Breaking News - C&A Changes/Enhancements

Thanks for the comforting words. My DH has a drop foot and wears a brace on his leg and finds it a little difficult to walk without tripping that is why we picked deck 9, not so much for views but convenience to the concierge lounge. We will make the best of it though. We have 4 more cruises booked with RCL, most likely the last. Within the last month booked NCL Escape, Celebrity Summit and yesterday booked MSC Seaside.

Oh, how disappointing. Could you speak to someone at the resolutions desk and see if you can get moved near the DL lounge? I know I do think through how and why I choose a cabin and would be disappointed if my plan fell through.

Have been told by HD and other officers that the CL's will be converted into SL's as the ships go through refit dry dock, so this will happen over the next 4 or 5 years. Supposedly as long as the ship has a CL, D+ will be allowed.

Carla

On another thread, someone just posted that the EX just kicked the D+'s out of the CL. So much for waiting until dry dock.

someone told me it will be two hours also. Possibly shifting to a morning window to accomodate sunrise celebrations. Just a rumor of course. And limited to domestic us beers in plastic glasses only. It's rumored there will be a chip in them and if you try to take them into the mdr they will sound an alarm. Violations will be addressed by the ddcm (diamond drink coupon monitors). At that point the ddcm will log you into the mdr main system and you will be in the dcafrs (drink coupon abuser facial rrecognition system). Dcafrs initiation will trigger a pbla flag (permanent ban on any lounge access) regardless of future status or suite booking. Pbla status will result in in a removal of the mini-bar for all subsequent bookings unless a dd+psse (diamond diamond+ pinnacle super suite exception) is granted.

lol!!!!

Edited by webecruzin2
smileys didn't work :)

We should all be more like Bob and actually try to help by sharing information and opinions rather than attacking others and professing ourselves to be better and more valid than the next person because their opinion is wrong.

100% agreed. That's why people just lurk instead of posting, easier that way rather than the silliness that goes on. I don't post anywhere near as much these days.

Have been told by HD and other officers that the CL's will be converted into SL's as the ships go through refit dry dock, so this will happen over the next 4 or 5 years. Supposedly as long as the ship has a CL, D+ will be allowed.

Carla

Very interesting!! Again, RCCL consistent about being inconsistent!!

Carla

Carla, I'll let you know what the DL/CL decisions are on Brilliance next week. Can't imagine how slow this new card reader is going to make getting drinks in the DL. I see many bar servers not doing it....:)they work for tips.

Oh that will stop now, as they can get their Genies to deliver the BS for them..............:eek:

Really if a person considers BS as beneficial then this will happen from Inside Cabins upwards, thankfully most of us have the ability to recognise it.

I am a little confused by your post. Is the problem with the group who brag about their C&A status or the group that brag about being able to afford a suite?

I think the real problem is the group of people who just have an issue with minding their own business. Whether it is about who is in the CL or DL and how you obtained the right to access those places, what category cabin you book, how you dress, how much you tip and how you do it, how much you eat, or how you raise your kids. Keep your nose out of my business and I'll happily reciprocate.

Hi Chip....and Anita! What are your next few cruises? Would love to see you again......even though I know you are suite and pinnacle!;)

Great posts......condescending people are everywhere......suites guests and upper tier C&A members. Why can people not just play nicely?:D

Edited by cruising grandma

Oh, how disappointing. Could you speak to someone at the resolutions desk and see if you can get moved near the DL lounge? I know I do think through how and why I choose a cabin and would be disappointed if my plan fell through.

I looked already and only cabin available is the Owners Suite. Thank you for your suggestion.

Thanks for the comforting words. My DH has a drop foot and wears a brace on his leg and finds it a little difficult to walk without tripping that is why we picked deck 9, not so much for views but convenience to the concierge lounge. We will make the best of it though. We have 4 more cruises booked with RCL, most likely the last. Within the last month booked NCL Escape, Celebrity Summit and yesterday booked MSC Seaside.

I'm very sorry about your husbands foot drop. I have some foot drop with my left foot due to M.S. It's always an adventure trying to keep from tripping.

I looked already and only cabin available is the Owners Suite. Thank you for your suggestion.

Hey Lorraine... you'll have not much farther to go on foot to get to the DL compared to the CL. The CL is at the elevator bank, so basically rather than stopping at the CL, you simply go up to 14 on the elevator and you're at the DL... not too much more walking at all. The real walk will be all the way aft from your stateroom. Maybe you could look into getting a wheelchair or scooter by emailing RCL Special Needs?

special_needs@rccl.com.

