Children in the Diamond Lounge?

"Snowflake" is used today in negative terms to call young people soft, or weak, or spoiled...children are not soft or weak. They are children. They are not my favorites all the time, but are direct examples of those who raised them.

Royal Caribbean runs cruises. Why should they be placed in the position to scold a passenger or a child? The only thing I would hold them responsible for is allowing children in the DL, because then they open themselves up. The minute a 14 year old young lady comes in with makeup, looking 22 and they get served, all hell is going to break loose.

Good points.

And snowflakes are brought up that it is tolerated for them to go into meltdowns if they encounter a view that differs from theirs or something happens that they don't like. They need safe spaces with puppy videos and play-do (in College!).

Good points.

And snowflakes are brought up that it is tolerated for them to go into meltdowns if they encounter a view that differs from theirs or something happens that they don't like. They need safe spaces with puppy videos and play-do (in College!).

I thought snowflakes were people in leadership positions who can not take criticism?

I thought snowflakes were people in leadership positions who can not take criticism?
They could possibly be in leadership postions but a key characteristic of snow flakes is they can't take criticism. Feel sorry for people in hiring positions who are faced with this "talent" pool to hire.

Thats what the modern parents do, trying to be the kids best friend and does it work?.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

It's very different for a parent to try and be a child's friend than for a stranger to do so. When you talk to other people's children as if you really see who they are and are friendly to them, they tend to repay you with respect. Sometimes, it takes the observation of a stranger to make the child aware that his/her behavior is not acceptable. Just last month, I was sitting in a restaurant where a young boy of maybe 3 or 4 was making me CRAZY whining to his dad about wanting something, and repeating it OVER and OVER and OVER. Dad did very little. When the little guy looked in my direction, I gave him my best "you don't want to behave like that" look, and he immediately stopped. The girlfriend I was shopping with got a laugh out of the fact that I was able to quiet someone Else's child with just a look.

Anyways, this thread now gives me real concerns that I won't be able to use our benefits as a family lest other guests take it upon themselves to be confrontational or "play cop".
I haven't seen many kids in the DL - one in August. We are late seating so that may have something to do with it. We also cruise most of the time when school is in session. However, we would say something to the Concierge if there were misbehaving kids in the DL that were not being controlled by their non-parenting parents. And I would get a few other couples to back me up so the Concierge would have a stronger case and not be in trouble for saying something to the non-parenting parents.

It's very different for a parent to try and be a child's friend than for a stranger to do so. When you talk to other people's children as if you really see who they are and are friendly to them, they tend to repay you with respect. Sometimes, it takes the observation of a stranger to make the child aware that his/her behavior is not acceptable. Just last month, I was sitting in a restaurant where a young boy of maybe 3 or 4 was making me CRAZY whining to his dad about wanting something, and repeating it OVER and OVER and OVER. Dad did very little. When the little guy looked in my direction, I gave him my best "you don't want to behave like that" look, and he immediately stopped. The girlfriend I was shopping with got a laugh out of the fact that I was able to quiet someone Else's child with just a look.

One cruise we were in the Schooner Bar on Anthem. There are nautical ropes and wood behind the piano separating the Bar from the Photo dept. There was a 2 or 3 year old climbing the ropes as the parents were looking at the photos. The bartenders did nothing, but I also gave THAT look to the child and he stopped.

Agree. Glad my kids are strict with their triplets.

Triplets!!! OMG, they do have to have a sense of order or I know, I'd be pulling my hair out. Congrats to your family:D

I haven't seen many kids in the DL - one in August. We are late seating so that may have something to do with it. We also cruise most of the time when school is in session. However, we would say something to the Concierge if there were misbehaving kids in the DL that were not being controlled by their non-parenting parents. And I would get a few other couples to back me up so the Concierge would have a stronger case and not be in trouble for saying something to the non-parenting parents.

Good, that's the person that is responsible for the lounge.

I'm not really worried about my kid running around or misbehaving because

1. He doesn't really behave that way in social settings; we pick and choose what we think he can deal with and usually have success.

2. In the event where we aren't having success, in 0.8 seconds I scoop him up and we are gone.

That said, this thread has really made me feel unwelcome to use our benefits and what I cringe at the thought of is the self-appointed lounge police asking for "my papers" (proof we are allowed there), which I won't show them anyways.

