Once a Day Room Cleaning on Carnival?

2nd time posting my comment ... CC don't like me so they troll my comments

I say again We are Beating This Dead Horse AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is because Carnival (JH) is saying one thing...that it is available twice a day if you want it but then CC members are reporting that some room stewards are saying it is only once a day. That is why it keeps being discussed.

Evidently, there is a problem, if there weren't and it really is twice a day then there would be no need for this discussion but since there is a problem, this is a forum and it will be discussed until the problem is fixed.

If I felt as though it was a thread that is being beaten to death then I would not read it...problem solved.

Just so you know when you get back on the ship after an excursion, right after the security line there is someone there with 2 big blue bins. One is for dirty blue towels and the other is full of clean ones. You can exchange them right then and there. No need to drag a damp, sandy towel back to your stateroom. I take advantage of that every time.

Good to point out. I generally hit the lido deck and swap out there before going back to the room.

wow.. i am amazed.. i am going on the carnival sunshine,, so i read this.. and i really guess the service was as bad as experienced cruisers saw on the ncl breakaway disaster cruise i took in april. noone would have complained about having the cabin cleaned only once a day... there were several cabins that were not cleaned at all everyday!!

i guess we will feel very spoiled on this upcoming cruise if they do in fact clean the cabin 2x a day!!!

That's when I appear at GS and remove the tips for the room steward.

Just returned from the Pride yesterday. We were busy and did not see our steward on embarkation day. He left a comfort matters form for us to fill out. Our form DID NOT have a box to check both. Im not sure if the wording is different from past forms. I still have it and this is a direct quote from the form. (I did not fill it out and received both)

DAILY STATEROOM SERVICE

A daily beautification to keep your "home away from home" feeling fresh and tidy.

__ Morning Refresher ___ Evening Turndurn

Just returned from the Pride yesterday. We were busy and did not see our steward on embarkation day. He left a comfort matters form for us to fill out. Our form DID NOT have a box to check both. Im not sure if the wording is different from past forms. I still have it and this is a direct quote from the form. (I did not fill it out and received both)

DAILY STATEROOM SERVICE

A daily beautification to keep your "home away from home" feeling fresh and tidy.

__ Morning Refresher ___ Evening Turndurn

I don't believe it is even being testing fully even on the test ships. I was on the Pride last month - no card, no questions, 2x service. I'm assuming maybe it's being tested in certain areas or by certain stewards.

That's when I appear at GS and remove the tips for the room steward.

i wish we thought to do that,though im not sure if i would have..as i said i didn't know what to expect a.. the lack of them cleaning rooms was the least of our worries.. due to their words" about 1/2 the crew getting sent to the epic, they had to bring in new trainees" and think i actually had one of the better room stewards..(unlike the one up the hall around the corner that was actually swearing at guests)

my family(over 30 people) were on the cruise.. and my parents are experienced cruisers.. and they didn't even get a room steward for a few days! then the guy took their obviously dirty towels that were crunched under the sink and hung them up!. so they had to drench the towels in the shower so they would bring clean ones.

again so excited as everything i see and hear seems that this will be a whole new experience.

I still have it and this is a direct quote from the form. (I did not fill it out and received both)

DAILY STATEROOM SERVICE

_X_ Morning Refresher _X_ Evening Turndurn

The correct way to fill out this form :D

Good to point out. I generally hit the lido deck and swap out there before going back to the room.

We're typically on the lowest deck, and I'm lugging a bag with five wet towels, so I want to drop them off as soon as possible and do not want to take them up to lido. I've never noticed an exchange as we re-enter the ship, but maybe I'm just too tired and distracted. Or maybe it's because we usually come back early?

how many people at home service their room and bathroom 2 times a day

Do we need to keep argue this point? At home, I don't have one tiny room and a tinier bathroom to share with four other people, who shower and swim every day, with beds that fold down from the ceiling and no dishwasher or ice maker. Not to mention -- it is nice to be slightly pampered while on an expensive vacation.

We're typically on the lowest deck, and I'm lugging a bag with five wet towels, so I want to drop them off as soon as possible and do not want to take them up to lido. I've never noticed an exchange as we re-enter the ship, but maybe I'm just too tired and distracted. Or maybe it's because we usually come back early?

I'm always on the lower decks too. Now that you know, keep an eye out. It's easy to miss with all the commotion but it's there as soon as you get through the metal detector on your way to the stairs/elevators. There will be a crew member next to 2 big blue bins.

No biggie. We are usually aft and higher floors, so easier for us.. Just pointing out the options. :-)

It is very easy to miss. Between the Carnival employees pushing you through the cattle shute that is security, contstantly shouting directions, etc.

Edited by Steve Dore

This post is funny.....WHO CARES if your room is "cleaned up" every morning and evening. Your on a cruise....you should not be in your room anyway! Go have fun......and if you feel the need to shower several times a day just ask the room steward for an extra towel....better yet....hang it up and reuse it:eek:

This post is funny.....WHO CARES if your room is "cleaned up" every morning and evening. Your on a cruise....you should not be in your room anyway! Go have fun......and if you feel the need to shower several times a day just ask the room steward for an extra towel....better yet....hang it up and reuse it:eek:

You're a genius! Wonder why no one in this thread has thought of that yet?

We were on a 9 day on the Sunshine last week. Met our steward on embarkation afternoon , he never said a word about once or twice a day choices , and we had morning and evening service the entire cruise.

I'll 2nd this.

Was on the April 29th Journeys cruise and we had both morning and evening service - didn't even meet the Steward until like the 3rd day though (not from his lack of trying).

He even adjusted to our schedule from the get go (we are not morning people).

Great service as always!

Andy

Read previous posts. The towels don't dry in the bathroom. Please explain to me how or why I would use a wet, musty towel to dry off with after a shower. I shouldn't have to hunt the room steward to give him my wet dirty towels to exchange them for fresh ones.

Edited by firemanbobswife

Read previous posts. The towels don't dry in the bathroom. Please explain to me how or why I would use a wet, musty towel to dry off with after a shower. I shouldn't have to hunt the room steward to give him my wet dirty towels to exchange them for fresh ones.

I was being sarcastic. Unless you meant to quote the person I was responding to.

Just so you know when you get back on the ship after an excursion, right after the security line there is someone there with 2 big blue bins. One is for dirty blue towels and the other is full of clean ones. You can exchange them right then and there. No need to drag a damp, sandy towel back to your stateroom. I take advantage of that every time.

Oh my gosh, I had no clue what that was for. I feel like an idiot. 11 cruises later, I keep learning. HAHA.....thank you.

I just got off the Inspiration this morning. Not only was the service cheerfully performed twice a day, there was no questionnaire asking if I preferred once or twice that has been mentioned on cruise critic. Nor were we asked. It was the same great service I have always received from Carnival.

I don't need my room cleaned twice a day but ya'll do make a fair point about the towels. I've asked for extra towels in the past and was given them without issue so that might be an option for some people. I love taking a shower in the spa, they are free for everyone, and they have lots of towels in the locker room.