Curious about Explorer?

We opted for a Superior F2 for a cruise next year on the basis of room layout and square footage, which seems to fit our needs

From the room layouts it appears that the Superior (and Concierge) have both a tub and shower

It will be interesting to get feedback from cruisers this year on their experiences in the various suite grades

We opted for a Superior F2 for a cruise next year on the basis of room layout and square footage, which seems to fit our needs

From the room layouts it appears that the Superior (and Concierge) have both a tub and shower

It will be interesting to get feedback from cruisers this year on their experiences in the various suite grades

Flossie, we booked the same cat for the same reasons - seems like this one best fit our space requirements/budget ratio. And I love the idea of the bed facing the windows...they need to have electronic remote controlled drapes so we could open up with the push of a button...hey, a guy can dream, right? :D

Flossie, we booked the same cat for the same reasons - seems like this one best fit our space requirements/budget ratio. And I love the idea of the bed facing the windows...they need to have electronic remote controlled drapes so we could open up with the push of a button...hey, a guy can dream, right? :D

Who needs a remote? I've got a partner for that job.....................Oh and, while you are up, order the morning coffee would you? :D :D

PS As well as booking the same suite category, I think we booked the same cruise.............The Anniversary Cruise next April? We haven't checked-in on the roll call as yet, but will see you next year :)

It was announced months ago that pm tea would be served in the Observation Lounge. Well, it was in the UK, at least. I think it is actually stated in the latest brochure too because I've read it somewhere before. I'll check later.

Looking forward to getting aboard in Sept. Hope Explorer will be in the Baltic in summer 2018 and/or 2019 too, I note that is the plan for 2017.

Sorry about that -- got the same experience when I tried. Have asked Cruise Critic's Andrew Haze to sort it out and report on the thread....

Carolyn

Carolyn,

The link only shows the header for Cruise Critic - no pictures.

Peggy

PS As well as booking the same suite category, I think we booked the same cruise.............The Anniversary Cruise next April? We haven't checked-in on the roll call as yet, but will see you next year :)

Yep, that's the one - will be my wife, me, and my mother and her husband. It'll be their first cruise, so we're excited to be able to bring them along. We're already looking at shore excursions for them. :D

Ditto...we're booked in F2's for the same reason. I'm with you JimB hoping they have a night light in the bathroom.

Our TA sent us a couple of pen torches with the documents for our forthcoming cruise on the Navigator. It's new suites are meant to be the same as they will be on the Explorer, so maybe she knows something. In fact we never go away to a hotel or cruise without a torch and a sensor light LCD clock.

Our TA sent us a couple of pen torches with the documents for our forthcoming cruise on the Navigator. It's new suites are meant to be the same as they will be on the Explorer, so maybe she knows something. In fact we never go away to a hotel or cruise without a torch and a sensor light LCD clock.

You should be able to leave your LCD clock as home Regent has one next to the bed. Also, there are some great "mini" flashlights (aka "tourch's") that we bring onboard because the bathrooms on the current ships do not have outlets for nightlights. When we are onboard the Explorer, I plan on checking out the outlets. According to what I've read, there are more outlets on the Explorer. I may even pack a nightlight - just in case.

FYI, there are companies that make battery powered LED motion-sensing night lights that you can get for around $15 each; they're designed to stick on walls but I'm sure you could set one on the bathroom counter or somewhere in the cabin - they say they sense motion up to 15' away and shut off after 30 seconds. Only 20 lumens, so bright enough to light the way but not so bright as to bother anyone else in the cabin.

I may toss a few in my suitcase next month.

FYI, there are companies that make battery powered LED motion-sensing night lights that you can get for around $15 each; they're designed to stick on walls but I'm sure you could set one on the bathroom counter or somewhere in the cabin - they say they sense motion up to 15' away and shut off after 30 seconds. Only 20 lumens, so bright enough to light the way but not so bright as to bother anyone else in the cabin.

I may toss a few in my suitcase next month.

Another super idea from you! Just ordered this one http://www.amazon.com/LEDNut-Rechargeable-Anywhere-Wireless-Magnetic/dp/B01E97UX92?ie=UTF8&keywords=led%20motion%20sensing&qid=1465334816&ref_=sr_1_10&sr=8-10 . I like that it is rechargeable and that it is magnetic. They will stick to the wall of the ship so easily and it only weighs a bit over 2 ounces!

Thank you!

We have always taken a couple of small LED lights with us as well as

a 12 ft extention cord so you can plug your phone into it at night and charge it

as well as using it as an alarm clock. Maybe on the Explorer we will not need

either which would be great.

Heck we always take a night light when we go to hotels as most do not have

a night light in the bathroom or it is part of the hairdryer on the wall and does not work.

Edited by Jim B

Thanks for sharing all the beautiful photos...lots of progress being made.

Is there an infinity pool ?? (sure looked like it in one of the photos)

Yes, there's an infinity pool astern - I'm guessing it's part of the spa and only available to spa guests, but that's just a guess on my part based on it's location. I also read that there's a glass floor in the gym above the infinity pool. Should be interesting...

Yes, there's an infinity pool astern - I'm guessing it's part of the spa and only available to spa guests, but that's just a guess on my part based on it's location. I also read that there's a glass floor in the gym above the infinity pool. Should be interesting...

My guess is that it is available to everyone but is located in the spa area (similar to how the saunas are available to everyone). Thankfully Regent is not like Oceania where there is a charge for "some" passengers to enter a section of the spa where I think there is a sunning area, Jacuzzi and perhaps other things (although we could have visited, I was not interested but am interested in the infinity pool).

P.S. Congratulations on the upcoming marriage of your daughter:)

Opening the infinity pool to all comers would make it very crowded; far more demand than for the sauna. My guess is that the infinity pool is for those who purchase spa treatments only.

We'll see...

Opening the infinity pool to all comers would make it very crowded; far more demand than for the sauna. My guess is that the infinity pool is for those who purchase spa treatments only.

We'll see...

I posed the question to Randall Soy for when he is on the Regent board on Thursday. If you (or anyone else) has more questions, post them for Randall.