USD on a cruise and actual wonder how much of the time of the concierge that should buy...

I know some will not want to read this so go away now if it offends you. We only sometimes cruise in a full suite but always go to the CL. Believe it or not, the concierge depends on tips for a living so we always tip him/her as if we were in a suite. Trust me, after a few cruises the concierges like having us in their lounge just as much as having full suite guests. Honestly ask your selves do you honestly think he/she really cares how much you gave Royal for your room or do you think he/she cares who much you give them?

Yes, I would like to know as well.

Look carefully. 80cc6286d40ea4c7c10e5398aed3671b.jpg

Gosh. Sound like you really dislike Royal. Why would you stay with them for the sake of a few drinks that are not even your favourite drink.

Can I ask what they did wrong with your "Whole Emerald change" and why it was so poor. I thought that there was nothing more to it then your tally changed on the website and a badge appeared on your bed.

Raina

Per LA and Royal Corporate it will take up to 14 days passed sailing to get points and a new tier.

This is another we are not going to process this quickly and nor do we seem to care that you are on more sailings currently. We are beyond glad we have your money and thanks for being Loyal to Royal.

Now it might have been the LA really didn't speak English, really didn't know her job or how to use her computer. This may just be Royal's new plan going forward.

I never got my pin, nor did I get anything of Emerald in the last cabin since it didn't seem like Corporate and the Ship could turnaround the change in a 4 day leaway. I wasn't going back through the whole thing again, when they should have done there job, since the LA was reminded multiple times I was on the ship for 9 days. Needless to say she was not offering Wow service. I didn't need the stupid sticker that bad, but it would have been nice to have my last card truly printed as Emerald since I save the cards. Now I am Diamond. We"ll see how that all goes so far no real discount off my Harmony sailing at Diamond level to beat the booking price at a month and half ago[emoji11].

1) I ended up paying platinum for laundry and internet.

2) Booked Harmony myself online! I guess the book it yourself OBC never showed either I was logged in as my Platinum price still beating diamond.

3) For any of you BA cardholders who sent points for OBC watch your account like a Hawk 3 leg of cruise my points did not show up til almost last day! Glad I noticed it caused it bought the drinks. Best bar staff schooner.

4) Interactive system not working well on Brilliance. I believe they may have farmed that out to cut costs. System just seemed like it was not interfacing well. Had to wait to get logged on. Kicked me off/crashed. Anything to avoid guest services for simple stuff.

1) I ended up paying platinum for laundry and internet.

2) Booked Harmony myself online! I guess the book it yourself OBC never showed either I was logged in as my Platinum price still beating diamond.

3) For any of you BA cardholders who sent points for OBC watch your account like a Hawk 3 leg of cruise my points did not show up til almost last day! Glad I noticed it caused it bought the drinks. Best bar staff schooner.

4) Interactive system not working well on Brilliance. I believe they may have farmed that out to cut costs. System just seemed like it was not interfacing well. Had to wait to get logged on. Kicked me off/crashed. Anything to avoid guest services for simple stuff.

Gosh - all I can say is first world problems.

I have skipped through the posts on this thread because I don't need to check it all out.

However, I have a comment from a D+ Downunder cruiser - we paid a premium (not just by sailing in JS) to get to D+ because we had to pay huge sums in Aussie dollars for flights to get us to the other side of the world so we could cruise with RCI and increase our loyalty. We could not hack cruising around Australia and NZ and out to SP islands multiple times :eek:

And FYI your cruising price in the US is a darn sight cheaper than what we pay!

Shout out to Raina and Clint :D

Gosh - all I can say is first world problems.

I have skipped through the posts on this thread because I don't need to check it all out.

However' date=' I have a comment from a D+ Downunder cruiser - we paid a premium (not just by sailing in JS) to get to D+ because we had to pay huge sums in Aussie dollars for flights to get us to the other side of the world so we could cruise with RCI and increase our loyalty. We could not hack cruising around Australia and NZ and out to SP islands multiple times :eek:

And FYI your cruising price in the US is a darn sight cheaper than what we pay!

Shout out to Raina and Clint :D[/quote']

Yep we pay through the nose as they say here in Australia & don't forget the TA's if you use one rarely offer much in the way of the OBC deals that US TA's do.

We have sailed all Balconies plus 1 Junior Suite & 1 Ocean view on a short Alaskan cruise to get to Diamond plus flights as you say to get out of Australia to sail somewhere new. Luckily we like to Scuba Dive so visiting the South Pacific for us still has it's benefits.

So cost wise we are up there compared with many US cruisers who have made Diamond or above at a much lower cost than us.

As some here also mentioned - I wouldn't have any issues at all with the C&A levels based on, or at least partly based your cabin type offering different points & not just doing that for suites. Heck if they did that we would probably be D+ by now! :D

I know some will not want to read this so go away now if it offends you. We only sometimes cruise in a full suite but always go to the CL. Believe it or not, the concierge depends on tips for a living so we always tip him/her as if we were in a suite. Trust me, after a few cruises the concierges like having us in their lounge just as much as having full suite guests. Honestly ask your selves do you honestly think he/she really cares how much you gave Royal for your room or do you think he/she cares who much you give them?

The concierge does not rely on tips for a living they are actually an Officer based at Guest relations and as such they are salaried.

Tips are their perk of being a Concierge.

Its my understanding the majority of the Concierge income comes from tips - they are guaranteed a small, minimum from RCI but without their tips there is very little compensation.

I agree. I cannot think of anyone, except 'proper seaman type officers and engineers and entertainment staff' who do not completely rely on tips. I have only known a few folk who work on cruise ships but they say it would be not worth while if it was not for tips.

In fact, certain ports/parts of the world where cruisers don't tip well are anticipated with dread by staff who get depressed thinking about serving folks when they know they 'ain't making no money....