Seems no Meet and Mingle for me

I tried to register for the Meet and Mingle and when I put in my info, I got a message 'Only purchased reservations can register for Meet & Mingle party.' So last week I sent an email to RCI and so far...no response. I figured I'd call RCI and inquire, well the representative never even heard of a Meet and Mingle:rolleyes: I talked her through the steps of getting to the right web page and she inputted my info only to get the same message I got. So she tells me,gee I don't know what to tell you but thanks for teaching me about the Meet and Mingle. I didnt get mad:mad:, all I said was I'll wait for a reply from my email. Has anyone else had a problem registering?

I didn't have any trouble registering with RCI but Celebrity took 3 weeks and many attempts. Got the same message too. I think it must be the CC to cruise line connection that isn't working, since it has happened with 2 lines now.

Keep trying and you will eventually get in!

Good luck

ML

Never had a problem. Maybe your booking is pending?

That's what I thought but my cruise is listed on their site and she said it is a valid booking

I didn't have any trouble registering with RCI but Celebrity took 3 weeks and many attempts. Got the same message too. I think it must be the CC to cruise line connection that isn't working, since it has happened with 2 lines now.

Good luck

ML

I will keep trying for sure :)

When you log into the cruise planner does the reservation come up as purchased? My last reservation took about 4 days to go from pending to purchased for some reason, even though it showed the deposit when I went into the details.

I haven't had any issues but that's irrelevant since my upcoming sailing is nowhere close to the 25 people minimum :(

Yeah my roll call is very small...and quiet , maybe if it stays under 25, I am trying to register in vain :D

Is your cruise a 7 or more days? They don't have a M&M for 6 or fewer days. It said the same thing when I tried to register for a 6 day cruise.

Edited by nat9511

When you log into the cruise planner does the reservation come up as purchased? My last reservation took about 4 days to go from pending to purchased for some reason, even though it showed the deposit when I went into the details.

yes it does show.

Did you book with a travel agent? If they have a group booking, they spread the deposits so they are able to hole a bunch of cabins... I am usually not able to register until after full deposits are made to my cruise (this is after the agency has released some of the held cabins and apply the full deposit to your individual booking).

Don't loose any sleep over it.

They are nothing worth writing home about. You do get the odd good one where the group clicks but your cruise won't be spoilt by not having one or attending one.

I hear ya, I am hoping for that good one, I have had a few good ones, met some good people

Did you book with a travel agent? If they have a group booking, they spread the deposits so they are able to hole a bunch of cabins... I am usually not able to register until after full deposits are made to my cruise (this is after the agency has released some of the held cabins and apply the full deposit to your individual booking).

I did book with a TA and I did think that was the issue but someone on my roll call said she did too and had no problem

Is your cruise a 7 or more days? They don't have a M&M for 6 or fewer days. It said the same thing when I tried to register for a 6 day cruise.

It's a 9 day ......and I can't wait:)

Good luck

ML

There is no CC to cruise line connection. The mm registration page is a Royal/Celebrity web page. Most likely this just means Royal has the same issue Celebrity was having. They probably share code.

I tried to register for the Meet and Mingle and when I put in my info, I got a message 'Only purchased reservations can register for Meet & Mingle party.' So last week I sent an email to RCI and so far...no response. I figured I'd call RCI and inquire, well the representative never even heard of a Meet and Mingle:rolleyes: I talked her through the steps of getting to the right web page and she inputted my info only to get the same message I got. So she tells me,gee I don't know what to tell you but thanks for teaching me about the Meet and Mingle. I didnt get mad:mad:, all I said was I'll wait for a reply from my email. Has anyone else had a problem registering?

I've never had a problem before, but my next cruise on Anthem in April, I am unable to register. I got the error message also. I wrote to the "Meet and Mingle " help desk (for lack of a better term) and cited my problem and was sent back an email asking " what was your problem". I took a screenshot and sent it back. Now mind you, I have over three hundred days until sailing, but this is hurting the "brand ". If you figure out a solution, I'm all ears. So, in short, you are not alone. Sorry.

There is no CC to cruise line connection. The mm registration page is a Royal/Celebrity web page. Most likely this just means Royal has the same issue Celebrity was having. They probably share code.

Well the connection is the link at the CC roll call page that transfers you to RCI's MM page.

I've never had a problem before, but my next cruise on Anthem in April, I am unable to register. I got the error message also. I wrote to the "Meet and Mingle " help desk (for lack of a better term) and cited my problem and was sent back an email asking " what was your problem". I took a screenshot and sent it back. Now mind you, I have over three hundred days until sailing, but this is hurting the "brand ". If you figure out a solution, I'm all ears. So, in short, you are not alone. Sorry.

I too never had a problem before and I will let you know how to remedy it as soon as I know.

I'm sure you'll get it sorted out before then... But if you don't, just find out where and when the M&M is taking place (either from your fellow cruisers or from Guest Services), show up and tell the staff you didn't get your invitation! It won't be an issue and they'll let you in! :)

Did you try this email address: xplora@rccl.com? That's the one for the Meet & Mingle people.

I sent out the email, maybe I will hear something, thanks for the email address:)

I have always found when we book through a large online TA as a group booking I cannot register until our final payment is paid.

Sherri:)

It was through a large online TA...maybe that is the problem, although I have gone through them before and never had a problem