days of fill the bag laundry

micro yaya

Every day, except the last couple of days of the cruise (need time to get it done, back to you, and packed). That includes boarding day, too.

Edited by RuthC

Last cruise did the unlimited laundry for the first time. It was an amazing luxury to me!! You pay $7.00 per day ( some say it is $9.00 in Europe) for the cabin, and can send out as much as you want. It comes back the next day, and sometimes made it back on the same day if you left it on the bed in the bag when you went for breakfast. There was a spot to check off the Unlimited Laundry on the papers you fill out about what you are sending out. They put it on your account. Items are put on hanger if they need to be, and the rest is delivered in a rattan tray, with tissue paper around it and a lovely sticker on top!! I got over myself and sent everything.....it was delightful to not have undies hanging in the bathroom! Also a delight to have everything clean and ready when we got off for a week land trip. I will definitely do this again. On a couple of days, i simply sent three or four items from us both.

I would certainly give this to friends who are travelling as a bon voyage gift rather than a bottle of wine... the ultimate pampering! Yes, you can prepay it though guest services. Some say the european cost is less if you pre pay.

I loved having clean laundry to go home with on the Mexico trip! It was especially great after I came down with noro once home... I'm doing the daily on our Med cruise and yes, it's $7 per day if you pre-pay.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We were on a 26 day Med/TA last October and the on-board purchase cost of the unlimited laundry package was $9 per day for the cabin. It's NOT a per-person rate, it's for the cabin. The on-board rate is $7 per day in North America and the Caribbean, and $9 per day in Europe. No idea on South America, Asia, and Pacific. However, if you call Ship's Services before your cruise (more than 3 days out), you can get the $7 rate by prepaying.

It is true that you cannot use the laundry service on the day before your disembarkation. They can't guarantee to get your laundry back to you that same day, and that is also the day you must pack up and have your luggage outside by midnight. So, technically, they shouldn't charge you for the last day, because you are not permitted to use the service. But, it's only $7, the cost of a cocktail.

You can send out as little as a pair of socks or stuff the bag full. If you have more, ask for another bag. In most cases, the laundry is back in your room by 4:30 or 5:00pm the same day, providing you get it to your cabin steward early, like before 9:00am.

Excellent service and we would not cruise without it.

We are taking two grands on a 14 day Norway cruise this summer. i knew we would need the unlimited laundry service so, I just called sips services. i told the young lady that I wanted to pre order the service as I had been told that it would be cheaper then waiting till we board. She replied that "no, the price is the same and it will be $98." Well a quick calculation told me that was $7/day. So, I said that since i had her on the line I would like to pre order the service. Done! Do you think the girls in the office don"t know about the increase in Europe?

We are taking two grands on a 14 day Norway cruise this summer. i knew we would need the unlimited laundry service so, I just called sips services. i told the young lady that I wanted to pre order the service as I had been told that it would be cheaper then waiting till we board. She replied that "no, the price is the same and it will be $98." Well a quick calculation told me that was $7/day. So, I said that since i had her on the line I would like to pre order the service. Done! Do you think the girls in the office don"t know about the increase in Europe?

We read on CC that the unlimited laundry service was $9 per day in Europe. So, we called Ship's Services and purchased it ahead of time for $7 per day. Just to check, when we got on board, we visited the Front Office, and asked for the package and were quoted $9 per day. This was a 26 day Med/TA, Athens to FLL cruise.

There's a lot of things that HAL's agents will tell you that are different when you board the ship. Generally, the actual reports you get from recent cruisers on CC are a lot more accurate that what you get from HAL on the phone. It appears that the officers and department heads on the ships have a lot of leeway in setting policy.

I never did understand why it costs more for HAL to do guest's laundry in Europe than North America. They certainly don't bring on cheaper laundry room staff when they reach the Caribbean. Even the "by-the-bag" rate goes from $20 to $30 when in European waters. CC members have suggested that many people who board a HAL ship in Europe have been on land tours for many days prior to the cruise, and they immediately send everything they have down to the laundry the first day. More expected usage.... higher cost. I don't know, but either way, it's a wonderful service !!

