Upsell Fairy

Hi guys,

Just wondering, does the famed upsell fairy (on Princess) visit those of us living Down Under?

I must say that the only free upgrade I have ever received (other than booking a GTY and getting a slightly better category) was on the Diamond Princess in December 2008. I booked a twin obstructed oceanview cabin for $499pp for 12 nights Syd to Auckland :D - and when I logged into my account about a month prior I had been upgraded to a midship balcony cabin. No idea how that magic happened!

Anyway, back to my question - does anyone have tales about getting a call from the upsell (or upgrade) fairy in recent times?

I haven't had an upsell call from Princess but I however have been upgraded when booking guarantee status cabin a few times i.e inside to obs oceanview, inside to oceanview, balcony to mini suite.

Edited by icat2000

One of our group on a recent Carnival cruise had a nice surprise.

An already heavily discounted deck 8 balcony cabin was upgraded to a Vista Suite with no extra charge. Apparently a family wanted connecting cabins and our friend was lucky enough to be the one Carnival moved.

I'm curious about that too. Inside cabins are completely sold out on our upcoming PNG cruise, and it's still a couple of weeks to final payment date. However there are still quite a lot of oceanview and balcony cabins available. Sounds like ideal conditions for upgrade and upsell fairies to start fluttering their wings, hopefully in my direction. ;)

Just prior to our Mar/Apr 13N Explorer of the Seas cruise I received an email from RC offering paid upgrade from IC to OV. I called & was offered the upsell for $370 for both of us, so around $14pp per day. I paid the $'s & we moved to OV on Deck 3 FWD. Happy days.

Hi i can confirm the upsell fairy does exist for Princess.

I got an email prior to our early Dec NZ Princess cruise last year. We had booked a mini suite and were offered an optional paid upgrade to a full suite. That said it was not easy to book. On the email it said ring this number asap due limited space. I called and they had never heard of it & were not sure what to do.... anyway short version is after multiple phone calls & it was all confirmed.

Mind you we would think hard before doing an aft suite again the side to side and up and down saw us all get sea sick for the very first time but hey still worth it :D . Such an amazing experience.

Just prior to our Mar/Apr 13N Explorer of the Seas cruise I received an email from RC offering paid upgrade from IC to OV. I called & was offered the upsell for $370 for both of us, so around $14pp per day. I paid the $'s & we moved to OV on Deck 3 FWD. Happy days.

Good score, glad someone is getting the calls.:D

Well I certainly do hope that Princess, on Aussie/NZ cruises with a large % of ANZ passengers, give an equivalent portion of upgrades to us ANZers :cool::D:rolleyes:.

Let us hope that is the case but I wouldn't count on it.

One of our group on a recent Carnival cruise had a nice surprise.

An already heavily discounted deck 8 balcony cabin was upgraded to a Vista Suite with no extra charge. Apparently a family wanted connecting cabins and our friend was lucky enough to be the one Carnival moved.

Exactly the same happened to my daughter, heavily reduced balcony guarantee cabin (allocated two deck 8 cabins next to each other), about 4 weeks out had a phone call with an offer for an upgrade to 2 vista suites for $25pp.

All up ended up paying less than a $1000pp with $400 OBC, 10 night cruise in January :)

Yes, I've had free upgrades, self initiated upgrades, and one upsell offer. :D

All RCI.

I received an e-mail, and had to phone within 24 hours to accept it.

Small amount to upgrade from JS to RFS.:D