Vista Booking Conundrum

Cruznjuly

Sooo I've been eyeing a Vista cruise for Summer 2017, and with this "sale" CCL has going right now, the sailing I'm looking at is down $250 from the past 3 weeks of daily checking.

I'm going on the Miracle in July, and was planning on booking the Vista on the Miracle to get the OBC. Part of me is afraid the price will go back up after this "sale" and the OBC will be a moot point.

Any thoughts? I keep going back and forth with it... New ship, over a year until sailing, "sales" in the future.....

Why wait?

Because they can get $100 OBC if they wait and book while onboard in July. It's a gamble though. The $100 might not offset the price increase that could happen between then and now.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

any kind of price drop is a good thing so I would take it now. I never get a price drop. we always book the nicer aft suites that sell out so no deals for us and I hear about people getting $200 per person back! You never know if you will also see a rate drop after you book this good rate. crossing my fingers for ya!

I can tell you my Vista June sailing is out of Havana cabins, only had a couple family harbors a few days ago and spa cabins are almost gone too. I have no idea if you want specialty cabins but they go quick

Because they can get $100 OBC if they wait and book while onboard in July. It's a gamble though. The $100 might not offset the price increase that could happen between then and now.

OP said the current rate is down $250 from what they first saw. That alone would make that $100 OBC seem minimal.

I wish I could post some group pages for the OP to find group sailings offering OBC so they can book now plus get this perk right away..

OP said the current rate is down $250 from what they first saw. That alone would make that $100 OBC seem minimal.

I wish I could post some group pages for the OP to find group sailings offering OBC so they can book now plus get this perk right away..

I've tried to search to no avail. If you know a secret, feel free to Let me know. [emoji4]

Sooo I've been eyeing a Vista cruise for Summer 2017, and with this "sale" CCL has going right now, the sailing I'm looking at is down $250 from the past 3 weeks of daily checking.

I'm going on the Miracle in July, and was planning on booking the Vista on the Miracle to get the OBC. Part of me is afraid the price will go back up after this "sale" and the OBC will be a moot point.

Any thoughts? I keep going back and forth with it... New ship, over a year until sailing, "sales" in the future.....

The more she sails, the higher the price will rise. My Vista sailing has gone up twice (though minimally) in the past two weeks. I wouldn't wait. And yes there are alot of group bookings that offer obc for almost every Vista sailing next year. Just can't share any details with ya here. You would have to look elsewhere.

I have two cabins booked for the Vista in July of 2017 and even with this sale, our cabins (spa interior - is 200$ more than we paid and we have $50 OBC from the sale we booked under) and our Havana Cabana is 475$ more than when we booked.

I would book the Vista now, and then go ahead and book a "sleeper" cruise under the past guest rate while on board that you could change later on. Book as far out as they will let you. ;)

Of course, this is assuming that you want another cruise in the year to 18 months after the Vista. For us, that is typically the case!

Prices on the Vista are constantly going up. $$$

Prices on my Vista cruise has gone up over $1200 since I booked last Feb, I would book the Vista cruise with a PG rate now, then you can cancel on Miracle to rebook and get the OBC.

The current PG rate isn't a good deal- it's the Memorial Day sale. :(

The current PG rate isn't a good deal- it's the Memorial Day sale. :(

Ahh, that sucks. Usually the PG rate is only $20 more than the ES rates, of course the PG rate doesn't have the reduced deposits.

Ahh, that sucks. Usually the PG rate is only $20 more than the ES rates, of course the PG rate doesn't have the reduced deposits.

The past guest rate is the exact same price it's been for a few weeks now... $250 total more than the sale. Bummer.

Great idea though.