Port change on 6/26 Getaway sailing

L1211

I was notified today that Costa Maya and Cozumel would switch days. I'm new to NCL. Pretty common? I'd booked private tours so working on changing dates. I'm guessing it just happens? NCL's notice said "port crowding?" Thinking roll with it...

Hmmm,,,

Cozumel was suppose to have Carnival Dream, Freedom Of The Seas, Norwegian Getaway on July 1st (very, very light for Cozumel).

Costa Maya was suppose to have Freedom Of The Seas, Norwegian Getaway

on June 30. Not loaded.

Doesn't seem like port loading.

This happened on my recent Getaway cruise also...we were notified on embarkation day... They said it was for crowding at the port also..I heard from other cruisers that NCL had notified the operators of the shore excursions..not sure if that was only for NCL booked excursions or all companies conducting excursions not through NCL...it was no problem for those I spoke to...

Sent from my HTC One using Forums mobile app

Unfortunately, that's one of the risks you take when you book with a private operator. Thankfully I've never experienced a port change (not including the drop of GSC on my upcoming cruise due to improvements). I hope you are successful in getting yours changed!

We did a private tour out of St. Maarten one year and Bernards Tours contacted us 3 days before the cruise line had updated the schedule change. The well reviewed private tour operators definitely stay on top of ship changes.

Hmmm,,,

Cozumel was suppose to have Carnival Dream, Freedom Of The Seas, Norwegian Getaway on July 1st (very, very light for Cozumel).

Costa Maya was suppose to have Freedom Of The Seas, Norwegian Getaway

on June 30. Not loaded.

Doesn't seem like port loading.

Costa Maya can only handle two ships on any given day.

Three ships at Costa Maya would be a mess. It will always be better to be the only ship there. Private tours understand that these things happen, Costa Maya is so lightly used that they will probably be happy for the extra day!

We are on the 7/17 Getaway sailing. I will call NCL to see if they intend to keep the port changes.

We do have an excursion booked for Cozumel.

Sorry to read NCL did not notify anyone until boarding!!

On the same trip and I was notified by my private excursion operator about the change...still haven't heard about it officially from NCL. But at least you have confirmed it the other way.

Edited by dunnma

You can call, but they won't know! If it changes, you simply have to deal with it!

Thank you for your kind understanding. Just deal with it!

I will tell that to the three teenage relatives sailing with us who have never cruised.

They were booked to swim with the dolphins in Cozumel and have planned this for months to get the best discounted rates in advance.

On the same trip and I was notified by my private excursion operator about the change...still haven't heard about it officially from NCL. But at least you have confirmed it the other way.

Did you book through a travel Agent? If so they received the notification and should notify you.

Thank you for your kind understanding. Just deal with it!

I will tell that to the three teenage relatives sailing with us who have never cruised.

They were booked to swim with the dolphins in Cozumel and have planned this for months to get the best discounted rates in advance.

Loucat, email your tour operator and it should not be an issue. We are on the 6/26 sailing that was changed..... My tour operator contacted me 3 weeks before to say that NCL has been making adjustments over the past few weeks and expected it to happen all summer depending on other ships schedules. Our benefit there is we are the only ship in Costa Maya and will have even more room on the beach. You are going to have a great vacation!

Did you book through a travel Agent? If so they received the notification and should notify you.

Yes but it is the weekend and my agent is not available. I sent her an email and she will follow up. She would probably receive a better response.

Loucat, email your tour operator and it should not be an issue. We are on the 6/26 sailing that was changed..... My tour operator contacted me 3 weeks before to say that NCL has been making adjustments over the past few weeks and expected it to happen all summer depending on other ships schedules. Our benefit there is we are the only ship in Costa Maya and will have even more room on the beach. You are going to have a great vacation!

Costa Maya is not the issue-we are OK there.

I am concerned about the 3 girls who booked Swim with the Dolphins in Cozumel. I want to be sure this is a reality before telling their mother to change reservations. Thanks for your replies!!

Yes...they should, and might, but it was Chase so I am not expecting anything in a timely manner.

I was actually trying to find out if the ship stays on Miami time or does it change with each time zone we enter? I have an excursion booked in Belize for 9:00am thru Island marketing but I am not sure if it is Belize 9:00am or ship 9:00am. If that makes any sense!

I was actually trying to find out if the ship stays on Miami time or does it change with each time zone we enter? I have an excursion booked in Belize for 9:00am thru Island marketing but I am not sure if it is Belize 9:00am or ship 9:00am. If that makes any sense!

The ship time will coincide with local time. There will be reminders of time change left in your cabin at night.the ship does NOT stay on Miami time.

Edited by Annmeat

Just got off the ship and we were the only ship in port at Costa Maya. We spent the day in Mahaual and I can see how the beaches could get crowded with more then one ship in port. As for the time change the ship will tell you when to change your clocks. If it gets confusing the phone in the room is always the right time. The boat does follow the time zones.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you for your post! I called pre-concierges to see if the 7/3 sailing on theGetaway was switched as well. But thankfully nothing as of now. I am in the same boat as you (no pun intended). We have all excursions booked with local tour companies months in advanced. They told me that I could receive an email up to 3 days before sailing for changes. Usually the only way they change day of sailing is weather or last minute changes by another line. Hope everything works out for you and you have a great cruise!!!:)

• 2 weeks later...
We are on the 7/17 Getaway sailing. I will call NCL to see if they intend to keep the port changes.

We do have an excursion booked for Cozumel.

Sorry to read NCL did not notify anyone until boarding!!

I'm thinking you will switch ports that week, seeing as how RCL Freedom will be in port in CM with Getaway on the same day. Seems to only be happening on days where Getaway is not the only ship in town.

http://ports.cruisett.com/schedule/Mexico/153-Costa_Maya/July_2016/

Edited by joeski27