Can you no longer prebook cagneys or le bistro?

Mrbluray

Hi. My wife and i decided to do a last second cruise on the escapenon aug 20. We noticed that we couldnt prebook dinner at cagneys or le bistro. Is that no longer an option or is it fully booked for the cruise?

From what I've seen for my upcoming cruise, as restaurants started disappearing from the web site, their availability has diminished to the point that they're no longer offering pre-booking. There should still be some availability if you make your reservation (right) after you board.

That's my plan. For the restaurants that I couldn't pre-book, I'm going to go straight to Headliners and make the reservations for my group.

Can't remember the exact # of reservation NCL pre-books. I thought it was 30%.

Go directly to headliners as soon as you board to book those 2 restaurants as mentioned above.

An NCL rep told me that they make 30% of reservations available for pre-booking when I called a few weeks ago to ask about how our old UDP would work on our upcoming trip.

My wife and I sailed in January '16 from NOLA and found the same situation. We forgot to go and make reservations at Cagney's when we first boarded. We "remembered" a few hours into the cruise but still were able to get a reservation with no problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was just gonna start a thread on this very subject. Our cruise is Oct. on Breakaway and decided to check and see restaurant availability and maybe book one or two. All of the ones I checked only had 9 O'clock. Is that normal because I find it to be odd?

Maybe, most of that 30% available slots were for 5:30P 6:00P, 9:00P or 9:3P Every now & then, I saw 6:30P, 7:00P or 7:30P.

Perhaps, the Haven concierge already seized those & booked them as they have 10 extra days to choose first.

For your convenience, maybe NCL should offer an extra fee upcharge option, again - called it the ultimate premier dining package :D :eek: - I know, I know, don't offer up any more funky ideas (not that they aren't aware of the support for feestyle choosing options under current management)

Never mind, when I choose 3 people it only gives me one time slot, but if I choose 2 people it gives me lots of time slots. Problem is we will have our 3 year old son with us. Any ideas? Do we have to include him when reserving specialty restaurants?

I was just gonna start a thread on this very subject. Our cruise is Oct. on Breakaway and decided to check and see restaurant availability and maybe book one or two. All of the ones I checked only had 9 O'clock. Is that normal because I find it to be odd?

Not odd at all. That's happened on all three of my NCL cruises.

How far in advance can u book the restaurants? I am new to Norwegian, and if I have the 3 specialty restaurants offer can I chose anything on menu?

90 days for typical guests, like 110 or something for Haven guests I think.

For the others who have weird reservation availability, try checking it at different times or once a day, on our Escape cruise in June, sometimes it would show nothing for Cagneys, and the next day I could book just about any time I wanted. Not sure if that is cancellation's or just the system updating, but it happened with every restaurant I was looking at.

Also, if you get to the port early and have to wait to board, try picking up the ship's wifi signal (NCL_ShipName) and accessing the Concierge app. I was able to do this and make reservations via the app before even boarding the ship.

Edited by shutdowncorner

How far in advance can u book the restaurants? I am new to Norwegian, and if I have the 3 specialty restaurants offer can I chose anything on menu?

100 days b/4 cruise for Haven

90 days b/4 cruise for others

Book a table for 4 if you don't find availability for 3, especially with MDR or a la carte options at specialty. Think outside the sand box.

If you book table of 2 & bring the 3 years old, and you ended up with a small split table for 2 (that combine to sit 4) - you are SOL. :eek:

Edited by mking8288

Book a table for 4 if you don't find availability for 3, especially with MDR or a la carte options at specialty. Think outside the sand box.

If you book table of 2 & bring the 3 years old, and you ended up with a small split table for 2 (that combine to sit 4) - you are SOL. :eek:

Ok that makes sense, but I didn't know what the rules were. I will try booking for 4.

My son and daughter have there own cabin. If I want the four of us for dinner reservations do I need to book from each reservations or can I just make one reservation for the four of us?

I was able to book 4 people on my reservation on MyNCL.

30% of all seats are available for pre booking. Most people do not book prior to boarding and it is usually not difficult to get your desire dining time, if you make your reservation on boarding day

Booking parties of 2-3-4 are not so much a problem - it is when booking 5-6-*7*8

that life gets difficult.

NOTE *7* it is impossible to book with NCL computer res system.

No worry/problem book 8 and have the Maître-D fix the problem.

For seating for -7- you are going to use a table setting for 8 anyway i.e.

2 tables for 4 or a round table for 8.

With 9 NCL squeezes you into a round table for 8 - for ten or more this gets

interesting and inventive depending on the restaurant layout.

Best thing is to book early and before hand talk with the Maitre-D to iron out

any other unanticipated details !

The MDRs have so much room and options no worry here but the smaller

specialty restaurants there are and will be limits.

Suggest booking something first thing after boarding or pre-cruise if you

can - have something to barter with.

Prime time combo dining and an early show is always a problem - just get

the timing down and be a bit flexible.

Late dining and late show is generally a non event.

Worse case scenario as one poster suggests think outside the sand box:

Grab a snack at the Buffet go to the show and then have a nice leisure

dinner and critic the cruise critic and the show.

Have any status Haven suite Latitudes Concierge use the force ah er leverage

to get what you want - you are paying for it - but do this early on and make

it easy for NCL help you get what you need for your family and guests !

My son and daughter have there own cabin. If I want the four of us for dinner reservations do I need to book from each reservations or can I just make one reservation for the four of us?

For dinner reservations you can book for more people than are in your room, so it's no problem to book for all 4 of you even if there are just two in your room.

The system doesn't care who you are booking for. It doesn't ask for details of the other guests, just wants the numbers.

Entertainment is different. With those reservations you have to state who you are booking for, and you can only select from the people in your room. In that case each cabin will need to book separately, but as there isn't allocated seating it doesn't matter. Turn up together and find seats together.