Welcome Aboard Concierge Class Lunch in the Main Restaurant

Sammigar

Why the big angry thumbs down on something you didn't even have any information or feedback on?

I'd much rather have a relaxed, quieter, MDR meal than fight the hordes at the buffet any day. Can't say I've noticed lounge chair problems on embarkation day, either. But then again they've never been the first priority for us.

I agree about the dining room vs buffet on embarkation day.

is MDR open to everyone on embarkation day? we are aqua class.

thanks,

Debbi

I agree about the dining room vs buffet on embarkation day.

is MDR open to everyone on embarkation day? we are aqua class.

thanks,

Debbi

The dining room is only open to Concierge Class. Luminae is open for Suite Class. Aqua Class is out of luck, unfortunately.

The dining room is only open to Concierge Class. Luminae is open for Suite Class. Aqua Class is out of luck, unfortunately.

what is open for lunch for aqua class other than buffet (yuck on embarkation day -- too busy/crowded) and sushi on 5 (neither of us like sushi. we did like bistro on 5 and would've paid the $10/pp)? will not pay the $ for the Porch - too much money for lunch.

thanks

what is open for lunch for aqua class other than buffet (yuck on embarkation day -- too busy/crowded) and sushi on 5 (neither of us like sushi. we did like bistro on 5 and would've paid the $10/pp)? will not pay the $ for the Porch - too much money for lunch.

thanks

Other than what you posted, the outside grill is open. We use to dine at bistro on 5 to avoid the buffet. The sushi restaurant has other items besides sushi. We have not tried it yet, but may when we cruise in January. We have lots of obc, otherwise, I would not be considering it.

We enjoyed the Concierge welcome lunch on Connie in May. A nice start to the cruise and more relaxing than the buffet. As for making sure you have a lounger by the pool - you can always head there first and leave a couple of towels on your preferred seats while you enjoy a leisurely lunch...:D

• 1 year later...
We enjoyed the Concierge welcome lunch on Connie in May. A nice start to the cruise and more relaxing than the buffet. As for making sure you have a lounger by the pool - you can always head there first and leave a couple of towels on your preferred seats while you enjoy a leisurely lunch...:D

Although it ages since the above post, we're doing research for an upcoming Celebrity cruise and in particular Concierge Class embarkation lunch and Elite special breakfast. Noticed the comment about embarkation day strategy re enjoying the Concierge lunch while also securing a place by the pool: "...leave a couple of towels on your preferred seats while you enjoy a leisurely lunch". Not the only comment along these lines, sad to say. Do fellow passengers really think it's OK to leave their possessions on deck chairs while they go off for a "leisurely lunch". Surely one only has their 'stuff' on a deck chair while actually using it/taking a swim/getting another towel? When it's time for lunch, surely you should take your belongings with you - or find a place after lunch. Manners.

Although it ages since the above post, we're doing research for an upcoming Celebrity cruise and in particular Concierge Class embarkation lunch and Elite special breakfast. Noticed the comment about embarkation day strategy re enjoying the Concierge lunch while also securing a place by the pool: "...leave a couple of towels on your preferred seats while you enjoy a leisurely lunch". Not the only comment along these lines, sad to say. Do fellow passengers really think it's OK to leave their possessions on deck chairs while they go off for a "leisurely lunch". Surely one only has their 'stuff' on a deck chair while actually using it/taking a swim/getting another towel? When it's time for lunch, surely you should take your belongings with you - or find a place after lunch. Manners.

I second your comments re leaving something on a lounger, Runaways. That is such an arrogant and annoying practice, and one I thought practised mostly only by people from a certain European country who are really quite famous for it in the south of Spain and France. It is an awful practice, and not something that should be recommended to anybody but should be called for what it is: rude.

As an Aqua Class traveler I have to say I am perplexed by the fact that Concierge Class passengers get a welcome aboard lunch and we get get nada. I think it's odd. We always opted for Bistro on 5. Hubby is allergic to seafood and even if he wasn't has no interest in Sushi on 5. We miss Bistro on 5 in general. If I had one big complaint is was that switch.

Sent from my RCT6S03W12 using Forums mobile app

Has anyone done the new Concierge class welcome aboard lunch in the MDR? Is it worth losing your chairs at the pool? Is it a different menu or the same food as the buffet? We're sailing on Infinity in October. DH likes to stake a place at the pool. I kinda want to check it out, but don't know if it's worth it.