Edited by TAD2005

Does the unlimited laundry service exclude dry cleaning? or include?

Dry cleaning is not included in the unlimited laundry package. Dry cleaning is offered on a per piece basis (except for those in Neptune/Pinnacle suites).

It excludes dry cleaning.

Unless we have our cruise lines mixed up (several offer this service), garments are not pressed. Laundry only. It is a reasonable offer.

Edited by iancal

It excludes dry cleaning.

Unless we have our cruise lines mixed up (several offer this service), garments are not pressed. Laundry only. It is a reasonable offer.

Even my undies (and socks!) come back pressed...

Mine were too.

But I seem to recall that my cotton shirts were not. This seemed odd to me. I could well be confused with one of the other cruise lines that does something similar. I distinctly remember being surprised that our underwear was pressed/folded yet the shirts were folded but definitely not pressed. It is one of the reasons why I tend to rinse out my shirts because when I hang them up to dry they seem to end up with far less wrinkles.

Edited by iancal

We read on CC that the unlimited laundry service was $9 per day in Europe. So, we called Ship's Services and purchased it ahead of time for $7 per day. Just to check, when we got on board, we visited the Front Office, and asked for the package and were quoted $9 per day. This was a 26 day Med/TA, Athens to FLL cruise.

There's a lot of things that HAL's agents will tell you that are different when you board the ship. Generally, the actual reports you get from recent cruisers on CC are a lot more accurate that what you get from HAL on the phone. It appears that the officers and department heads on the ships have a lot of leeway in setting policy.

I never did understand why it costs more for HAL to do guest's laundry in Europe than North America. They certainly don't bring on cheaper laundry room staff when they reach the Caribbean. Even the "by-the-bag" rate goes from $20 to $30 when in European waters. CC members have suggested that many people who board a HAL ship in Europe have been on land tours for many days prior to the cruise, and they immediately send everything they have down to the laundry the first day. More expected usage.... higher cost. I don't know, but either way, it's a wonderful service !!

as previously mentioned, it is the required VAT charge.

Mine were too.

But I seem to recall that my cotton shirts were not. This seemed odd to me. I could well be confused with one of the other cruise lines that does something similar. I distinctly remember being surprised that our underwear was pressed/folded yet the shirts were folded but definitely not pressed. It is one of the reasons why I tend to rinse out my shirts because when I hang them up to dry they seem to end up with far less wrinkles.

Just off the Amsterdam and my cotton shirts were perfect, as was everything else. Thought they ironed my polo shirts but was told they use a steam device that blows them up - someone posted a photo a while back.

If it happens again, just speak with your room steward and all will be fixed.

as previously mentioned, it is the required VAT charge.

$7 daily fee bumped up to $9 would a 33% VAT. $20 per-bag fee bumped up to $30 is about a 46% VAT. The EU VAT rates vary, depending on the country and item or service from 10% up to 23%.

So, unless HAL is tacking their own fees on top of the VAT, the difference in on-board laundry fees cannot be attributed to the VAT. Plus, non-EU persons can get the VAT refunded at most airports. I've never seen an offer to apply for a VAT refund on a ship. If VAT was the reason for higher laundry fees, why not would purchases in the gift shops on-board also be hit with a VAT ? Why would only laundry service be subject to the VAT ?

$7 daily fee bumped up to $9 would a 33% VAT. $20 per-bag fee bumped up to $30 is about a 46% VAT. The EU VAT rates vary, depending on the country and item or service from 10% up to 23%.

FYI: I checked your math. A $2 tax on a $7 purchase is about 28.5% tax and not 33%.

That being said, I have no idea if the HAL laundry price difference is due to VAT (or any other tax) or some other reason (like people seem more willing to pay extra in Europe vs. more price sensitive people elsewhere, longer average cruise length in Europe that drives up demand, a larger percentage of HAL ships with no self-service laundry in Europe, etc.).