Children in the Diamond Lounge?

I didn't realize "snowflake" had an evil meaning. I thought it was a term of endearment, like peanut, or little man, or little one ...

As to Royal Caribbean responsibility, I'm going to have to disagree with you there.

"Snowflake" is used today in negative terms to call young people soft, or weak, or spoiled...children are not soft or weak. They are children. They are not my favorites all the time, but are direct examples of those who raised them.

Royal Caribbean runs cruises. Why should they be placed in the position to scold a passenger or a child? The only thing I would hold them responsible for is allowing children in the DL, because then they open themselves up. The minute a 14 year old young lady comes in with makeup, looking 22 and they get served, all hell is going to break loose.

I think snowflakes is a cute term...we also call children "kids"...isn't that a baby goat? (though they are cute also).

There are some obviously less than cute terms out there for "the little darlin's" when they act badly. ;)

Bad kids are bad kids. I just think its unfair to label the child, when the true culprits are the parents/grandparents. If anyone is labeled or called names, it should be the parents. The child is a direct reflection on the parent.

Bad kids are bad kids. I just think its unfair to label the child, when the true culprits are the parents/grandparents. If anyone is labeled or called names, it should be the parents. The child is a direct reflection on the parent.

The child must take some blame for being bad but the parents are the main culprits if the kids are bad and they are allowed to get away with bad behaviour.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

I am currently on the Dawn, I have my 3 almost 4 year old with me everywhere on this ship. Only 1 couple gave us a look at the concierge breakfast, in return every crew member came over acknowledged my kid asked about her night at the kids club (her choice not ours before the comments come) with a smile. The crew loves it because we are the passengers who tip instead of saying it's automatic they got tipped. And that's why it is more common, because as you complain as well as pinch pennies we get more generous and help there families.

The child must take some blame for being bad but the parents are the main culprits if the kids are bad and they are allowed to get away with bad behaviour.

Your kids served in Vietnam they disciplined your kid at school with a ruler, times have changed kids get rewarded at school for being good now, not disciplined for being bad. It's always easy to blame a parent but look at the school system now and you will see the real problem.

Your kids served in Vietnam they disciplined your kid at school with a ruler, times have changed kids get rewarded at school for being good now, not disciplined for being bad. It's always easy to blame a parent but look at the school system now and you will see the real problem.

We are from the UK.

No kids,our choice.

I am currently on the Dawn, I have my 3 almost 4 year old with me everywhere on this ship. Only 1 couple gave us a look at the concierge breakfast, in return every crew member came over acknowledged my kid asked about her night at the kids club (her choice not ours before the comments come) with a smile. The crew loves it because we are the passengers who tip instead of saying it's automatic they got tipped. And that's why it is more common, because as you complain as well as pinch pennies we get more generous and help there families.

Dawn? NCL has a ship named Dawn. I believe Princess also has a ship named Dawn. But I'm pretty sure Royal Caribbean does not have a ship named Dawn. I don't know what Princess offers any of its suite guests, since I have not been in a suite on Princess. NCL does have a special place for breakfast for suite guests. Are you, or were you on the NCL Dawn?

Royal Caribbean has a DL (Diamond Lounge), a CL (Concierge Lounge), and a SL (Suite Lounge). If you are a member of Royal Caribbean's loyalty program and are Diamond Level and above, you are welcome in the DL (there is no age restriction). If you are in a suite you are welcome in the SL. If you are Diamond Plus or in a suite, you are welcome in the CL. Royal Caribbean has or is changing the SL to a CL.

Dawn? NCL has a ship named Dawn. I believe Princess also has a ship named Dawn. But I'm pretty sure Royal Caribbean does not have a ship named Dawn. I don't know what Princess offers any of its suite guests, since I have not been in a suite on Princess. NCL does have a special place for breakfast for suite guests. Are you, or were you on the NCL Dawn?

Royal Caribbean has a DL (Diamond Lounge), a CL (Concierge Lounge), and a SL (Suite Lounge). If you are a member of Royal Caribbean's loyalty program and are Diamond Level and above, you are welcome in the DL (there is no age restriction). If you are in a suite you are welcome in the SL. If you are Diamond Plus or in a suite, you are welcome in the CL. Royal Caribbean has or is changing the SL to a CL.

