Taxi to FLL cruise port

Squirty27

If we decide to use a taxi instead of taking the free shuttle from the hotel, how do we get phone numbers for a taxi service? There will be 7 of us. We will need 2.

Thank you.

Ask the concierge or front desk person to call you a van cab.

If we decide to use a taxi instead of taking the free shuttle from the hotel, how do we get phone numbers for a taxi service? There will be 7 of us. We will need 2.

Thank you.

Our experience has been that when we stay pre-cruise in Fort Lauderdale (Embassy Suites), there are cabs waiting outside the front door of our hotel in the morning.

Thank you.

Yellow Cab (954) 777-7777

Our experience has been that when we stay pre-cruise in Fort Lauderdale (Embassy Suites), there are cabs waiting outside the front door of our hotel in the morning.

Thanks we are staying at Spring Hill Suites.

Ignore the rude response!

Either call yourself or have concierge call ..... Usually plenty of cabs around or ads with phone numbers.

You may not need two cabs. Specify you have 7 people with luggage. There are mini van type cabs that you might be able to fit in, depending on luggage.

Ignore the rude response!

Either call yourself or have concierge call ..... Usually plenty of cabs around or ads with phone numbers.

You may not need two cabs. Specify you have 7 people with luggage. There are mini van type cabs that you might be able to fit in, depending on luggage.

Thanks. Last year our son. Brought 7 pieces of luggage ( two small children), but we were on the Breakaway and drove there. This year flying into FLL, so I am hopeful they will cut down on the luggage.

We have stayed at the Springhill Suites many times. When you are ready just go to the lobby and ask the front desk to call a cab for you and tell them how many people are in your party. You may be able to get a van. Make sure you go outside to wait because it usually doesn't take long for one to arrive and you don't want someone else taking your ride.

We have stayed at the Springhill Suites many times. When you are ready just go to the lobby and ask the front desk to call a cab for you and tell them how many people are in your party. You may be able to get a van. Make sure you go outside to wait because it usually doesn't take long for one to arrive and you don't want someone else taking your ride.

Thanks. What time do you ask them to pick you up?

My apologies to the OP. Sorry my response was taken as rude. I've never stayed at a hotel where taxis weren't readily available - or couldn't easily be found with a google search. Enjoy your stay and your cruise.

Thanks. Apology accepted. The only vacation we have ever taken where taxis have been readily available is when we go to Vegas and NYC.

Playa Mujeres, was an all inclusive, we didn't leave the property; Maui we rented a car; Oahu just walked to wherever. Breakaway twice, drove our own vehicle to the port. So not that versed in taxis.

Thanks we are staying at Spring Hill Suites.

The Springhill Suites in Dania beach also offers a shuttle service to the port for a per person fee (can't recall the price). You have to book it when you check in to reserve your spot. Not sure what would be the cheaper option for you, but it's worth inquiring. Enjoy your cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

You could also use Uber and arrange for a ride straight from your phone. First time users can perhaps even get their first ride free (they used to do this if you got the promo code), so if you haven't used it before, download it and give it a try. I like it and prefer it to taxis. The transaction is totally automated - you arrange for the ride, they pick you up, drop you off, and you exit the car without ever taking your wallet out of your pocket. That's what I plan to use to get to the port from our hotel in FLL next Sunday morning.