What's The Worst Thing You Forgot To Bring?

NewAddict

Underwear.

Thankfully this was before I started limiting how much we packed, so hubby had extras. Oddly enough, I found hubby's fit me just fine and were quite comfy!

I also forgot to pack t-shirts on our cruise to Hawaii. Made due with hubby's clothes again, but now I make sure to pack a flannel shirt/ sweater. It can get chilly on the ship!

Jennifer

My electric shaver. I did not shave before we left. Needless to say I was pretty rough after a few days. Bought a razor/cream in Cozumel. I can't speak/read Spanish so I pointed at what I needed. I bled like a stuck pig. :eek:

Charger for our camera. This is before we both had smart phones. Luckily I realized it at the hotel in Miami and was able buy a universal battery charger.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My first cruise when I was in 7th grade was rough because my girlfriend (who was my twin sister's bff) forgot her birth control pills. When we got to Mexico we tried to buy some at the pharmacy and my Great-Grandma overheard. It was pretty awkward getting anti-sex talks from a 90 year old in public places for the next 5 days:(:(:(

I thought it was a parent asking about it for their child, I would certainly hope a parent isn't condoning alcohol use by a 20 year old. There is soooo much misinformation about alcohol out there. The legal drinking age from a public health perspective should be raised to 23 or 25 because it is well known alcohol use for those below those ages is terrible for brain function. Yet Carnival told my life partner that she couldn't drink while pregnant and the health negative effects are extremely negligible for mother and child.

drinking at 23 = bad

sex at 12 = ok

maybe grandma was right to scold you

My wife's bras!!! She packed before me and I didn't want to squash them with my clothes so I took them out of the suitcase and put them on top of my dresser. Packed my stuff in the suitcase, which was on the bed so my back was to the dresser while I packed), zipped up the suitcase and put it by the garage door to put in the car.

She wasn't amused when she had no bras in the suitcase. So every night I hand washed her only bra and hung it to dry.

That was the last time we shared a suitcase!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

My wife's bras!!! She packed before me and I didn't want to squash them with my clothes so I took them out of the suitcase and put them on top of my dresser. Packed my stuff in the suitcase, which was on the bed so my back was to the dresser while I packed), zipped up the suitcase and put it by the garage door to put in the car.

She wasn't amused when she had no bras in the suitcase. So every night I hand washed her only bra and hung it to dry.

That was the last time we shared a suitcase!

BWUWWHAHHHAAA!!!!!

I know it probably wasn't funny to her though.. My wife never allows me to pack my stuff with hers.

Pants!

July cruise, I packed several pairs of shorts, and had one pair of khakis pressed and ready for formal night (as well as a dark blue jacket). Of course, the pants were still hanging neatly on a hanger in the closet when I returned. I did pack the jacket though.

I seriously entertained going "Bermuda style" on formal night (jacket and dark blue shorts). Fortunately some friends traveling with us had an extra pair of pants--in my size!

Otherwise the MDR crowd might have been treated to something like this:

853dc125512c65f524b440892e57a7be.jpg

I love packing posts!!

I start my packing lists months ahead and I check the darn thing twice. I even list where everything will get packed (ie. In Carryon or in Luggage etc.) Last trip I packed a carry on with just the stuff my DD and I would need at the pre-cruise hotel, so we didn't have to even open the main luggage until we were in our cabin. Having said all that...

I forgot all of our paperwork (neatly in it's own plastic file folder) at security screening. Didn't even notice until we got the desk and the agent asked for it. Had to walk all the way back and go get it from Security who had already taken it to the Lost and Found!

It wasn't me lol, but someone I know forgot to bring her birth control pills, they had a baby girl 9 months later lol.

LOL sounds like my brother and his wife, they went to cabin for a "nap" we never saw them again that day...Nine months later I got the best niece in the world!! She graduated middle school today, excuse me while I shed a tear or two.

Edited by uncleg

Anybody ever forget their cash?

My husband left his Carnival gift cards that I painstakingly collected from Verizon before our last cruise. I did give him some of mine, though rather begrudgingly. I tend to spend more than him on the ship and had been happy with the amount I set aside for myself. Lesson learned, though. He'll have them on his packing list next time!

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

My husband left his Carnival gift cards that I painstakingly collected from Verizon before our last cruise. I did give him some of mine, though rather begrudgingly. I tend to spend more than him on the ship and had been happy with the amount I set aside for myself. Lesson learned, though. He'll have them on his packing list next time!

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

You truly love him to have shared your gift cards with him [emoji12]

About three weeks ago I bought a GoPro to use underwater while snorkeling. Bought the flotation device in case it came out of my hand. Bought the strap that you can use to attach it to your head or wear on a backwards baseball cap. I was all set.

I thought I charged it fully the night before we left, but apparently when I used it to test it, I did not have a full charge and used more of the battery than I thought.

So, first day on board, I get out the little trusty camera only to find there was not enough battery to take even one picture. No problem, I'll just charge that sucker up.

It's hard to do when you leave the charger at home. And did you know that they do not sell those on board or in any port?

GRRR

I didn't forget to pack anything prior to my cruise, but on my Magic sailing out of Galveston I forgot to leave out a pair of pants for the trip home. We usually self debark and somehow I neglected to add pants to my "keep" pile. I realized my error around 1 am after my luggage was gone. I fully intended to grab a pair from my luggage after docking, but due to a mini-hurricane we docked late, and we barely made our flight. We then had limited time to make our connection in Atlanta. Essentially I traveled from Galveston to Baltimore in a pair of boxer shorts. So proud.

We traveled from Atlanta to Savannah to spend the night and pick up my in-laws to travel to Port Everglades. All the bags were packed in our van and we stopped at Port St. Lucie the night before the cruise, leaving us about 2 hours to the port. My plan was to check-out by 10:30am, giving us plenty of time to get to the port and check in.

When we come out of the hotel on sail morning, we attach our Carnival luggage tags to all our bags. MIL says to FIL where is my suitcase? He looks and says he doesn't know, he brought everything that was stacked together to the van. She reminds him that she had packed a suitcase here in metro Atlanta that remained in their car in Savannah, meaning to transfer it from the trunk of their car to our van. Didn't make it. Had her pajamas, elegant night (x2) clothes, dress shoes, underwear, and some short/top outfits.

Now, this is a woman who can NEVER find anything when she is shopping that fits her or that she likes. She is both plus size and petite, so shopping is normally a horrible chore. Fortunately, there was a Bealls at our exit - we went and did a whirlwind shopping trip, able to get everything that she needed, and ended up at Port Everglades around 2:00pm.

I didn't forget to pack anything prior to my cruise, but on my Magic sailing out of Galveston I forgot to leave out a pair of pants for the trip home. We usually self debark and somehow I neglected to add pants to my "keep" pile. I realized my error around 1 am after my luggage was gone. I fully intended to grab a pair from my luggage after docking, but due to a mini-hurricane we docked late, and we barely made our flight. We then had limited time to make our connection in Atlanta. Essentially I traveled from Galveston to Baltimore in a pair of boxer shorts. So proud.

Hopefully not in the winter.