Grand Princess Beverage Package question

ocean731

So, I've seen a lot of posts about beverage packages, but haven't seen my answers anywhere. Can anyone give me a range of price for a bottle of red wine? I realize there would be very high end, and something at the bottom, but what would be a range? Also, a range for cocktail prices? And what size is the water bottle covered in the drink package? and cost of the water?

Just trying to see if the package is worth it, but I have nothing to compare it to. Thanks!:)

I can't answer about individual bottled water sizes/prices, but the bottled water that you can have delivered to your room at the start of the cruise is $6.90 for 12 500ml bottles. They probably use the same size for the beverage package individual sales, although I'm sure the price is higher if you buy them individually.

So, I've seen a lot of posts about beverage packages, but haven't seen my answers anywhere. Can anyone give me a range of price for a bottle of red wine? I realize there would be very high end, and something at the bottom, but what would be a range? Also, a range for cocktail prices? And what size is the water bottle covered in the drink package? and cost of the water?

Just trying to see if the package is worth it, but I have nothing to compare it to. Thanks!:)

Bottled wine starts at about $30 US to $160 US. Bottle is about 750 ML (a little less than a quart).

Almost all cocktails and straight spirits are under $10. Examples: almost all martinis are $8.25. The same is true for drinks like margaritas and other tropical drinks. Straight drinks like Baily's, Drambuie, Scotch, Rye, Bourbon, are all in the $6.00 range. Beers are from $3.95 to maybe $7.00. Wine by the glass, with a large selection at vines, most under $10. Sodas are about $2 fountain, $3 can. Espresso drinks are somewhere around $3/$4. The only drinks that are higher than $10 are some special high end single malts, some brandies, special wines by the glass like some special ports and some others. Of course as mentioned many many many times on these boards, the ship's tap water is as good and pure or better than bottled water. Just bring a water bottle and the water is free.

• Thanks 1

There is a spreadsheet that someone created in another forum here that is helpful cuz has prices and tells u to get it or not

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Here the Beverage package evaluator, the latest prices are from post 215 on... Very handy tool.

Could anyone tell me if non-alcoholic beer is included in the 'soda and more' package or the alcohol package?

The All-Inclusive Beverage Package (AIBP) "includes any individual beverage item, such as soda, water, cocktails, spirits, wines, beers, coffee and tea, up to $10 (retail value)." This would include any non-alcoholic beer costing $10 or less, and I don't know of any they would sale costing more than $10.

The Unlimited Soda & More Package "entitling you to unlimited fountain soft drinks, plus mocktails, juices, and complimentary hot chocolate throughout your cruise." This would not include any non-alcoholic beers in bottles. I don't know if it would include any on tap - if they had any on tap.

Details are given here.

I have another question regarding the drink package. It says for drinks up to $10. If a drink is listed at 8.95 and they automatically add the gratuity of 15 or 18 percent, that pushes it over $10.

Does that drink now not qualify for being covered?

I have another question regarding the drink package. It says for drinks up to $10. If a drink is listed at 8.95 and they automatically add the gratuity of 15 or 18 percent, that pushes it over $10.

Does that drink now not qualify for being covered?

We received $8.95 cocktails all the time with the package.

Any drink $10 or under. The grat is not factored in.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Ok, good to know. I read somewhere else in a post that they (cruise line) were counting the gratuity in, thus making it over $10. Passenger was trying to fix that, to no avail.

Just want to be prepared!

Do we have to pay for soda at dinner if we don't have a drink package?

You have to pay for ALL beverages except coffee, tea, milk, juice (at breakfast only, and regular (not bottled) water. I've heard that they also offer lemonade, but I've never seen it.

• 6 months later...
do you have to pay corkage fee for wine you brought if you drink it in room and not at dinner?

Princess allows each adult passenger to bring one 750ml. bottle of wine (sparkling or still) for consumption in cabin without a corkage fee. All bottles consumed in public areas, and all over the one per person per voyage, are subject to a $15 corkage fee.