May WOW sale 5/17-5/21 Reduced Deposits

My experience is that C&A has been the most knowledgeable and helpful. However, if you are booked with a TA, there is only so much C&A can do for you.

I've been doing all my bookings directly for the last 7 cruises, so it's good to know I can just call them know if need be. Thanks!

Booked a JS on Adventure for Oct 2017. Got the same price I have been watching for a few weeks and no OBC because balcony discount from C&A was higher. Called at midnight, sale wasn't loaded yet but C&A agent went out of his way to get info. Called back in 20 minutes, booked quickly and the woman was very helpful and knowledgable

Just a heads up that the upcoming May WOW Sale will be adding 50% reduced deposits to the current BOGO60 May Saver promo.

OFFER DETAILS:

Booking Window: May 17-21, 2016

Sailing Window: All sailings departing on or after June 17, 2016. Offer excludes China departures

Offer details:

Buy One Guest, Get Second Guest 60% Off (30% off 3rd & higher)

Up to $200 per stateroom Onboard Credit

50% Reduced Deposit

Onboard Credit

5 Nights or less: $50 USD Per Stateroom

6 to 9 Nights: $100 USD Per Stateroom

10 Nights or Longer: $200 USD Per Stateroom

As usual, the OBC is not combinable with C&A discounts.

Newbies please note that the 50% reduced deposit does NOT reduce the cruise price but it does reduce the amount of money you have to pay up front since the rest is not due until final payment.

~ Judy

Prices are so ridiculously high.

I got an email about the WOW sale, so I checked it out - for a b2b already booked on Harmony in February 2018. Oddly, the price for each week had gone up by $1, but I was able to bump my original $50 OBC to $100, so I came out ahead by $49 for each week.

Which cruise ship is this for? Carnival or Royal? I tried both and it never took off the second person 1/2. Do I need to call, and what is a better site to go off of?

THanks

Just a heads up that the upcoming May WOW Sale will be adding 50% reduced deposits to the current BOGO60 May Saver promo.

OFFER DETAILS:

Sailing Window: All sailings departing on or after June 17, 2016. Offer excludes China departures

Offer details:

50% Reduced Deposit

Onboard Credit

Newbies please note that the 50% reduced deposit does NOT reduce the cruise price but it does reduce the amount of money you have to pay up front since the rest is not due until final payment.

~ Judy

Which cruise ship is this for? Carnival or Royal? I tried both and it never took off the second person 1/2. Do I need to call, and what is a better site to go off of?

THanks

Royal.

I booked on the RC website (U.S.) and encountered problems. I pulled up one sailing and there was no discount on the deposit. I pulled up a different sailing and the discount was applied. I went back to the first sailing and this time the discount was shown. I guess you can keep trying the website or just call them.

P.S. I had better luck when I clicked on the "Book" button on the home page where it says WOW sale but I don't know if that really made a difference.

Edited by Pratique

THanks

That is the current Royal promotion.

The prices you see on Royal's website alrready have the 60% discount figured in. If you click on the "View Detail Pricing ..." link, you will see the full prices and how they calculated the discount.

I would not book anything on line with RCCL without checking with a TA or calling RCCL direct. Have been watching a cruise on cruising power (agent's site) Royal is offering a very large TX Resident Discount and a resident discount for several states, but on RCCL's site, it will not pick up the TX resident discount, have entered it every way possible. The cruise is $500 cheaper with the resident discount.

I'm just saying, check out the prices in several places before booking direct with Royal on line!!

Carla

I would not book anything on line with RCCL without checking with a TA or calling RCCL direct. Have been watching a cruise on cruising power (agent's site) Royal is offering a very large TX Resident Discount and a resident discount for several states, but on RCCL's site, it will not pick up the TX resident discount, have entered it every way possible. The cruise is $500 cheaper with the resident discount.

I'm just saying, check out the prices in several places before booking direct with Royal on line!!

Carla

What if the cabin is only $232 to begin with? How much cheaper can it get? ;)

Edited by John&LaLa

Royal is extending current WOW sale through May 23rd. Oh joy. :rolleyes:

That means we have to wait until May 24th for their next latest and greatest promo. Since May 24th is a milestone birthday for me (think Medicare :(), a present from Royal would soften the blow. :D

~ Judy

OFFER DETAILS:

Offer details:

50% Reduced Deposit

Onboard Credit

~ Judy

Royal is extending current WOW sale through May 23rd. Oh joy. :rolleyes:

That means we have to wait until May 24th for their next latest and greatest promo. Since May 24th is a milestone birthday for me (think Medicare :(), a present from Royal would soften the blow. :D

~ Judy

Actually, I think the 60% off comes back until June 6th, so no major changes. :cool:

Didn't I just read here an hour ago that someone was able to keep their tax sale reservation and pick up the OBC? I think,I am losing my mind. Now that post is gone!

No, that was over on the old "New Tax Free Promo" thread at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=50038083&postcount=33. But two posts later, another CC member posted how they had to remove the tax free sale to take advantage of this WOW sale.

But it's Royal, so YMMV. ;)

~ Judy

That was back in April.

Right. I purchased my cruise during that April sale of no sales tax. My question was could I keep that sale and just get the added OBC of $100.00 without losing that sales tax purchase.

E1 said no but I,thought the other lady said she did get both.

I don't want to change my reservation.