Door magnets?

Hey! We are former DCL cruisers who are changing over to RCI in order to try out Harmony this September and enjoy her one-time-only cruises of the Med. Also booked on Explorer for Alaska during summer of 2017.

Question: When on Disney, we would create a set of playful magnets for our door. It's sort of a game I play with my daughter. Would Oasis class RCI ships also support magnets? How about Voyager class ships?

I'm pretty sure that all the cabin doors are metal and support magnets. We've just started doing it, but only on Quantum class. The Harmony doors look to be exactly the same as Quantum and Anthem, so bring on the magnets!

Just don't bring anything you'd be sorry to lose. I understand nice ones can sometimes grow legs and walk off!

Happy Sailing!

We like to cruise with a group of people. It's become a tradition that we (my DH and myself) surprise everyone in the group with a magnet for each door. I can't wait for our group cruise in February. I will start working on the design soon.

Enjoy!

Hey! We are former DCL cruisers who are changing over to RCI in order to try out Harmony this September and enjoy her one-time-only cruises of the Med. Also booked on Explorer for Alaska during summer of 2017.

Question: When on Disney, we would create a set of playful magnets for our door. It's sort of a game I play with my daughter. Would Oasis class RCI ships also support magnets? How about Voyager class ships?

Most cabins have metal doors but some suites have material that magnets won't stick to.

Yes, you can put magnets on your door. Just beware, I put four on our door so my BFF's Mom could find the room quicker. They were all stolen from our door by day 5. There is one in every crowd. Sad but true.:(:(

We never lose any magnets. But we do put a sign on our door that states "All magnets have been treated with the Zika Virus."

I love this and will steal it for our cruise in July.

We are lucky enough to cruise with my parents who bought fun magnets to help my boys my "find" our door before the grown ups when returning to our cabin. I can still see the crocodile tears running down my son's face when someone stole his magnet off our door last summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We did not have any magnets on our cabin door.

When we returned to our cabin one evening, there were several.

Seems some folks find it amusing to move magnets from one cabin door to another. :rolleyes: ... :D

Edited by OCruisers

Magnets will work and can be stolen from your door.

I think all ships doors are metal.

Seems some folks find it amusing to move magnets from one cabin door to another. :rolleyes: ... :D

And there in lies one fact why I have never decorated a ship's cabin door, or even that at an hotel.

If you need to do it, do it. Maybe the cabin numbers are not big enough?

As for me, I'm too private to advertise anything on my door, and could not care less about those that do or what they put up.

No disrespect intended towards the OP either.:)

I had magical magnets, they all disappeared.

. :D Funny Above ^^^

------------

Also, like Lou, we have no problem with others decorating their cabin doors ... but we don't like to.

We don't put "bumper stickers" on our cars either. :)

LuLu

Will the magnets also stick to the walls of the cabins?

We leave on Liberty OTS in a few weeks and I can see the value of being able to attach things to the wall. I have a few large neodymium magnets (115 lbs of force, 1"x1") that would easily hold up some useful items.

They do that to ours quite often too. They are put in strange places on neighbor's

doors each night. Pretty funny. :p

Will the magnets also stick to the walls of the cabins?

We leave on Liberty OTS in a few weeks and I can see the value of being able to attach things to the wall. I have a few large neodymium magnets (115 lbs of force, 1"x1") that would easily hold up some useful items.

Yes they do. We decorate our cabin inside walls with many magnets that hold notes,

framed cat pictures ;), and memories of past ports.

A bit off topic, but where are you buying your magnets? I've been looking for what we used to call "refrigerator magnets" - decorative, perhaps commemorative souvenir type magnets. I've looked at Walmart, Publix (grocery store), Hallmark, Dollar store, Macy's, Amazon.com and can't find any like that. Some "real" functional type magnets, but that's it.

Thanks in advance!

A bit off topic, but where are you buying your magnets? I've been looking for what we used to call "refrigerator magnets" - decorative, perhaps commemorative souvenir type magnets. I've looked at Walmart, Publix (grocery store), Hallmark, Dollar store, Macy's, Amazon.com and can't find any like that. Some "real" functional type magnets, but that's it.

Thanks in advance!

We buy most of ours in the ports we visit. You will find them everywhere. I buy at least

one for every port we visit. I have a collection of magnet memories on a door in my

porch. Makes me smile every time I see them. :)

For notes, I like the really strong ones they sell in the ship's store. They have the kind

with the clip and work really well, plus add to memories of ship's enjoyed also. Those are

the ones we stick to the cabin walls that hold invitations, etc.