1. He doesn't really behave that way in social settings; we pick and choose what we think he can deal with and usually have success.

2. In the event where we aren't having success, in 0.8 seconds I scoop him up and we are gone.

That said, this thread has really made me feel unwelcome to use our benefits and what I cringe at the thought of is the self-appointed lounge police asking for "my papers" (proof we are allowed there), which I won't show them anyways.

I'd be happy to have your kid in the lounge. You are a good parent who parents! Our grandkids misbehave and then are doing time out very quickly. More infractions results in the loss of the pre-bedtime video. We were strict with out daughter too. I often say it is the age talking not the kid but as a parent, you have to correct the "age."

You have no reason to worry...........You are NOT whom we are talking about:D

I havn't read this entire thread so wanted to ask this question. We are going on Allure as first time Diamond cruisers and bringing our kids. They have been on a min of 4 cruises and obviously have the same status. I know they can't load alcoholic bevys on their cards but would they get specialty non alcoholic drinks? Just curious. Although they are well behaved, we'd rather keep them out of the DL.

I havn't read this entire thread so wanted to ask this question. We are going on Allure as first time Diamond cruisers and bringing our kids. They have been on a min of 4 cruises and obviously have the same status. I know they can't load alcoholic bevys on their cards but would they get specialty non alcoholic drinks? Just curious. Although they are well behaved, we'd rather keep them out of the DL.

Usually its one bad kid misbehaving and other good kids then follow him.

Usually its one bad kid misbehaving and other good kids then follow him.

They asked do kids have 3 non-alcoholic drinks loaded to their card, similar to adults. They would prefer not to take their kids into the D lounge.

As for their question I do not believe that they get any drinks added to their card. The kids have different Diamond perks than their parents.

They asked do kids have 3 non-alcoholic drinks loaded to their card, similar to adults. They would prefer not to take their kids into the D lounge.

As for their question I do not believe that they get any drinks added to their card. The kids have different Diamond perks than their parents.

The DL is a drinking alcohol lounge during cocktail hours and anyone under 21 who are not allowed alcohol by RC this really is not a place for you.

I have seen 1 child in 12 cruises in the DL which says to me they don't want to be in there but i would be pleasant to anyone who is friendly and well behaved regardless of age and allowed in by C&A.

Children do not get beverage vouchers.

The DL is a drinking alcohol lounge during cocktail hours and anyone under 21 who are not allowed alcohol by RC this really is not a place for you.

I have seen 1 child in 12 cruises in the DL which says to me they don't want to be in there but i would be pleasant to anyone who is friendly and well behaved regardless of age and allowed in by C&A.

You still did not read their question. They asked if kids get three vouchers for kids drinks to use at bars on the cruise during the evening hours. For example a can of pop or a Shirley Temple. They do not want to bring their kids into the lounge. That is all their question was.

You still did not read their question. They asked if kids get three vouchers for kids drinks to use at bars on the cruise during the evening hours. For example a can of pop or a Shirley Temple. They do not want to bring their kids into the lounge. That is all their question was.

I don't know because we don't bring kids with us and personally don't care.

It is a drinking den for adult Diamond and above members during cocktail hours and not a place really for minors.

I don't know because we don't bring kids with us and personally don't care.

It is a drinking den for adult Diamond and above members during cocktail hours and not a place really for minors.

If you don't care why waste your time responding, while not answering their question. Other than to promote that you don't want kids in the Lounge, to which RC allows them with adult supervision at all times of the day.

Edit: a drinking den? My godness, this isnt a brothel or a speakeasy during prohibition. It's a lounge on a family friendly cruiseship.

If you don't care why waste your time responding, while not answering their question. Other than to promote that you don't want kids in the Lounge, to which RC allows them with adult supervision at all times of the day.

Edit: a drinking den? My godness, this isnt a brothel or a speakeasy during prohibition. It's a lounge on a family friendly cruiseship.

I saw nothing last week in CL or the temporary DL on Freedom that would be disturbing to kids. Now the D+ Lounge might be completely different. [emoji33]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums