old half used coffee cards

sunsetme

I have several old coffee cards with remaining punches, some have the voyage written on it and some don't. Can they be used?

Sure can.

No free brewed coffee but you can use a punch for a cup of brewed coffee in addition to the specialty coffee drinks (and if on the Royal or Regal a tasty ice cream treat at Gelato's).

Edited by Astro Flyer

The ones without the voyage written in can be used as new cards--they are good for fresh brewed coffee without a punch. Depending on the crew member, they may or may not write in the current voyage.

The punches on all of them are good for a specialty coffee or a fresh brewed coffee. They may or may not punch an old card for a fresh brewed coffee (technically I think they are supposed to, but it doesn't always happen).

SO...to max out usage...I'd use on without a voyage written in if I were on a long cruise where I wanted to get all the fresh brew I desired. Just save the last punch on the card. And you won't be disappointed if someone writes in the current voyage. I'd use the ones with the voyage written in on shorter cruises where it wouldn't be a big deal if I got charged a punch for a brewed coffee.

The ones without the voyage written in can be used as new cards--they are good for fresh brewed coffee without a punch. Depending on the crew member' date=' they may or may not write in the current voyage.

The punches on all of them are good for a specialty coffee or a fresh brewed coffee. They may or may not punch an old card for a fresh brewed coffee (technically I think they are supposed to, but it doesn't always happen).

SO...to max out usage...I'd use on without a voyage written in if I were on a long cruise where I wanted to get all the fresh brew I desired. Just save the last punch on the card. And you won't be disappointed if someone writes in the current voyage. I'd use the ones with the voyage written in on shorter cruises where it wouldn't be a big deal if I got charged a punch for a brewed coffee.[/quote']

I really don't think you will be able to use the old cards for free fresh brew even if it has no cruise date on the back and not been used. Princess has now issued a brand new card so in our latest experience they punch all old cards for fresh brew.

I really don't think you will be able to use the old cards for free fresh brew even if it has no cruise date on the back and not been used. Princess has now issued a brand new card so in our latest experience they punch all old cards for fresh brew.

IMO, it depends on the ship and server. On our last cruise we were able to get free fresh brew coffee with and old card but on cruise before that it was a no!

I believe that was the main reason for issuing the new cards. I might as well use the old cards for the specialty coffees. (and we have plenty of those stashed away)

I believe that was the main reason for issuing the new cards. I might as well use the old cards for the specialty coffees. (and we have plenty of those stashed away)

We have been doing the same thing. But our stack of cards is still building up. :) One side note. We use to turn in part of the bar setup and we could get one coffee card just to have a new one for the fresh brew but on the last cruise on May 17th they told us they no longer were doing that. You had to turn in all for two coffee cards. Not a big deal with us.

We have an assortment of partially punched cards and I think I will bring them all on our next cruise. Might as well try to use them...I agree I think it depends on who you give them to at the coffee bar or also if you give them to your waiter in the dining room for after dinner coffees.

IMO, it depends on the ship and server. On our last cruise we were able to get free fresh brew coffee with and old card but on cruise before that it was a no!

This is the ultimate answer. Unfortunately, things are not consistent on all Princess ships.

I have an unused card and a partially used card. We will use the partial card for specialty coffee - I won't even try to get fresh brewed on it even though it doesn't list a voyage number anywhere. My wife will use that card as she's the one who drinks the foo foo coffee. I'll just use my other one as I like the fresh-brewed coffee. If the other card runs out of punches I'll get the other card punched for my wife's specialty stuff.

I don't have a problem following what I know to be the rules.