Breaking News - C&A Changes/Enhancements

Yes, we ate in it last week [emoji3]

I'd actually go so far as to say the service there is better than the speciality restaurants

Sounds like this affirms what Kat said. Thanks.

It seems such a hit or miss when it comes to the actually getting your monies worth. Like I say I am no snob. I work hard. I want get what I pay for.

Love the 'Beardedladies' name! ;-)

I don't think I am a snob. I object to those who have 'earned' their C&A points that they try to vicariously demonstrate their own sense of social, intellectual and/or economic superiority over those who can actually afford a suite by bragging about their status. Nothing lowly about the attitude of those people.

So tell me, who can actually afford a suite?

I seem to hear more BS from suite goers than top tier C&A members....

Edited by robandana

Oh that will stop now, as they can get their Genies to deliver the BS for them..............:eek:

Really if a person considers BS as beneficial then this will happen from Inside Cabins upwards, thankfully most of us have the ability to recognise it.

..........I seem to hear more BS from suite goers than top tier C&A members....

As most here know, I am very quiet and shy, so would love to have the bar servers just bring my three drinks to my cabin.;)

John, LaLa, Pat and Bucky......if they kick us out, we'll find some other lounge for conversation.:D

Carden.....is on the same TA as me next week.....sounds as if we may be having another overflowing diamond lounge, like the one I just visited on Liberty 4/3-4/17.:( I booked the Brilliance because I really enjoyed the Concierge lounge in January!:rolleyes:

Yes, Kay you need to break out of your shell. :)

nope. not even Diamond yet. that will be in one more cruise but due to factors( him retiring from the Navy, new civilian job, major move) that will not happen for a couple of years.

but as a suite only cruiser, I am kind of ticked off at being given the hairy eyeball by many D+ when I enter the sacrosanct CL and made to feel very unwelcome. the first thing they all do is run their eyes over my person looking for that cruise pin. when they don't see any ( just got our Emerald one mid way last cruise) the next thing they do is adroitly) or not so) ask probing questions to find out our status. its like they forget that even a first time cruiser on a suite has every right to be in the lounge they co opted b/c the main D lounge( often despite being 'nicer' with better views 2/3 of the time) is too crowded or they have issues with the Concierge.

funnily enough, the Pinnacles all seem to lose that snobbery once they make it and become very welcoming.

So well put. CL is part of the price for taking a suite ( at least 2-3 times more expensive than a regular cabin) and should be the preserve of suite guests. I guess RCCL now see this as being right and being the good company that it is continues to offer excellent rewards in th C&A program.

So well put. CL is part of the price for taking a suite ( at least 2-3 times more expensive than a regular cabin) and should be the preserve of suite guests. I guess RCCL now see this as being right and being the good company that it is continues to offer excellent rewards in th C&A program.

Totally agree, Spookwife nailed it there.

I know that perspective is everything but I think we are never going reason with those entrenched in the 'entitlement' philosophy of the hairyball.

It's sounds like Royal Caribbean are on to it now, though...

Starting May 1, the Liberty and Allure will be involved in a test in at least the DL. The small computers that are used in all the bars where they swipe your setsail card have been installed in the DL. When you order a drink your setsail card will be swiped, supposedly they will not limit your number of drinks, RCCL just wants to know how many drinks everyone is ordering!!!

And we think service is slow now!!! Can see this being a big mess!!

Carla

Starting May 1, the Liberty and Allure will be involved in a test in at least the DL. The small computers that are used in all the bars where they swipe your setsail card have been installed in the DL. When you order a drink your setsail card will be swiped, supposedly they will not limit your number of drinks, RCCL just wants to know how many drinks everyone is ordering!!!

And we think service is slow now!!! Can see this being a big mess!!

Carla

Slower service = less ordering. Less ordering = less people going to lounge = Royal saying see, this was a success; people don't want the lounge. Corporate Self-Fulfilling Prophecy 101.

Have been told by HD and other officers that the CL's will be converted into SL's as the ships go through refit dry dock, so this will happen over the next 4 or 5 years. Supposedly as long as the ship has a CL, D+ will be allowed.

Carla

Here's what friends on EX had to say as they started TP from Sydney to Vancouver.

On the Explorer out of Sydney and the diamond plus are no longer allowed in the concierge lounge.

Seems some ships deciding to change before May 1 to alleviate changing in middle of a cruise? Wonder what will happen on other TAs:confused:

So tell me, who can actually afford a suite?

I seem to hear more BS from suite goers than top tier C&A members....

Well people do, because on all our sailings almost all of the suites are booked.

And.

We can only cruise at this time once a year, and we budget our "fun money" so when we do cruise we can afford this luxury.

Now next year we DD is out of college and we do not have those expenses we will be able to cruise over more vacations.

We are lucky we get 7 weeks paid time off, so cruising here we come more.

Enjoy

We love the suite life.

Sea Ya

Well people do, because on all our sailings almost all of the suites are booked.

And.

We can only cruise at this time once a year, and we budget our "fun money" so when we do cruise we can afford this luxury.

Now next year we DD is out of college and we do not have those expenses we will be able to cruise over more vacations.

We are lucky we get 7 weeks paid time off, so cruising here we come more.

Enjoy

We love the suite life.

Sea Ya

Thank you for your response.

