150 Central Park

We'll be sailing on HOTS in October. We haven't booked any specialty restaurants yet, but are starting to look at menus.

150 Central Park looks very good. Do you have to order a pairing, or are you able to select your own appetizers and entrees?

It's a little strange that this restaurant, as well as Jamie's Italian, still aren't even mentioned on the RC web link for Harmony. Also, which specialty restaurants are available for lunch? I could see us doing something like that, then grazing the WJ for a later dinner.

On 150 Central Park, you are free to select your appetizer, entree, and dessert. The best food I have tried in a cruise was there. Enjoy!

Edited by Pipo

It's been a few years since we ate at Central Park, and I'm wondering if the format may have changed. Can anybody who has eaten there recently chime in and let me know what the dinner consists of?

150 Central Park menu is now a la carte. The only choice is whether you want wine paring or not. Of course you can still request more than one appetizer.

Jamie's is open for lunch on boarding day and sea days. The only other specialty restaurants open for lunch wereJohnny Rockets and Sabor. If you are interested in the specialty restaurants, buy the 3/4/5 night packages beforehand. They were not offered onboard on our 7/10 cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When we went to 150 CP on Oasis in Jan. We could choose from anything on the menu, things must have changed. The wine list is completely different than any wine list on the ship (quite pricey). When I questioned this we were told 150 is not run by RCI is leased out to a private company? But it was the second best dinner we've had on a ship! :D Enjoy

Hi! I just received the menus for our upcoming cruise. I was told that the menu changes mid week. Here are both of the menus. Looks great! Hope this helps

Thanks, but only the appetizer page was listed for each menu. Do you have the full menu?

I haven't done 150 for a few years, so maybe things have changed. When we did it, the only "choice" was the entree dish. The others were fixed. If you have any issues, my wife is allergic to seafood, they will do a very nice substitute for any course. As for the wine pairing, what we did was split one pairing. We felt neither of us would be able to drink a full pairing each. They took each wine and gave us half each in separate glasses. This was done very easily and the waiter was wonderful. Each glass was more than enough considering you get a glass with each course. It also saved us money. Don't know if they still do that or not, but if you don't drink a lot of wine, it's worth asking.

Those are the full menus.

Bob, I have not been on Oasis for some years now, having done 150 at that

time. Did this change about no choice menus? I seem to remember being able to choose

apps, entree, etc.?

Or perhaps just my older brain failing me again??! :eek: ;)

We want to do 150 again this January when Oasis comes to PC, but

not really interested in that menu.

Also, is it still a BOGO option?

Edited by island lady

If you buy the dining "package," do you have to book your restaurants at that time, or can you book on board?

For the dining packages that I have booked you only select the time and either day 1 or 2 for your first restaurant (Royal chooses the restaurant) and then you book the rest on board. You can also change what Royal has selected for you based on availability.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Bob, I have not been on Oasis for some years now, having done 150 at that

time. Did this change about no choice menus? I seem to remember being able to choose

apps, entree, etc.?

Or perhaps just my older brain failing me again??! :eek: ;)

We want to do 150 again this January when Oasis comes to PC, but

not really interested in that menu.

Also, is it still a BOGO option?

Originally, 150 CP had a set menu that changed midweek. At some point, it did change to one menu over the course of the week, with choices as you comment (only 2 items to choose between). Recent reviews (and as these menus confirm) shows the menus going back to fixed and changing mid-week.

Really hoping it's like this on Harmony as I am going twice in anticipation.

Originally, 150 CP had a set menu that changed midweek. At some point, it did change to one menu over the course of the week, with choices as you comment (only 2 items to choose between). Recent reviews (and as these menus confirm) shows the menus going back to fixed and changing mid-week.

Really hoping it's like this on Harmony as I am going twice in anticipation.

Thanks! :) I guess we will just check the menu when we board in January. Kind of like

booking Chef's Table I guess, but with a choice of wine pairing or not. Just don't want

to book if we don't like what is offered with no choices once we get there.

The wine pairing sounds wonderful however we have the drink package. So I would definitely not purchase the wine pairing option. If you opt to not purchase the wine pairing can you still order wine using the beverage package while eating in Central Park?

Thanks.

Hi! I just received the menus for our upcoming cruise. I was told that the menu changes mid week. Here are both of the menus. Looks great! Hope this helps

Those menus look awesome! Which ship are you on?

The wine pairing sounds wonderful however we have the drink package. So I would definitely not purchase the wine pairing option. If you opt to not purchase the wine pairing can you still order wine using the beverage package while eating in Central Park?

Thanks.

The answer to your question is yes. You must choose a wine that is sold by the glass, and anything over the limit you will have to pay the difference. The sommeliers are very good at finding good matches for each course, even if they are not the exact same as the wine pairings. I am especially excited that they have the Errazuriz dessert wine by the glass!