Hotel near FLL beach, restaurants, few shops

123linz123

Hi,

Does anyone have suggestions please?

I am looking for a hotel within Port/airport vicinity for 3 nights after cruise (Dec 2016).

I would like to be able to walk to beach, restaurants and a couple of stores (for soft drinks /snacks type of things) I'm not big on shopping.

Not opposed to taking a taxi somewhere, but don't want to have to book a taxi to do everything.

Thanks in advance for any info

Happy cruising every one.

L

There are hotels along the beach in different price ranges. Do you have a cost in mind?

There is the sun trolley too , which covers a lot of the city , available if you stay in the area of 17th st. However for 3 nights, I'd look at the beach hotels. Bahia Mar is probably the most moderate priced. And only a block from a water taxi stop.

Lots of info if you read thru these threads.;)

You need a map and to do some reading here. Beach doesn't really any stores nearby. No hotels within the port.

So reading would find dozens of threads on hotels in Ft Lauderdale. 17th St is a common recommendation. It has the stores you seek.

Edited by CruiserBruce

x.gifPlaced

#97 of 136 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale

On trip advisor.

Are you affiliated with this hotel?

Per board rules, we can only recommend businesses we have used. So, no, I doubt eandj is affiliated with the Bahia Mar. That comment was uncalled for.

We have stayed several times at both Embassy Suites and Hyatt Pier 66. Neither is near the beach, but they are near the port.

x.gifPlaced

#97 of 136 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale

On trip advisor.

Are you affiliated with this hotel?

I don't know what you are looking at. :confused:

Bahia Mar Doubletree is ranked 55. I said it was a moderate hotel. (3 1/2) In no way would I consider it a dive.:rolleyes:

Because of its location it is very popular and no I'm not "affiliated". Agree you need to look at a map and do research regarding areas of the city. Things like the sun trolley and water taxi stops would be helpful to know about when staying 3 nights.

Blue Herons' beach list is more upscale a bit further north. Nice properties.

Another one to look at is Doubletree Gallery One. On the waterway and a few blocks from beach.

Edited by eandj

Per board rules, we can only recommend businesses we have used. So, no, I doubt eandj is affiliated with the Bahia Mar. That comment was uncalled for.

We have stayed several times at both Embassy Suites and Hyatt Pier 66. Neither is near the beach, but they are near the port.

I don't consider this a comment, I was asking a question.

Your question was a little rude.

The Doubletree Bahia Mar is far from a dump.

It is mentioned because it is a reasonable alternative to the expensive A1A hotels that I mentioned.

We help out on this board to try and keep visitors from making bad choices.

We obviously are no help to you.

Thanks for the info, looked it up on trip advisor, no offense but it looks like a dive.

It's probably best, when asking for advice on this board, to define what type of place you're looking for...that way people can really help.

To some people, $100/nt is expensive and they just want a place to sleep. Other people don't blink at a $500/nt room. Do you want a resort? Luxury? Or something moderate along the lines of a Marriott? Or just a clean place to sleep?

Best advice is probably to find hotels on trip advisor that fit your budget, then come back and ask advice on a few of them.

Hi,

I am looking for a hotel within Port/airport vicinity for 3 nights after cruise (Dec 2016).

I would like to be able to walk to beach, restaurants and a couple of stores (for soft drinks /snacks type of things) I'm not big on shopping.

Not opposed to taking a taxi somewhere, but don't want to have to book a taxi to do everything.

L

The Pillars :)

Never fails to please, even has it's own designated water taxi stop.

Hi,

L

Marriott Beach place. The rooms are like suites with Kitchen etc. you just have to cross the road to the beach. Many restaurants available there. CVS is on site where you can get all your snacks etc.

I love it when someone comes here for advice, Cruise Critic members try to help and offer information, and the OP insults them. :rolleyes:

Roz

For some reason the Fort Lauderdale/Port Everglades/Miami forum is edgy. Less respect shown here than on other cruise port forums. Strange.

I don't find that at all. There is an experienced group of regulars here that include a VERY knowledgeable group of residents. Every now and then someone new to the board doesn't want to learn by listening to experience. Nor do a little research on their own.

You want edgy?....head to the cruise line threads on policy ( tipping,dress guidelines, smoking) discussions. Now those can be edgy AND a hoot to follow.:D

Edited by eandj

I didn't see the Atlantic listed as a recommendation / option for the beach area. It looked pretty nice on Trip Advisor. Any locals with first hand knowledge?

Looking for a beach front hotel for 2 days prior to a January cruise.

Edited by djandnic

I didn't see the Atlantic listed as a recommendation / option for the beach area. It looked pretty nice on Trip Advisor. Any locals with first hand knowledge?

Yes, the Atlantic is very nice. The only disadvantage is that it is not a very close walk to many restaurants, but it is still less than a mile from Beauty and the Feast (in the hotel), S3, 954 Steak, Casablanca Cafe, and Primante's.

Yes, the Atlantic is very nice. The only disadvantage is that it is not a very close walk to many restaurants, but it is still less than a mile from Beauty and the Feast (in the hotel), S3, 954 Steak, Casablanca Cafe, and Primante's.

Okay, thank you!

I agree it's a very nice property. We havent stayed, but visited friends there. But like royal said, it's further north and not as popular as those near Beach Place and south. If you like long walks or are willing to grab Uber to see the more popular areas, it would be a good choice. The area south is lively. You don't see as many one night precruise people because they want short walks for meals and stores for last minute pick ups.

Edited by eandj