BOGO60 - Coming May 2nd - Yeehaw!

May 2nd marks the two year anniversary of Royals's infamous BOGO sales.

IF prices don't go up :rolleyes:, the newest "sale" might save some people money over current BOGOSAVER. It doesn't offer free upgrades within stateroom type. It also doesn't include free gratuities but they weren't combinable with balcony discounts so your bottom line may or may not improve. It's basically a "new" take on an old BOGO30.

BOGO60

Booking Window: May 2, 2016 – June 6, 2016

Sailing Window: All sailings on or after June 2, 2016, excluding China departures

• Buy One Guest, Get Second Guest 60% off

• 30% off for 3rd and 4th guests

Yeehaw! But, personally, I would have preferred to see a NOBOGO sale. Oh well.

~ Judy

Edited by FloridaPalms

This seems very similar to the 30% off sale.

Except, we may be able to get full C&A balcony discounts with this sale, because the balcony discount is normally applied in full to the first guest, and with this sale, the first guest should be charged full price, so no reason to reduce the balcony discount.

Edited by clarea

I would have preferred to see a NOBOGO sale.

Aha! Explains why 2 Sept cruises I've been tracking the last 3 weeks have suddenly jumped yesterday about $150 per person for interiors, obviously in preparation for discounting that same $150 off as a "sale" price :rolleyes:

Aha! Explains why 2 Sept cruises I've been tracking the last 3 weeks have suddenly jumped yesterday about $150 per person for interiors, obviously in preparation for discounting that same $150 off as a "sale" price :rolleyes:

Of course they did...always happens just before a "sale" :rolleyes:

Just like the paint store that always is 70% off and the river cruises that are always 2 for 1 pricing.

Its marketing. Obviously its not a sale if there are sales 365 days a year. But sometimes they mix it up and you can get a better deal. When it changes, check if you got a better price, and if you did, rebook. If not, go on with you month and wait for the next sale.

No need to bash them for marketing.

Except, we may be able to get full C&A balcony discounts with this sale, because the balcony discount is normally applied in full to the first guest, and with this sale, the first guest should be charged full price, so no reason to reduce the balcony discount.

Well, technically, the balcony discount is never reduced - it just reduces the base fare against which the BOGO is computed resulting in a decreased savings in an amount equal to that percentage of the balcony discount. :confused::eek::p:D

But yeah, and it would save me a couple of hundred on my Oasis cruise next year - which is why I am 99.9999% sure there will be a corresponding price increase to go along with it. :rolleyes:

But for some people, depending on when and what they have booked, there could be a savings over the current promo.

I can't complain though. I got in on the sweet Harmony 30/30 sale and a great BOGOHO Celebrate & Save rate for my upcoming Indy cruise.

~ Judy

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

You think that RC won't figure out how to diminish our balcony discount under this promotion?

HA HA HA HA HA

:(

I'm curious to see if they are going to allow re-pricing of existing bookings this time or make folks cancel and re-book.

I also expect a 10% price increase Sunday night :)

Edited by molly361

Had to giggle at the "if prices don't go up". :-) You know they will. The only sale in my recent memory where prices didn't go up was when the 30/30/30 first started and also when the very first BOGOHO first started. I booked early on both of those and got great deals.

I'm curious to see if they are going to allow re-pricing of existing bookings this time or make folks cancel and re-book.

I also expect a 10% price increase Sunday night :)

Funny thing was that they gave me a price drop without rebooking, but they would not add the gratuities OBC.