We’ve done it twice. The first back in March on the Silhouette was one of our best meals which had nice ambiance. We just returned on the 31st same ship and it was average as the food was ok and they seated us on the dock side which had lousy views. The lunch starts at 1130 so you might be able to have the best of both worlds.

As an Aqua Class traveler I have to say I am perplexed by the fact that Concierge Class passengers get a welcome aboard lunch and we get get nada. I think it's odd. We always opted for Bistro on 5. Hubby is allergic to seafood and even if he wasn't has no interest in Sushi on 5. We miss Bistro on 5 in general. If I had one big complaint is was that switch.

Sent from my RCT6S03W12 using Forums mobile app

We were on the Solstice in 2017 and a couple in front of us was Aqua Class and they were seated at the Concierge Class lunch on embarkation day...probably depends how busy it is and the specific person seating you that day.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If this is available for concierge class does it also include Aqua class?

As far as I know it does not but that doesn't mean you won't be allowed in if you ask and if they have tables available.

Previous poster asked about a vegetarian dish and they do have one...it's a whole wheat pasta (surprisingly tasty) with the best sauce of the entire cruise!

I second your comments re leaving something on a lounger, Runaways. That is such an arrogant and annoying practice, and one I thought practised mostly only by people from a certain European country who are really quite famous for it in the south of Spain and France. It is an awful practice, and not something that should be recommended to anybody but should be called for what it is: rude.

I could not agree more! My earlier post was made at a time where there were ongoing discussions about chair hogs, and I was being a bit "tongue in cheek!" Apologies for any offence taken - none intended, and certainly not a practice I would condone.

As an Aqua Class traveler I have to say I am perplexed by the fact that Concierge Class passengers get a welcome aboard lunch and we get get nada. I think it's odd.

I'll trade you my welcome lunch for your access to Blu. :halo:

I could not agree more! My earlier post was made at a time where there were ongoing discussions about chair hogs, and I was being a bit "tongue in cheek!" Apologies for any offence taken - none intended, and certainly not a practice I would condone.

Oops, sorry. And there I was, equating you with those of a certain European ethnicity. ;)

I saw lounge hoggers on a Carnival cruise and they were definitely from the US. They would go out before breakfast, claim around twenty loungers and then disappear, often for hours. i complained to one of the staff who shrugged and did nothing and after waiting around thirty minutes more for a free chair, I removed a towel and sat down. About fifteen minutes later an enraged woman swore at me for taking "her" chair. I reminded her of the so called rules and did not move.

I feel if there are rules rather than guidelines for clothing, pool use etc., then the crew need to enforce them. I was left angry with Carnival more than with the selfish passengers.

I saw lounge hoggers on a Carnival cruise and they were definitely from the US. They would go out before breakfast, claim around twenty loungers and then disappear, often for hours. i complained to one of the staff who shrugged and did nothing and after waiting around thirty minutes more for a free chair, I removed a towel and sat down. About fifteen minutes later an enraged woman swore at me for taking "her" chair. I reminded her of the so called rules and did not move.

I feel if there are rules rather than guidelines for clothing, pool use etc., then the crew need to enforce them. I was left angry with Carnival more than with the selfish passengers.

Good on you for not accepting such arrogant behaviour. It's one thing for people to put something on their lounger when they pop off to the toilet or to get something from their cabin, but "reserving" them? Nope, should not be allowed.

We just returned from Equinox and did the Concierge lunch. They seat you as you go in - filling up the larger tables. Limited menu selection but good choices. It was nice to not deal with the chaos at the buffet and relax. Met some interesting people as well. Thought there would be more “insight” to the cruise but there was not. Would be AWESOME if they had tables set up with a rep from the Spa, Shore excursions, photo personnel, dining arrangements so that you didn’t have to go all over the ship to take care of these things. That would be outstanding Concierge service!

We just returned from Equinox and did the Concierge lunch. They seat you as you go in - filling up the larger tables. Limited menu selection but good choices. It was nice to not deal with the chaos at the buffet and relax. Met some interesting people as well. Thought there would be more “insight” to the cruise but there was not. Would be AWESOME if they had tables set up with a rep from the Spa, Shore excursions, photo personnel, dining arrangements so that you didn’t have to go all over the ship to take care of these things. That would be outstanding Concierge service!

Do you remember what the menu was?