Anytime Dining om the Sunshine

Lml513

We are booked on the Sunshine with "Any time dining". I understand that we have to obtain a ticket and beeper on level 5. How long should we have to wait to obtain a table? We are willing to sit with others, or by ourselves - whichever would be faster.

We are booked on the Sunshine with "Any time dining". I understand that we have to obtain a ticket and beeper on level 5. How long should we have to wait to obtain a table? We are willing to sit with others, or by ourselves - whichever would be faster.

We had anytime dining on the Sunshine in March and only had to wait once for about 10 minutes. The other times we were given a ticket and went right to the dining room. We went before 6 each night so, if you go during peak hours, maybe 630-730, you may have a different experience.

Is there a wait to obtain the ticket?

We were on the Sunshine on the Journeys cruise last month. Yes, there can be a short wait/line as folks check in and are given a slip or pager. Wait times for us were practically non-existent. We prefer "a table for 2" couple times we were given a pager for that, barely ordered and got drinks from the Alchemy bar before pager went off. If not given a pager, basically went right down to DR and were seated. On second formal night we hooked up with another couple, waited under 10 minutes. We usually showed up around 7-7:30. Worked very well for us.

We have always had ATD

We have always went straight to the dining room on deck 3

Is going to deck 5 a new thing or a Sunshine thing?

Where on deck 5 do you go?

On every ship ATD is in the forward dining room

on deck 3, is it the same one on the Sunshine?

Edited by Bases5

We have always had ATD

We have always went straight to the dining room on deck 3

Is going to deck 5 a new thing or a Sunshine thing?

Where on deck 5 do you go?

On every ship ATD is in the forward dining room

on deck 3, is it the same one on the Sunshine?

It's kind of a new thing, but I don't recall when it went into effect. We were last on Sunshine in April 2014, and they sort of did this then. Checked in on deck 5 at the taste bar, then down to the DR on deck 3.

Last month was more or less the same, but they used the "future cruise desk" on deck 5 by Ocean Plaza...basically across from the Taste Bar, to "check in". If you were ok with sharing a table, you went down to the DR,if you wanted a "table for 2", you had a little wait, or maybe were issued a pager. DR was still deck 3 aft, lower level. Was really no big deal to us. Alchemy bar is right there, but we barely got drinks before being called down.

It's a Sunshine thing because of lack of space for waiting on deck 3. What's nice is that if you have to wait a few minutes you're at the Ocean Plaza with plenty of comfortable seating. Only one person in your party needs to get in the line to get your reservation - the rest can be seated. :)

We are just off the ecstasy where they were using a paging system for ATD. We waited just at an hour most nights for a table and had to wait in line for a pager too. The lines to get a pager wrapped around the atrium level beginning at 530 every night! Looks like management has some more planning to do!

We are just off the ecstasy where they were using a paging system for ATD. We waited just at an hour most nights for a table and had to wait in line for a pager too. The lines to get a pager wrapped around the atrium level beginning at 530 every night! Looks like management has some more planning to do!

That's odd! We are just off the Ecstasy as well (disembarked 6/5) and had YTD. We showed up between 5:30-5:45 to eat. Yes the line was backed up to the elevators on the opposite side of the atrium but as soon as they opened the doors, the line quickly dissolved and we were sat. Once they opened, we never had to wait more than 5 minutes to sit down.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just off the Sunshine and wanted to give an update since I had been following this thread. We had anytime dining and never waited - and we even requested the same wait staff each night. Wonderful service and delicious food! Enjoy!

I'm just off the Sunshine and wanted to give an update since I had been following this thread. We had anytime dining and never waited - and we even requested the same wait staff each night. Wonderful service and delicious food! Enjoy!

Thanks for the update

Do you still go to deck 5 to ck in?

• 2 weeks later...
If it has any relevance, our cruise is August 17.

I'm on the same cruise. With wacky ports of call times such as being in SJ 3-11PM. It's going to be hit or miss. So.e will have dinner on the island I presume. And again as for being in GT 1-7PM everyone who boards at 530 6....might end up at YTD the same time. Hence why I believe that most people on this voyage will NOT have scheduled dining. I can be completely wrong but I would not want to have an early seating set dining on 2 of the 3 ports where I would have to be on earlier than the time of disembarkation just to eat.

Edited by caddykid12

• 2 weeks later...

Not to highjack, but does anyone know if they allow persons with disabilities to go ahead and check in on deck 3? I could leave DH on deck 3, go to deck 5, check in, and go back; however, this kind of makes him feel bad when I have to do things like that.

Thanks for the help :)

Not to highjack, but does anyone know if they allow persons with disabilities to go ahead and check in on deck 3? I could leave DH on deck 3, go to deck 5, check in, and go back; however, this kind of makes him feel bad when I have to do things like that.

Thanks for the help :)

No reason not to take DH with you to 5 if they won't let you check-in on 3. The deck 5 check-in desk is back near the Ocean Plaza which is near the rear elevators. There are lots of tables and chairs to relax in while you wait. My DH has mobility issues and I know that look on his face when I have to do that stuff alone thus I'd take him with me if at all possible.

On our May cruise they had ATD in the back lower dining room and some fixed dining in the center dining room. I think I'd ask if there was to be ATD seating in the back dining room which is more convenient for someone disabled IMO because the doors are directly adjacent to the rear elevators.