Equinox 2017 Caribbean Promo

QuakerBoy

I am trying to book Dec 2nd on Equinox but it isn't offering me the 4.

That's b/c you are beyond the dates included in this sale:

"Go Best amenities. Cruise must be booked July 19 - August 31, 2016 (the "Offer Period"). Offer applies to 4-night and longer Celebrity Equinox cruises departing April 24 - November 6, 2017. No promo code required. Eligible sailings listed at celebritycruises.com."

Yeah i have been wondering myself for months after posting how do these people on CC get these huge OBC. If they book through a Travel agent I'm guessing maybe you would get another $50 like you say but they may be booking these big suites but for the average balcony guy I dont see it. Im not willing to take a chance with a travel agent just to get another $50 or $100. I like dealing directly with the company I'm purchasing the cruise through not a third party.

But you know thats just me. I havent been given any credible information that says its truly worth it.

I guess it depends on the country you are from and what type room you booked.

Happy Sailing!!

I'll see if I can dig up my booking from last yr when we had $950 in OBC from 4 diff sources.

So far for Nov 2017 we are sitting at $750.00 ( $300 Celebrity, $100 Capt Club, $300 TA match for when we booked, and $50 TA repeat booking bonus ) with more to come from the BOA Celebrity Visa when we make final next yr. On top of our Grats paid, and the Premium bev package, and unlimited internet. We also got our 1A deck 7 on the slant for the Capt Club price of the 1B after an additional $250 discount for the Endless Summer Promotion.

We are working stiffs from Texas in the USA, and just some ole deck 7 low end balcony cruisers.:D

Edited by wallie5446

$600 OBC???????????? You sure about that one. We got $150 per person for $300 total from Celebrity. Travel Agent gave us another $50.

Easy:

$300 from Celebrity

$250 from TA for balcony booking on Equinox for Med to Caribbean switched itineraries.

$50 from TA for Loyality

There are some disadvantages like not having full access to changes on Celebrity site (have to make them via TA) and the final payment is due a month earlier . . . .but the sale rates and Extra OBC offset it everytime.

Edited by kdawg954

I just checked out these prices earlier today, and convinced me to change my reservation from the summit to Bermuda in May to the 11 day southern Caribbean on the equinox. Too good a deal to pass on....and plenty of excellent cabins available. The s-class cabin spreadsheet sure came in handy!

Celebrity wants you to think that you need to switch to a TA within 60 days...you really can wait much longer since these TA's know how the system really works (I don't unfortunately since I am on the outside looking in...just know of my own personal experiences). That way you put off paying the $900 total down payment due the date you switch to a certain TA with generous OBC's.

Also make sure you will not need to later switch cruise dates or you pay a penalty unlike direct bookings with X.

Several times I have found my booked cruise has gone down in price, but it is Saturday night or maybe it is Sunday morning when I discovered the lower price on the cruise line's web site.

I don't know any travel agents that are available on Saturday night or Sunday morning to contact the cruise line for me and get me the lower price. I have saved a goodly amount of money on our 52 cruises. I check the price on my booked cruises often. I have encountered a price reduction that lasted only two hours and then went back up. Working directly with the cruise line works for me and I have saved money to prove it. There are certainly benefits from using a travel agent. But hubby and I prefer the ability to contact the cruise line directly at anytime to get the lower price. Please don't blast me for my opinion. I know what works for us and thought I'd share it.

Several times I have found my booked cruise has gone down in price, but it is Saturday night or maybe it is Sunday morning when I discovered the lower price on the cruise line's web site.

I don't know any travel agents that are available on Saturday night or Sunday morning to contact the cruise line for me and get me the lower price. I have saved a goodly amount of money on our 52 cruises. I check the price on my booked cruises often. I have encountered a price reduction that lasted only two hours and then went back up. Working directly with the cruise line works for me and I have saved money to prove it. There are certainly benefits from using a travel agent. But hubby and I prefer the ability to contact the cruise line directly at anytime to get the lower price. Please don't blast me for my opinion. I know what works for us and thought I'd share it.

I have never missed out on a price drop because I use an online travel agency. The ones I got, were not that much because I don't overpay. When it hits my price I go, if it doesn't I stay home. A safe estimate is I've saved over $10,000, through group bookings and extra perks that aren't available through the cruise line. That's over 37 cruises and most of them were in a balcony and longer than seven days. That's what works for me.

