Early saver help

Lee2385

Hey guys, I tried searching and fig easier to just ask so sorry if it's been covered. I just booked Vista and it was pricey compared to my usually bookings. I booked early saver and my question is.... Do I check once a day or a few times a day? And what is easiest way to go about it? I do have a PVP so if I find a lower rate then do I just let her know??? Sorry to be so clueless but I usually book interline. Thanks a bunch!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hey guys, I tried searching and fig easier to just ask so sorry if it's been covered. I just booked Vista and it was pricey compared to my usually bookings. I booked early saver and my question is.... Do I check once a day or a few times a day? And what is easiest way to go about it? I do have a PVP so if I find a lower rate then do I just let her know??? Sorry to be so clueless but I usually book interline. Thanks a bunch!!

Without knowing how far out you booked it is hard to reply to. While it could change during the day, if it is a long way out that is a lot. Once you find it you can let your PVP know and they should take care of it for you (might be tough finding discounted cabins - depends what type of room you have, the Vista is very popular).

June 3, 2017. Vista deluxe ocean view. Thanks guys!! [emoji3]

That far out, I think once a week is more than fine. Unless something special is happening on your sailing (big group, partial charter) , the price won't fluctuate much this far out, but you never know.

In the past your PVP could fill out the paperwork for you, but a month or so ago they changed that rule, and now you have to fill out the paperwork yourself. Your PVP can send you a link to the proper form. I have never had one rejected. Our PVP told us it's because Carnival would rather you upgrade then give you the discount and if your PVP does it for you, s/he will automatically go for the discount, but if you are filling out the form yourself you might be tempted to take an upgrade. Anyway....your PVP can help you, but s/he can not submit the paperwork or reduction for you anymore.

Also join your Roll Call. I have found those on the roll call seem to mention price drops when they occur. It may not affect your type of cabin, but it's always worth checking.

Let me second that. There was a post about a price drop in my roll call. The poster said it was a state promotion, and I am in a different state. But, I checked anyway, and there was a senior saver added which we qualified for.

Note, be sure if you are getting a price drop to check other changes that may occur. For instance, with our senior saver, we had to pay an additional deposit since we no longer qualified for a reduced deposit. (This actually did not even make us lose a small amount of interest since our final payment was due soon and ended up on the same credit card statement.)

I have Fareviewer on my Favorites list and check every day. I just booked a cruise back on July 2 and have gotten a price drop already. I have always booked ES and have pretty much always gotten price drops. If trip is not completely paid for they will apply it to the balance. If paid for they will give you the difference in OBC. I have gotten it both ways.

We always book with Early Saver, usually a year in advance. I check my price multiple times every day, because that is how I am! Not necessary, I'm sure, but if I'm thinking about the cruise, and planning for the cruise, this is just one more thing I like to do. It's not as if it takes much time or effort to try a mock booking or check Fareviewer. And it makes me happy! So, check as often as you like...no one will judge you!

The Vista prices are only going up and fast...