What happens when you get upgraded?

Pamela1

If we were to be upgraded from a Concierge to a PH on a GTY basis would we get the benefits of the PH suite including flight upgrades?

I'm not sure but I don't think so. And this I believe includes "upsells", i.e., being sold that PH at a discount. I've never been in that situation, although we could be next year, but I believe that's how it works.

I'm not sure but I don't think so. And this I believe includes "upsells", i.e., being sold that PH at a discount. I've never been in that situation, although we could be next year, but I believe that's how it works.

Thanks Wendy,we haven't had it either but just waiting to hear what cabin we will be in in our GTY suite in a few weeks time. I think i'm just indulging myself in the thought we could get an upgrade in everything! Ha.

I can confirm what Wendy said. Have had two upsells one to a Penthouse and the other to a Navigator Suite and when I asked about the included Business Class air was told no even with paying extra as the suite was discounted so also sure if you get a free upgrade to Penthouse, you won't get the benefits and even if you did, would be too late to get the Business Class flights.

Hope you get the Penthouse but, have never heard of that for a Guarantee and for some of the Penthouses, the suites are about the same size to the only benefit would be the Butler and you do get all of the onboard benefits for a upgrade or upsell.

If we were to be upgraded from a Concierge to a PH on a GTY basis would we get the benefits of the PH suite including flight upgrades?

No on the air.

You don't say which ship. If it is on the NAV, be aware that there is little benefit as far as cabins size, PH are just regular balcony suites with upgraded amenities and a butler.

j

Pam,

You will not get flight upgrades, without extra payment, even if you get a suite upgrade; not that you get much extra comfort with short-haul business class flights in Europe anyway

If you do get a suite upgrade to PH you should get the other PH benefits i.e. Butler etc

Note that with a GTY you are unlikely to have a suite allocated until very near the cruise date.........................in fact you may not get a suite number until you check-in on board the ship

No on the air.

You don't say which ship. If it is on the NAV, be aware that there is little benefit as far as cabins size, PH are just regular balcony suites with upgraded amenities and a butler.

j

You are so right! Another consideration is where the suite is located. You can be offered to great price for an upgraded suite that is under the pool (Navigator suites) below CR or some other iffy location.

You are so right! Another consideration is where the suite is located. You can be offered to great price for an upgraded suite that is under the pool (Navigator suites) below CR or some other iffy location.

There are no cabins below compass rose. Jean.

What I want to know is the current state of play for upsells and upgrades. (Sorry if I'm repeating myself, I may have asked this elsewhere.)

Our cruise in January, Miami - Lima shows availability in all categories. It's the first leg of the SA circumnavigation cruise, so presumablly suite allocation will be late to accommodate full circumnavigation bookings.

So I'm starting to speculate about what sort of cabin we might end up with with our GTY, and whether we'll be offered an upsell. I know it will be months and months before any of this happens, just wondering. I'm kind of hoping that our Gold status will count for something in the upsell/ugrade sweepstakes--does it matter?

Thanks for the reply's, yes it's the Navigator and thankfully we won't be under CR...:D

As my original post states it was a PH suite we were (in a hypothetical scenario) wondering about.

Pam.

Generally, on itineraries that are not full, they offer upsells to those in PH suites to an upper suite to free up their suite. Then upsell offers go to the "E", "D", etc. suites to fill the now available PH suites. This generates $$$ for Regent. Then, whatever is left is given to Guarantees. Your experience may vary.

Generally, on itineraries that are not full, they offer upsells to those in PH suites to an upper suite to free up their suite. Then upsell offers go to the "E", "D", etc. suites to fill the now available PH suites. This generates $$$ for Regent. Then, whatever is left is given to Guarantees. Your experience may vary.

Thanks Jackie. I'm still hoping for an upsell to a PH, but I'll be content with whatever we get.

Thanks Jackie. I'm still hoping for an upsell to a PH, but I'll be content with whatever we get.

It would be great if you got a PH - the Mariner has the largest and most comfortable ones. I'm not sure if I mentioned that Regent will likely make offers to people on the cruise before and after yours to fill up some suites. In the past couple of years the number of offers we have received has increased. Be sure to let your TA know that you are interested in an upsell.

IMO, "upsells" are much more likely to happen than getting a PH when you have booked a "guarantee".

Good luck!

Agree with Jackie. Regent has been doing mostly upsells but every sailing I do hear of someone who received a complimentary upgrade to a nice suite either through their TA or luck of the draw.

Maybe you will be lucky

We have never been offered an upsell or an extended cruise, even on the occasions that we have told our TA and Regent that we would be interested

I wonder if these offers are ever made in the UK?

I meant La Veranda! We would also avoid suites under Galileo's.

I didn't realise there were any suites under Galileo's; I thought La Veranda was beneath Galileo's

Agree with Jackie. Regent has been doing mostly upsells but every sailing I do hear of someone who received a complimentary upgrade to a nice suite either through their TA or luck of the draw.

Maybe you will be lucky

Well I'll live in hope. Its way early to think about it, of course. Funny to be booking excursions when the cruise is almost 7 months out!

Yes, this is generally the way it works as it was explained to me.

Regent must have a down on us. We've never been offered an upgrade even though we're gold members nor on airlines. Living in hope especially as we have two forthcoming cruises with Regent - one on the Explorer assuming it is able to float after being weighed down by so much hype.

Edited by eliana

It would be great if you got a PH - the Mariner has the largest and most comfortable ones. I'm not sure if I mentioned that Regent will likely make offers to people on the cruise before and after yours to fill up some suites. In the past couple of years the number of offers we have received has increased. Be sure to let your TA know that you are interested in an upsell.

IMO, "upsells" are much more likely to happen than getting a PH when you have booked a "guarantee".

Good luck!

I'm on the Mariner now, Alaska to Vancouver. My traveling partners book the Concierge Level, the wife and I booked a Penthouse at substantial additional cost. Two days prior to sailing, Regent offered our friends a PH upgrade for $300. They have full privileges minus the air which we both opted out and booked our own flights. The upgrade is great if you can get it.

I'm on the Mariner now, Alaska to Vancouver. My traveling partners book the Concierge Level, the wife and I booked a Penthouse at substantial additional cost. Two days prior to sailing, Regent offered our friends a PH upgrade for $300. They have full privileges minus the air which we both opted out and booked our own flights. The upgrade is great if you can get it.

Good for your friends! My comment was about someone that booked a "guarantee" in a lower category being given a PH suite. Being offered an upsell from concierge to PH is a bit different. Hope you are all enjoying the PH suite on the Mariner.

Good for you Pamela. We might be on the same Navigator cruise as you so maybe they'll upgrade us from a de luxe balcony to your previous concierge suite. Although as suite sizes are the same on the Navigator up to PH the position becomes more important than the grade apart from the amenities that are of less interest to us as we are Gold and get a lot of them as benefite

Edited by eliana

Pam,

Hope you have good weather and calm seas on your cruise on Navigator

I am sure you and your husband will love being pampered in your PHA suite

Well done to you, your TA and Regent UK for securing a complementary upgrade

flossie