Yes ncl, dawn uses specialty restaurants for concierge/suite/frequent ncl guest on its non haven ships (Bermuda seemed logical after the weather). This was an excellent thread because it's showing old school vs current. I personally would prefer a princess or disney actually (which I have done without children) because of the old school feel. It seems like most rc guest are not ready to accept the industry change.

We seldom notice kids in the Diamond Lounge, Concierge Lounge, and Suites Lounge but are almost always aware of them eating in Coastal Kitchen and being (naturally for their age) loud. We decided that they could either bother us or we could enjoy them. On the first or second night we speak to the children and try to identify something about them that is endearing. From then on out we call each of them by their name and they think that we like them and we think the same. It turns what could be an unpleasant evening into one that reminds us of our grandchildren (whom we love and enjoy).

As for the loud adults....we do the same with them and discover that they are quite enjoyable.

That’s a new one. Blame the schools, your joking right?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That’s a new one. Blame the schools, your joking right?

There are police at the schools in my home town stationed there every day. Not when I graduated in the late 60's.........we were a top 10 school in a nice area. And I know how to read!:D

There are police at the schools in my home town stationed there every day. Not when I graduated in the late 60's.........we were a top 10 school in a nice area. And I know how to read!:D

There are school resource officers at most high schools throughout the country, I’m not sure I understand your point.

There are school resource officers at most high schools throughout the country, I’m not sure I understand your point.

I think the point is, when we went to school, there was no need for police on campus because kids back then had more respect for others. Now there is less respect for others and it shows in their behavior.

Basically what the people on this thread are saying is, well behaved people are welcome. There are other venues available for people who want to be more active. The rules for acceptable behavior in a library are different then the rules for acceptable behavior in a baseball stadium. No one is suggesting the rules in the pool area should mimic the rules in the DL, but by the same token, the rules in the DL should not mimic the rules in the pool area.

Now, whether or not children should be in a lounge where drinks are served is a matter of personal choice. Why are there drinks name Roy Rodgers or Shirley Temple if kids should be band from lounges serving adult drinks? On the other hand, I may not be the one to ask, since in general I like kids and in general they don't bother me. And you (I'm using "you" as a generic term) and I may not see eye to eye on what behavior is acceptable (though I agree, cartwheels is a bit out of line).

I think the point is, when we went to school, there was no need for police on campus because kids back then had more respect for others. Now there is less respect for others and it shows in their behavior.

Basically what the people on this thread are saying is, well behaved people are welcome. There are other venues available for people who want to be more active. The rules for acceptable behavior in a library are different then the rules for acceptable behavior in a baseball stadium. No one is suggesting the rules in the pool area should mimic the rules in the DL, but by the same token, the rules in the DL should not mimic the rules in the pool area.

Now, whether or not children should be in a lounge where drinks are served is a matter of personal choice. Why are there drinks name Roy Rodgers or Shirley Temple if kids should be band from lounges serving adult drinks? On the other hand, I may not be the one to ask, since in general I like kids and in general they don't bother me. And you (I'm using "you" as a generic term) and I may not see eye to eye on what behavior is acceptable (though I agree, cartwheels is a bit out of line).

Good comparisons.

Police in schools tells its own story.

On 12 cruises in Europe and Dubai when we have used the DL we have only seen 1 child in the DL who soon left with her dad out of boredom.

We seldom notice kids in the Diamond Lounge, Concierge Lounge, and Suites Lounge but are almost always aware of them eating in Coastal Kitchen and being (naturally for their age) loud. We decided that they could either bother us or we could enjoy them. On the first or second night we speak to the children and try to identify something about them that is endearing. From then on out we call each of them by their name and they think that we like them and we think the same. It turns what could be an unpleasant evening into one that reminds us of our grandchildren (whom we love and enjoy).

As for the loud adults....we do the same with them and discover that they are quite enjoyable.

Great attitude and great idea! Thank you for this suggestion.

Why did they leave out of boredom, was the door not working?

She was watching her ipad and doing some cheerleaders movements.

There was no other children in the DL for her to speak to so her dad finished his drink and they left.

We never saw either in the DL again.

Oh Graham.........the culture difference is adorable!! That went right over your head. :D