Breaking News - C&A Changes/Enhancements

We all should go back and reminisce. 2013

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1945207 :)

For even more reminiscing....

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1913775

I guess if you wait long enough some of the old "rumor" thread have a chance.

Edited by looking4info

We just got off Adventure the 9th. Package discounts were listed right on the slip the guy had you sign when you bought the package - 20% off for D, 30% off for D+ and 40% off for Pinn. Did not matter which package. We both bought the Premium pkg which would normally be around $404 for a week, with the 30% off it was just shy of $283 so a huge savings per package.

We still enjoyed the DL every night and went in the CL once. DL on Adventure is way nicer

Celebrity - we love have the pkg included on Silhouette and still went up to the Sky Lounge each evening for the top tier event. Really enjoyed the little bites to eat and talking to the various officers that came and went. We personally loved Silhouette and hubby by far thought it was the best food he has ever had on a cruise ship

I have to say b/c of view we more often go to the DL vs CL anyway so really doesn't matter to me but it is nice to have access to both. I will also say, as a rule, the place clears right before early dinner so have never found it impossible to find a place to sit. People are usually very friendly and if there are spaces open by them, you are normally more than welcome to join them.

And even with the pkg on Celebrity we still go to the nightly event for a while just to enjoy the atmosphere and talking to other cruises and the staff.

According to BV management here on the Navigator the discounts were offered this past December on the Adventure but have been discontinued as it did not go over well. Was told that sometimes it takes a while to get the word out that the trial was discontinued. My only response was I did not know many people,if they were aware of something being discounted, they would want to pay full price. Oh well it is RCCL we are talking about.

I feel for them too. I'm not that cold hearted. Heck, RCI has been on quite a role lately. They screwed things up about as much as they possibly could. You haven't seen me waving any pom poms over on that thread.

There is at least one set of pom poms over there

You can expect to have a lot less Money.:D:D

The diamond lounge has an aft view and on our recent South American cruise it was opened up into the lounge for overflow with plenty of seats out in the lounge. We only went once but were able to walk in and get a seat inside the DL at the window for a great view. The CL is upstairs and rather small. They sometimes open doors allowing overflow out into the VCL. During show times the elevators are shut down so unless you can do stairs you can be trapped there during diner hour. The CL has a step inside so mobility challenged people only have 3 or 4 seats available before the step. Most seating in the CL is for two by two with only 3 sets of 4 chairs so large group seating is a challenge.

The diamond lounge has an aft view and on our recent South American cruise it was opened up into the lounge for overflow with plenty of seats out in the lounge. We only went once but were able to walk in and get a seat inside the DL at the window for a great view. The CL is upstairs and rather small. They sometimes open doors allowing overflow out into the VCL. During show times the elevators are shut down so unless you can do stairs you can be trapped there during diner hour. The CL has a step inside so mobility challenged people only have 3 or 4 seats available before the step. Most seating in the CL is for two by two with only 3 sets of 4 chairs so large group seating is a challenge.

We always had the best seats on that cruise, eh Clint!!!

Most of the seating in the CL are like mini bar stools that are not very comfortable....Oh and the door breaks a lot!!!:D

:D:D We are great, thanks for asking. Trying to knock off some of my cruising weight...:D:D

How are you guys?

I was up 14lbs the day we got home but in 5 days it was gone so I'm guessing all that salt onboard. We are great but sad due to no cruises until Sept (if we can wait that long). Just booked another cruise this morning so the addiction continues (I think that puts me at 20 or 21 futures, guess I will have to count again:D).

I was up 14lbs the day we got home but in 5 days it was gone so I'm guessing all that salt onboard. We are great but sad due to no cruises until Sept (if we can wait that long). Just booked another cruise this morning so the addiction continues (I think that puts me at 20 or 21 futures, guess I will have to count again:D).

I get to go in August. :D

Any changes should be in place by then

Edited by John&LaLa

I get to go in August. :D

Any changes should be in place by then

On the one hand I'm not too worried about changes due to being P but on the other hand we have lots of cruises coming up sailing with friends that are D+ and we love to hang with them in the CL. So now maybe the DL and crowding? Also, my brother just made D and we will be sailing with him on his first post D cruise so also a little concerned with any changes there. It does feel a little strange with him just turning D as he is the one who got us into cruising but he has spent time on many different cruise lines and we sort of focused.

Maybe this is how RC roadtest ideas now, put it on here, watch it go through the stages of denial, anger and finally acceptance and then implement it.....:p

I have frequently thought the very same thing.

At least some of the rumors are confirmed as true. For instance, the "Welcome Back Party" has been removed as a benefit from all tiers on the Royal Caribbean website.

I thought the 'trial' was to split out the tiers- a party for Gold / Platinum / Emerald on one night and then a Party for D / D+ / Pinnacle on another night. As posted on this thread

I guess the evaluation of these 'trials' was to dispense with the lower tier (AKA welcome back) party.

Edited by icsys

9+ More days til RCI releases the new CA plan.

This new Diamond is going to beyond less than pleased about not having a DL to go to after I played by the rules to get to this level of a dl and I have paid 210% along the way as a solo. The sad thing is I am not surprised that RCI is most likely going to pull this.

Nothing like beyond pissing on your LOYAL TO ROYAL cruisers, with a bunch of planned half pd for bookings.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk