Rainy Sailaway,what to do?

az-cruiser

Which ship will you be on. We can get more specific if we know that.

But in general, if you have a balcony you can stand under the cover of it while you sail away or grab a drink at one of the indoor bars. Go eat at one of the specialty restaurants.

It looks like we are going to have a rainy sail away, what are the best things to do out of the rain?

Thank you!

As with anything else, the BEST thing is simply to do the thing that YOU like the most.

Do what makes YOU happy, don't chase the happiness if others.

Wear a rain jacket with a hood and do what you normally would! Or, spend time out on the promenade deck, which is covered. I'm sure the BBQ/party will be moved to accommodate the rain, if it's really that bad.

We're on the Escape this Saturday.:)

I didn't even think to check the weather forecast. But if it rains at sailaway time, I'm heading to the Waterfront area.

We have 6p reservations for Cagneys and it would be romantic to dine outside or inside with an aft view.:o

We're on the Escape this Saturday.:)

I didn't even think to check the weather forecast. But if it rains at sailaway time, I'm heading to the Waterfront area.

We have 6p reservations for Cagneys and it would be romantic to dine outside or inside with an aft view.:o

You will be at dinner at sailaway. Ship sails at 7 pm. At least you will be on the port side toward Miami. The weather predicts scattered storms in evening,,,, hopefully you will be long gone before they hit. We were on the Escape last week, and a few days were very windy and the closed the outside restaurant seating. I posted the current dailies if you are interested http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2358689

If it is really rainy, the waterfront gets pretty wet. If rain is anticipated, we plan early and get a window table in the buffet and enjoy the sailaway there. We would rather be able to see outside, than be at some sailaway party inside.

Edited by BirdTravels

Be thankful that you are on a cruise and just be happy doing anything you want. Since I live in Arizona and we don't get much rain, I'd be standing out in the rain watching the sailaway and smiling.

I'm from Oregon and I think I'd be crying.:mad:

Be thankful that you are on a cruise and just be happy doing anything you want. Since I live in Arizona and we don't get much rain, I'd be standing out in the rain watching the sailaway and smiling.

I'm from AZ too, and rain on a cruise gets old fast. It rained on my Nov Escape sail away. It was fun for about five minutes until we were soaked. They moved the party to the Atruim, it was dissapointing but we made the most of it.