FTTF is this typical bags not in room?

may_bartram

In reading about FTTF on the Carnival webpage, there is no guarantee of what time your luggage arrives

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

From the carnival website:

Express Luggage

Your luggage will be expedited to your stateroom so you can unpack and don your cruise attire first!

Note: This is also a benefit for VIFP Diamond and Platinum guests.

Also based on experience from two prior cruises with FTTF

Nearly all of the cabins in our hall had their luggage within two hours of boarding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From the carnival website:

Express Luggage

Your luggage will be expedited to your stateroom so you can unpack and don your cruise attire first!

Note: This is also a benefit for VIFP Diamond and Platinum guests.

Also based on experience from two prior cruises with FTTF

Nearly all of the cabins in our hall had their luggage within two hours of boarding. QUOTE]

Maybe the tag fell off....maybe your bag didn't get a sticker by mistake....I don't know if they gave you a hard and fast reason why....I just stated there weren't any guaranteed times on FTTF, it's very general

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by First and Ten

Thanks for the responses. Poor DS is still waiting for one of his bags. The rest have trickled in slowly. The other two rooms in our party who did not purchase FTTF had their bags first

That has happened to us also. On three of the last five cruises, our stuff arrived after the muster drill and on one after dinner. Only on our most recent cruise did it arrive early (1:00). At the same time, I saw plenty of rooms around me w/o orange stickers with their stuff out in the hall.

I am a plat, so I never complain, but I would never purchase FTTF for this particular perk.

Thanks, the way people described it on here, I was under the impression the bags would be there. My bad.

Also no priority security check which was listed. Oh well, live and learn.

Well, they have your $$$ they didn't deliver, so I would be down at guest services in the dedicated line and ask for a refund. We're platinum, and we don't get everything they say we do. Go complain, you might get an OBC.

Just got on the Carnival pride with FTTF but bags aren't in room. Is this typical? Very disappointed. Kids swim stuff is in there .

$60 down the drain. You still have 7 days.

Edited by riclop

Live and learn....so next cruise, don't waste your money and don't get it

Nope, already have it for our next cruise. Not going to be like some folks and let one mistake define how the product works, that's just foolish. Besides, got a full refund so no harm, no foul.

$60 down the drain. You still have 7 days.

Not necessarily, they could still get a full refund, you never know until you try.

Nope, tag and sticker were still on my bag. To me expedited means before 95% of the other cabins in our hall. They didn't deliver on that, they recognized it, and they refunded my money.

They are suppose to be in your cabin. Two cruises, they were in our cabins when we boarded. On our last cruise, a couple of our bags were in our cabins when we boarded but the others were buried for hours on the trolley parked out by the elevators. When it was time for dinner, I went to get them, only to be yelled at by a worker.

I informed him we had FTTF....the bags should have been our room a LONG time ago but instead have been sitting here for hours. If he didn't want me to get them.....then he needed to get over here & help us because we needed to get ready for dinner.

He was suddenly apologetic....checked our sign & sail for both cabins to see we did indeed have FTTF and started pulling our bags off the trolley.

For our cruise last fall, we were told when we checked in that our bags would be waiting for us when we got onboard. After waiting almost 3 hours to board (there were multiple delays), they were not in our room and didn't get delivered until quite sometime later. Honestly, though, the perk is really only supposed to be priority luggage (I believe). They shouldn't make the promise that your luggage will be there when you board.

ETA: if you look at the description of the benefit, it just says that your luggage will be expedited. Not that it will be there when you board.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1374/~/faster-to-the-fun-(fttf)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by bakersdozen12

While I'm a big fan of FTTF, my bags rarely get to my room early. As others have stated, everything that you need before regular baggage arrives should be carried on. You can always dump it in your room since that is GURANTEED to be ready..

I have used FTTF for all my cruises. Never has the luggage been in the room on boarding nor have I been told it would be there. I was told it would be expedited. On all but one cruise it has been to my room within an hour of boarding.

My last 2 cruises, my bags were delivered before I got done with lunch and exploring the ship.

I'm using FTTF this week and really just for the priority boarding. I'm looking forward to jumping right into the hot tub when I get on board!