$10,000.00 wow

The big money is if you can find a cruise that has a group booking with a travel agency. Last November we were lucky enough to do a b2b on the Silhouette that both legs were a group booking. We paid $450 p.p. less and it was pick your perk but we got all three for no extra money. If you look at the 2017 Equinox and they are giving $300 extra obvious. It all adds up in a hurry.

I have used TAs in the past and even currently use them but I do agree with you ... I love the convenience and direct access to my reservation by booking with the cruise line. On a cruise last fall, I was able to secure a really awesome upgrade by booking direct. I also was able to obtain and boat load of onboard credits. So, some times it does work out for the best and sounds like we may have had similar circumstances when it has.

$600 OBC???????????? You sure about that one. We got $150 per person for $300 total from Celebrity. Travel Agent gave us another $50.

We booked B2B and got total: 4 perks for each cruise , including $1250 OBC, $500 loyalty discount, $200 off for booking B2B. We are paying slughtly higher per day price, but at the moment this is a best deal...

We booked B2B and got total: 4 perks for each cruise , including $1250 OBC, $500 loyalty discount, $200 off for booking B2B. We are paying slughtly higher per day price, but at the moment this is a best deal...

The $200 B2B, is that a Celebrity thing? I've not heard that elsewhere, especially Carnival lol but that's a nice incentive. I would have trouble spending $600 OBC myself ;-) But I'm sure that would do a lot of toe nails for my travel companion.

The $200 B2B, is that a Celebrity thing? I've not heard that elsewhere, especially Carnival lol but that's a nice incentive. I would have trouble spending $600 OBC myself ;-) But I'm sure that would do a lot of toe nails for my travel companion.

$200 off for B2B ( $100 off per cruise) is only for Equinox sailings from 4/24/17 -11/6/17 as I was told. I never heard of it till read these boards, so I contacted X and that I was told.

Edited by ISABELLA

I found the site that was offering double OBC. They are $400 more than what my usual T.A. is quoting. Most of the time, if you shop around, you will find that in the end things even out. I'd rather pay less up front than get more OBC.

After being on 5 cruises on Carnival, and meeting some wonderful people on our cruise on Oct 2014 to Hawaii, we decided to go on another cruise together and this time go on the Celebrity Equinox.

We are super excited, We are in a Sunset Veranda and our friends are next door giving us the connecting balcony. There were tons of perks with this booking and we took advantage of it. I have a close friend who have gone on many of the Celebrity cruises and loves them. With their recommendation we decided to try this line. We can't wait.:)

After being on 5 cruises on Carnival, and meeting some wonderful people on our cruise on Oct 2014 to Hawaii, we decided to go on another cruise together and this time go on the Celebrity Equinox.

We are super excited, We are in a Sunset Veranda and our friends are next door giving us the connecting balcony. There were tons of perks with this booking and we took advantage of it. I have a close friend who have gone on many of the Celebrity cruises and loves them. With their recommendation we decided to try this line. We can't wait.:)

Well shucks! Ya'll should re-book for the Nov 6th sailing! We already have close to 90 on the Roll Call! 10-12 are on the 27th too doing the b2b!

This will be our 3rd time on the Equinox, your in for a real treat! Great choice!

EW

Yea i jumped on a pretty sick deal from a TA.

Cruise and Insurance was about $2800 after tax/fees for 2 for an obstructed balcony on the 10 day ABC Islands. $900 deposit was heftier than I usually have to drop, but less to pay in the end.

Includes:

Premium drink package for 2

Unlimited Internet for 2

Prepaid Gratuities for 2

$600 OBC

Yea couldn't beat it.

50% reduced deposits on this cruise plus only one placeholder is needed for the reservation @$250.00

Edited by need2cruisesoon

Well you got a great deal. You also have to be comfortable with a travel agent you choose. I have not used a TA yet. Can you email your TA. Just want to compare what we have now compared to what we would get thru a TA.

My email is packerfanlarry1@gmail.com

Thanks so much.are you booking a balcony , suite etc?

We love cruising. Thanks so much!

We have a captians club number but how do you get the Loyalty Rewards when you book with a Celebrity Cruise rep. Do thay take care of that or do we need to call and ask?

Just wondering.

When the CC Rep quoted us the cost for our next sailing he had already taken the Loyalty discount from the price.

FYI, the Endless Summer Loyalty discount does not apply to all sailings.

Edited by wallie5446

Is that $200 off for booking b2b in addition to the 4 perks (premium bev package, OBC, unlimited internet and prepaid grats), AND the $500 loyalty discount? Anne