Edited by Hoopster95

Thank you for your response.

I did not want to dignify the question with an answer but I appreciate you stepping in. I am glad it sounds like Royal are going to look after their suite guest more adequately. Some of these contributors sound like terrible bores with too much time on their hands and unfulfilling lives out with their 'points' driven sense of importance.

I know not all will be like this but reading the posts makes me think the 'normal' ones are keeping quiet...

I'm glad you have much better things to do with your time!

I am a little confused by your post. Is the problem with the group who brag about their C&A status or the group that brag about being able to afford a suite?

I think the real problem is the group of people who just have an issue with minding their own business. Whether it is about who is in the CL or DL and how you obtained the right to access those places, what category cabin you book, how you dress, how much you tip and how you do it, how much you eat, or how you raise your kids. Keep your nose out of my business and I'll happily reciprocate.

I second this motion! :cool:

I don't think I am a snob. I object to those who have 'earned' their C&A points that they try to vicariously demonstrate their own sense of social, intellectual and/or economic superiority over those who can actually afford a suite by bragging about their status. Nothing lowly about the attitude of those people.

Wow, just wow.

Wow, just wow.

You know, Karen, that thought just went through my mind, also, about 60 seconds ago.

I'm of the philosophy if you call someone a "bore", and want to hear from the "normal" ones, you just don't make many (virtual) friends.

I can't figure out what the negative is with these upcoming changes.

The negative is due to the severe overcrowding that will result in the DLs.

With the change, ALL D+ will be forced into the DL.

In the past, when we experienced crowded conditions in the DL, we simply went to the CL. Having both as an option created a way of evening out the numbers.

I still think that converting CLs to SLs on the older ships is a strategic mistake as they will be underutilized. The concierges in those converted lounges will suffer from boredom and the wonderful servers will lose out big time on tips.

Hey Lorraine... you'll have not much farther to go on foot to get to the DL compared to the CL. The CL is at the elevator bank, so basically rather than stopping at the CL, you simply go up to 14 on the elevator and you're at the DL... not too much more walking at all. The real walk will be all the way aft from your stateroom. Maybe you could look into getting a wheelchair or scooter by emailing RCL Special Needs?

special_needs@rccl.com.[/quote

Thanks again for your suggestions, it will be fine, just disappointed that booking so far ahead to get a specific aft balcony close to the CL only to be told, "no can use".

special_needs@rccl.com.[/quote

Thanks again for your suggestions, it will be fine, just disappointed that booking so far ahead to get a specific aft balcony close to the CL only to be told, "no can use".

But as Claudio was trying to tell you, Lorraine, the aft cabins are NOT "close to" the Concierge Lounge. You selected a cabin all the way at the back of the ship. You BOOKED a long walk. So I am confused.

I still think that converting CLs to SLs on the older ships is a strategic mistake as they will be underutilized. The concierges in those converted lounges will suffer from boredom and the wonderful servers will lose out big time on tips.

Or-they will be able to give a more personalized service to suite guests and Pinnacle members that may actually increase tips.:confused:

But as Claudio was trying to tell you, Lorraine, the aft cabins are NOT "close to" the Concierge Lounge. You selected a cabin all the way at the back of the ship. You BOOKED a long walk. So I am confused.

And the GOOD news is that the DL is not really farther at all from your cabin - just an elevator ride away. The walk from your cabin to the CL will be the same as your walk to the elevator, so really only very few more steps.

Judy

And the GOOD news is that the DL is not really farther at all from your cabin - just an elevator ride away. The walk from your cabin to the CL will be the same as your walk to the elevator, so really only very few more steps.

Judy

We all know that but accepting the fact leaves nothing for her to complain about. And she can't call RCCL to complain unless these rumors become factual.

I'm going to open a new thread called 'whine at RCCL' where all the complainers can hang out.

We all know that but accepting the fact leaves nothing for her to complain about. And she can't call RCCL to complain unless these rumors become factual.

I'm going to open a new thread called 'whine at RCCL' where all the complainers can hang out.

That is uncalled for. She is dealing with someone with a disability, and is just trying to figure out the best way to manage her cruise. Nothing about her says "whining" to me.

:(

Edited by Merion_Mom

That is uncalled for. She is dealing with someone with a disability, and is just trying to figure out the best way to manage her cruise. Nothing about her says "whining" to me.

:(

She's also not listening.

These forums have lost their purpose and have become like Facebook where people feel the need to share their lives. I'll be right back. Need to pee 😂 .

I'm really greatfull to those who provide useful information for the other passengers.