Fortunately DD wore hers on so all is good. It's frustrating to see other rooms bags delivered before ours. You start thinking, what the heck did we pay for?

A whole lot more than just having your bags delivered early.

I'm Platinum and always get the orange sticker put on. My bags are unpacked by 12 noon. Save the orange sticker for the next trip.

Oh come on! First off those stickers do NOT peel off that easy, and secondly, cheapskate. With that said, I assume you're joking.

Oh come on! First off those stickers do NOT peel off that easy, and secondly, cheapskate. With that said, I assume you're joking.

Steward stapled it on so it wasn't sticky. Why call me a cheapskate? I'll need another on the next cruise so why not just leave it there? What's the attitude??

Also no priority security check which was listed.

Most cruise terminals have a priority cue and once through it you are sent to the next available screening station with scanner. I'm assuming you went through a shorter line to get to that point. The security at ports are contract workers, not Carnival employees. We've seen the same ones work Royal Caribbean boarding. Not a complaint, but they are often inconsistent in wine bottle screening, lines management, etc.

Baggage is labeled with orange tape with FTTF and Priority on it when you drop it off. Appreciate a huge load of luggage arrives in the first hour or two, so often the luggage takes a little longer.

We've had a wide range of luggage arrival times, some were there before we finished lunch and some just before dinner. I've never needed FTTF, but I'll bet they don't guarantee an arrival time, just what is described as priority handling.

The best thing about the entire gig is walking off the ship in under 30 minutes after the lines are secured. We've been off the ship and home before 9 am (45 min drive) since we became platinum.

Hope your cruise is great!

Edited by BallFour4

I can not find anything that says your luggage will be in your cabin when you get there. Can someone point me to the link?

I cruised with my brothers who are first timers. I'm Platinum. Both of my brothers received their luggage before me.

Not worth my time to go complain about it.

I didn't know FTTF had priority baggage handling - I though it was just boarding & using the platinum line. Anyway, we always carry our baggage on with us because we like to get unpacked as soon as we get to the room and get everything organized. Then we can be out enjoying the ship without having to do it at dinner or bed time.

I'm considering this for a Long Beach 3 night cruise in DEC. It's easy to carry your own bags on, right? We have spinner luggage so no problem navigating it. Other discourage it so much so just curious why? One cabin is a suite and the other has FTTF so we can just take the luggage to the FTTF room and drop it if the suite isn't ready. Or at least that makes sense in my mind. thanks for any insight you have!

I'm considering this for a Long Beach 3 night cruise in DEC. It's easy to carry your own bags on, right? We have spinner luggage so no problem navigating it. Other discourage it so much so just curious why? One cabin is a suite and the other has FTTF so we can just take the luggage to the FTTF room and drop it if the suite isn't ready. Or at least that makes sense in my mind. thanks for any insight you have!

It has to fit through the scanner.

I have a pretty standard 25" case that has no problem in the scanner based on the sizes quoted on their website. thx

it might not fit ... per Carnivals website:

For those guests who wish to carry on their luggage, it must fit through the security screening machine; when laying flat, it should not exceed 16 inches high x 24 inches wide.

I have had FTTF a few times, last time our luggage didn't arrive until about 3:30 or 4PM - I didn't complain as I love other things about FTTF and there is no guarantee to when luggage will arrive. Would be nice if it were in your room when you boarded but I don't think that's very likely.

Cheers!

Jeff aka Recovery Dude

it might not fit ... per Carnivals website:

For those guests who wish to carry on their luggage, it must fit through the security screening machine; when laying flat, it should not exceed 16 inches high x 24 inches wide.

I have had FTTF a few times, last time our luggage didn't arrive until about 3:30 or 4PM - I didn't complain as I love other things about FTTF and there is no guarantee to when luggage will arrive. Would be nice if it were in your room when you boarded but I don't think that's very likely.

Cheers!

Jeff aka Recovery Dude

You are reading the measurements wrong. laying flat on the bed, for example, the case cannot be taller than 16" or wider than 24", the length doesn't matter. the 25" measurement that we typically buy luggage with, is the length, not the width. My case will fit just fine.