Should Carnival bring back tablecloths each night?

Should Carnival bring back tablecloths for each night in the Main Dining Room?  

598 members have voted

1. 1. Should Carnival bring back tablecloths for each night in the Main Dining Room?

• YES!
    • NO!
    • Don't care...

You know for a fact that I've never been to a high end restaurant? That's where you lost all credibility with me, although your post was outstanding in it's ignorant condescension. You sound just like a mater dee. In fact I'm re-reading your post with my nose in the air and imagining that fake, pretentious accent that you all seem to adore. :p BTW, my post was meant as a joke. It's good to come out from behind your podium once in a while and mingle with the soiled masses.

Another funny post, you are on a roll.

You calling another poster pretentious and condescending is really good.

He's been on Carnival a few times before the change' date=' so it will show if the "average" person notices or cares about the tablecloths. We have never discussed tablecloths on cruise ships, so I just want to see if he says anything. Obviously to be a real experiment we would have to get the reactions of a lot of people, but I'm just curious.[/quote']

ah, so he has been on carnival before. didn't see that in your previous post. it will be interesting if he notices or even cares. would be happy to see what you report about his thoughts.

Because the previous 50 threads about this didn't quite cover it enough!:p

not enough threads is one reason why a cloth would not cover sufficiently.

Not enough threads is great for bikinis, bad for tablecloths and par for message boards. :)

In as much as management seems enamored with no linen on the tables for dinner and a modicum of flatware, I predict the next step will be doing away with staff uniforms. Let the servers dress however they wish. After all the passengers have done so, why make the staff uncomfortable in a uniform. And it will save Carnival a ton of money not having to buy and maintain all those "stuffy" uniforms.

If you think this is not possible think back ten years ago. Alter the dress code - Never happen - once a day cabin service - never happen - No table clothes - never happen - almost no flatware for the diner - never happen - elimination of enrichment lectures - never happen. Whoops it all has happened for one reason. The passengers on this line do not care and keep coming back. The reductions will cease and more services will reappear only when Carnival can no longer fill their ships. So be prepared.

In as much as management seems enamored with no linen on the tables for dinner and a modicum of flatware, I predict the next step will be doing away with staff uniforms. Let the servers dress however they wish. After all the passengers have done so, why make the staff uncomfortable in a uniform. And it will save Carnival a ton of money not having to buy and maintain all those "stuffy" uniforms.

If you think this is not possible think back ten years ago. Alter the dress code - Never happen - once a day cabin service - never happen - No table clothes - never happen - almost no flatware for the diner - never happen - elimination of enrichment lectures - never happen. Whoops it all has happened for one reason. The passengers on this line do not care and keep coming back. The reductions will cease and more services will reappear only when Carnival can no longer fill their ships. So be prepared.

Exactly.

I would wager to guess that the price of cruising has gone up less than inflation over the past 10+ years. Carnival has clearly made a business decision that cutting these items will cost them less customers than raising prices. Its all business, you cannot blame them. As a consumer who is not bothered by those items you mentioned, I am extremely happy to have the prices kept down.

• Thanks 1

LOL, no uniforms.... You are funny. Do you sail on Carnival?

Alter the dress code - Never happen - once a day cabin service - never happen - No table clothes - never happen - almost no flatware for the diner - never happen - elimination of enrichment lectures - never happen. Whoops it all has happened for one reason. The passengers on this line do not care and keep coming back. The reductions will cease and more services will reappear only when Carnival can no longer fill their ships. So be prepared.

Geesh, you answered your own diatribe. Obviously if any of these things were "important" to the average consumer they would still be around or the consumer wouldn't be. All of these complaints about Carnival changing their business practice doesn't seem to have hurt the bottom line in any way. How can "the complainers" argue with that.

• Thanks 1

Geesh, you answered your own diatribe. Obviously if any of these things were "important" to the average consumer they would still be around or the consumer wouldn't be. All of these complaints about Carnival changing their business practice doesn't seem to have hurt the bottom line in any way. How can "the complainers" argue with that.

One can always tell when the bashing list gets a little lean.....

I prefer it WITH the tablecloth, just seems neater and feels somehow more special (an intangible I admit) but this is hardly a deal breaker for me either way.

I do it have strong feelings either way. Whenever this topic comes up I think of our first Splendor cruise out of CA. Our oldest gran daughter was 1 1/2 and she loved the soups in the MDR. The Maitre'd spent time at our table almost every night and suggested tucking the table cloth into her dress to make the soup easier for everybody. That was one table cloth that def needing cleaning each night. Sure won't work now......

I do it have strong feelings either way. Whenever this topic comes up I think of our first Splendor cruise out of CA. Our oldest gran daughter was 1 1/2 and she loved the soups in the MDR. The Maitre'd spent time at our table almost every night and suggested tucking the table cloth into her dress to make the soup easier for everybody. That was one table cloth that def needing cleaning each night. Sure won't work now......

The padding underneath (of those that have them) and the cloths do quiet the general noisiness of the room; perhaps that is what makes it feel a little "nicer" to me.

I like things on a cruise that feel a notch more special and unique than day to day living.

Whatever someone feels on this subject is neither right nor wrong, it is all just a personal feeling.

The padding underneath (of those that have them) and the cloths do quiet the general noisiness of the room; perhaps that is what makes it feel a little "nicer" to me.

I like things on a cruise that feel a notch more special and unique than day to day living.

Whatever someone feels on this subject is neither right nor wrong, it is all just a personal feeling.

There was padding under the old tables, can't argue with the wanting "more special" either.

Obviously this is all a matter of opinion, but here is proof that the dining room looks awful without tablecloths and much better with. Looks a lot like a cafeteria at school and this happens to be Vista...supposedly the newest and best. Looks ridiculous to me actually. Of course everyone thinks their own opinion is correct ;)

dining_lg_zpsaxtdtwxe.jpg

13100814_1212572582118634_8187104140399123960_n_zpsvq6fzlv4.jpg

Obviously this is all a matter of opinion, but here is proof that the dining room looks awful without tablecloths and much better with. Looks a lot like a cafeteria at school and this happens to be Vista...supposedly the newest and best. Looks ridiculous to me actually. Of course everyone thinks their own opinion is correct ;)

Are those card tables and folding chairs?

All a matter of opinion because to me the top table with the tablecloths looks very dated and old fashioned while the bottom without looks very fresh and modern. I LOVE the new Vista dining rooms.

Don't care either way about table cloths. I have more important fights to fight with Carnival lol