I did not want to dignify the question with an answer but I appreciate you stepping in. I am glad it sounds like Royal are going to look after their suite guest more adequately. Some of these contributors sound like terrible bores with too much time on their hands and unfulfilling lives out with their 'points' driven sense of importance.

I know not all will be like this but reading the posts makes me think the 'normal' ones are keeping quiet...

Here's what friends on EX had to say as they started TP from Sydney to Vancouver.

On the Explorer out of Sydney and the diamond plus are no longer allowed in the concierge lounge.

Seems some ships deciding to change before May 1 to alleviate changing in middle of a cruise? Wonder what will happen on other TAs:confused:

Very disappointing. Booked an Alaska cruise 5/27/16 in an aft balcony on deck 9 near the concierge lounge for the convenience of having the lounge close by.

Have been told by HD and other officers that the CL's will be converted into SL's as the ships go through refit dry dock, so this will happen over the next 4 or 5 years. Supposedly as long as the ship has a CL, D+ will be allowed.

Carla

As I said on this thread, quite a while back, the HD and Concierge on the Brilliance told me that the CL will convert to a SL after the TA and Back Street Boys charter cruises - long before the next dry dock. Some of the larger ships need to convert the Cloud Nine room to the SL, and change the CL to a Library, so they may require more time or a dry dock. Adam G. made a tour of one of these ships last year and said he did not want his Suites' Guests to have one of those dungeons for their lounge while Ds and D+s have that VC DL with windows. Thus the changes on the Liberty during dry dock and all others subsequently.

Edited by Tagsalong

I don't think I am a snob. I object to those who have 'earned' their C&A points that they try to vicariously demonstrate their own sense of social, intellectual and/or economic superiority over those who can actually afford a suite by bragging about their status. Nothing lowly about the attitude of those people.

I am a little confused by your post. Is the problem with the group who brag about their C&A status or the group that brag about being able to afford a suite?

I think the real problem is the group of people who just have an issue with minding their own business. Whether it is about who is in the CL or DL and how you obtained the right to access those places, what category cabin you book, how you dress, how much you tip and how you do it, how much you eat, or how you raise your kids. Keep your nose out of my business and I'll happily reciprocate.

Edited by Ocean Boy

Very disappointing. Booked an Alaska cruise 5/27/16 in an aft balcony on deck 9 near the concierge lounge for the convenience of having the lounge close by.

Hi Lorraine. I feel you will be extremely pleased rather than disappointed that you won't be stuck in a small confined interior windowless CL rather than the DL/Viking Crown with sweeping views. let alone your aft balcony!!!:)

I think the real problem is the group of people who just have an issue with minding their own business.

We should all be more like Bob and actually try to help by sharing information and opinions rather than attacking others and professing ourselves to be better and more valid than the next person because their opinion is wrong.

Hi Lorraine. I feel you will be extremely pleased rather than disappointed that you won't be stuck in a small confined interior windowless CL rather than the DL/Viking Crown with sweeping views. let alone your aft balcony!!!:)

Thanks for the comforting words. My DH has a drop foot and wears a brace on his leg and finds it a little difficult to walk without tripping that is why we picked deck 9, not so much for views but convenience to the concierge lounge. We will make the best of it though. We have 4 more cruises booked with RCL, most likely the last. Within the last month booked NCL Escape, Celebrity Summit and yesterday booked MSC Seaside.

I am a little confused by your post. Is the problem with the group who brag about their C&A status or the group that brag about being able to afford a suite?

I think the real problem is the group of people who just have an issue with minding their own business. Whether it is about who is in the CL or DL and how you obtained the right to access those places, what category cabin you book, how you dress, how much you tip and how you do it, how much you eat, or how you raise your kids. Keep your nose out of my business and I'll happily reciprocate.

Well said!!!!!! [emoji1] [emoji1] [emoji1]

My thoughts EXACTLY! I have been puzzling over all the angst and hoopla over D+ not using the CL. I haven't used a CL in years. We call them the "Closet Lounge". I remember on one cruise we took out drinks out to the Centrum lounge area adjacent to the CL.

Loved every DL I've ever been in; really liked the 19th Hole adjacent to the VC; and really enjoy the flexibility of the 3 drinks loaded to our cards.

I can't figure out what the negative is with these upcoming changes.

Edited by pcur

Rich, the Diamond Lounge on Anthem is very nice. There are windows, and it adjoins the Music Hall, and is next to the main theater. Good, convenient location.

:)

Rich, as Merion Mom said the Diamond Lounge is outside the theater, and is full or over full every night. The C Lounge for Suites, Pinn and Diamond Plus is very hard to find on the 12 floor back a very long hall way of rooms from the elevators. The view is great though and much larger. When I went on 3 night to nowhere, they did not have any snacks available in either room or breakfast foods, because of noro issues the previous week. Not a fan of Anthem's decor or interior space, to many small rooms. Staterooms are a plus though. Also they have issues with food in dining rooms being luke warm to warm, never really hot. When I was just a Diamond member we only had 3 free types of drink, 1 white wine, rum punch, and 1 merlot you had to pay for beer (discounted) and no appetizers, or specialty coffee either.

I was upset on Anthem cruise, that I could not get at breakfast a cafe mocha, I have been able to get on all other cruise ships this at least at breakfast being Diamond Plus.