Sabor or Izumi?

Sabor or Izumi  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Sabor or Izumi

• I have eaten at Sabor and Izumi and prefer Sabor!
    • I have eaten at Sabor and Izumi and prefer Izumi!
    • I have not eaten at either but am more interested in Sabor!
    • I have not eaten at either but am more interested in Izumi!
    • I have eaten at both and give them equal preference.
    • I have eaten at Sabor only and would return.
    • I have eaten at Izumi only and would return.
    • I have eaten at Sabor only and would Not return.
    • I have eaten at Izumi only and would Not return.

Izumi is good, but it's just a hibachi grill. For me, they're all kind of the same and there is certainly nothing special about this one.

Sabor was phenomenal. It was awesome to sit out and people watch on the boardwalk. The guacamole was great and the barbacoa tacos were to die for. Add in a great margarita and you're set.

Sabor, hands down.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've never tried Sabor as never been on a ship that has it, everything I've read about it sounds great and hope to try it one day.

Izumi had never really appealed to me but we went on Splendour last year as it was part of a dining package, and I was amazed how much I enjoyed it. It was also by far the best service we've ever had in any RCL speciality restaurant.

Julie

The Sabor on Navigator ($25 all inclusive) is much nicer than the a la carte versions in my opinion. Nonetheless, I like them all! :) I'd be very happy if a few more sprang up during renovations. I was hoping Adventure would get one during its dry dock, but it has not been mentioned.

-- Mike

Edited by DarthCruiser

Have not eaten at Izumi, they would not accept my Night 1 BOGO on Oasis.

Ate at Sabor on Oasis. Hot, Muggy night. Hated it, wished we had done another night at CK.

Laura had lunch at Sabor on Freedom, said it was so so.

Izumi's is ala carte so that is the reason you could not use your D+ BOGO. This applies to all ships with Izumi's.

??? We had a reservation for a flat fee at the hibachi table on Oasis. How is that ala carte?

I'm on Tapatalk so can't see a poll option.

I've eaten at both and loved them both. At Izumi I did the hibachi instead of the a la carte sushi.

Sabor is delicious and it is a great value. Good size portions for not very much money. Plus the food is really good and the service that we had was very friendly. Bonus on the excellent margaritas.

The Izumi hibachi was a lot of fun and the food and presentation were both excellent.

If I had to choose only one, I would choose Sabor for the value, and because you can do a similar hibachi experience on land pretty much anywhere.

If I had to choose only one, I would choose Sabor for the value, and because you can do a similar hibachi experience on land pretty much anywhere.

Exactly!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Izumi was our best meal on the Allure. Best service and entertaining chef. Wished we would have eaten there more than once.

Sabor was less than spectacular, in our opinion. Lousy service since there were too many people and not enough waiters. Took forever to place a drink order. We finally walked out when the waiter told us they were out of what we ordered and "had to restock so it would be awhile".

I prefer Sabor over Izumi but we are pretty spoiled with Sushi in SF

where Sabor is a step above normal Mexican food

But for both, it depends on what ship you are doing, as it will change the experience

Allure, we did both twice... Sabor is cantina style ala Carte big portions but missed the guacamole both times

Izumi has the Hibachi but wasnt as good as even the Epic hibachi:rolleyes: But our Sushi experience was better

Navigator, weve done Sabor twice and was a great dining experience and would do it again next year.

Izumi was just Sushi, good but not great

Radiance, when we did her, Izumi was good and Ritas sucked

I had both on the Navigator. Sabor is excellent. Loved the spicy fresh made guacamole.

Izumi is more hit and miss. The eel dynamite roll is pretty good, and the hot stone dishes look interesting. The miso soup and nabeyaki udon, however, just doesn't taste right.

I am on Tapatalk, so no poll option. We did Sabor for lunch on the Oasis and really enjoyed it. Hope to do it for lunch again on the Harmony. I want to do the Tapanyaki Grill at Izumi on the Harmony. I am not a fan of Sushi.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

On Oasis now. We did Izumi the hibachi on our first night. Food was excellent and the chef was hysterical. Had us in tears.

We did Sabor on Monday, right after the belly flop contest in the Aqua Theater, and we were not impressed. Service was horrible. And it was stifling hot, given its open air and it was 2:00 in the afternoon. Probably wouldn't go back. Food was meh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have eaten at both on our last cruise on Allure in May. They were both excellent. Sabor had a really nice atmosphere and the food was very fresh and tasty. We did the Izumi hibachi and that really is dependent upon the cook you have. We had Orlando who was FABULOUS. Very entertaining and the hibachi was as good as we have had in the past in land based hibachi's. Both very nice nights out.

We have eaten at both on our last cruise on Allure in May. They were both excellent. Sabor had a really nice atmosphere and the food was very fresh and tasty. We did the Izumi hibachi and that really is dependent upon the cook you have. We had Orlando who was FABULOUS. Very entertaining and the hibachi was as good as we have had in the past in land based hibachi's. Both very nice nights out.

I'm not sure if it's cook related, or the others at your table. They pretty much have the same shtick; I think it's how it's being accepted. I was solo at mine, with nobody sitting next to me on one side and kind of a stick in the mud couple on the other (boyfriend huffed when he saw the butter used and they left with no dessert). Other people at the table were pretty quiet too.

Anyways, I chose the first option - but that's because I love Mexican food/tacos. Not a huge fan of sushi - although I did enjoy my roll on Anthem and would have again. My hibachi experience soured me a bit for that option - did once, don't need to do again.

Edited by Alter Ego

Any more "votes" or opinions?

Really prefer Izumi, especially the sushi bar side - not a big fan of greasy hibachi, but love the show and watching our friends enjoying it. Have had one very good meal at Sabor, but last October on the Allure crossing to Fort Lauderdale, we went twice and they didn't have any ripe avocados, so we left twice - how do you eat Mexican without guacamole?