Anthem cabin near elevator - noise issues???

I'm looking at cabin 9570 on the Anthem. I'm noticing that it's right in front of the opening to the elevators. I called RCCL and multiple agents have told me that there is a door separating the hallway of cabins to the elevator atrium and there won't be any noise issues in the cabin. Is this true???? I'm sailing w/ my husband and two kids, ages 4 and 6. Thoughts?

There are fire doors there but these were never closed after the cabins were made available on the first day. We were in cabin 10562 on Anthem for 12 nights last March and noise from the elevator/stairs area wasn't ever a problem

This is all so helpful!! I haven't been on a cruise in 10 years and I'm kind of nervous! Do you think 9570 is too far forward for ship-motion sake? Or should I just stick with it and be happy? Hee hee :)

RCI is very good about putting the elevators/stair in a foyer.....noise isn't an issue.

No...while you may be "technically" in a forward section, you are really more mid-ships than forward. No worries!

Great to know. We're right near elevator on our upcoming cruuse. Another worry gone. These posts are really calming my nerves. I'm "that" type

I'm TOTALLY "that" type too. We're not cruising until December and I'm already stressing about the cabin location!

We were on the June 30 sailing and had room 9562. There is a fire door that seperates the hallway where the rooms are located and the area of the elevators although the door is always open. We liked being close to the elevators and had no issue with noise on deck 9.

• 5 months later...

By the way --- just to report on the cabin just in case anyone in the future is curious....

We were in cabin 9570 and it was WONDERFUL! Super convenient since it was right near the elevators and zero elevator noise. Win-win! Great added space on the balcony too :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 month later...

im glad I found this thread. I was worried about being near the elevators in regards to the obvious increase of traffic you have by the nature of being near an elevator.

but from all accounts above, even being across from the lobby door to the elevators, you don't have any issues

im glad I found this thread. I was worried about being near the elevators in regards to the obvious increase of traffic you have by the nature of being near an elevator.

but from all accounts above, even being across from the lobby door to the elevators, you don't have any issues

Hi there. We ended up in cabin 9570 - which is right outside of the elevator bank. It was wonderful!!!! We already rebooked for next year's holiday sailing and took a similar cabin based on our experience in 9570!

are the prices this good every year?

i realize half the ship will have to pass by my room to get to theirs but i hope no one makes noise :)

No clue what price you're getting, but trust me --- you'll be so happy with a cabin near the elevator [emoji846]

I'm looking at cabin 9570 on the Anthem. I'm noticing that it's right in front of the opening to the elevators. I called RCCL and multiple agents have told me that there is a door separating the hallway of cabins to the elevator atrium and there won't be any noise issues in the cabin. Is this true???? I'm sailing w/ my husband and two kids, ages 4 and 6. Thoughts?

It's true there is a door separating the cabin hallway from the elevator area and the stairs. The doorway to the cabin hallway usually remains open.

You hear no noise what so ever and I'm a very light sleeper. We stayed in cabin 9556 and 9560 and there was no elevator lobby noise. There are several floors between your cabin and the public areas both below and above you. We always try to pick deck 9 or 10 when we sail on the Anthem.

There are not that many passengers passing your cabin door, just a few.

A side note: Now on most Carnival ships I won't take a cabin by the Atrium Lobby elevator. My experience with them has been the Atrium is open to all decks going up, it's the way the ships were designed to give a vast expanse look for the Atrium. The cabin hallways near the elevator overlook the Atrium so any activity or band playing in the Atrium Lobby can be heard in the cabins near that elevator bank. And yes you can hear muffled music in your stateroom if it happens to be near the open hallways that over look the Atrium.

• 8 months later...
We were on the June 30 sailing and had room 9562. There is a fire door that seperates the hallway where the rooms are located and the area of the elevators although the door is always open. We liked being close to the elevators and had no issue with noise on deck 9.

Hi Matt, We are looking to book 9562 in June. Do you happen to have pictures of what the room or balcony looks like? Seems like you really can't see forward, but have an amazing view towards the ocean and the aft.

Thank you so much.