Equinox 2017 Caribbean Promo

QuakerBoy

We are in the same boat (pun intended :eek:) as you. We booked with the same online TA and asked about the $125 loyalty.....and they told us that our price was a group price.....but went on to say that the 125 was already built into the price.

When I spoke with the Capt Club rep that is what he said.

I didn't get the copy of our booking for almost 3 weeks. Have you gotten yours yet? It may show up the way ours did, I was not expecting it to look this way.

EW

ISABELLA, after your last post I decided to give it one more try........and we got it:D

Just got off a conference call with our TA and Celebrity, and the b2b discount will be applied. The Celebrity agent's explanation was that both the Go Best and loyalty perks are considered one perk, therefore, the additional b2b perk can be applied. Made my day!!! Anne

Excellent! Makes cruising even sweeter...;)

We are in the same boat (pun intended :eek:) as you. We booked with the same online TA and asked about the $125 loyalty.....and they told us that our price was a group price.....but went on to say that the 125 was already built into the price, so we were getting it! I said "so everyone gets the loyalty discount, even if they are first time cruisers?"....answer 'yes'. I find it interesting that other web sites offered a similar price, but then took off the $125.

Not sure why they refuse to budge....it's not like the money is coming out of their pocket....it is a discount offered from X. :confused:

Anyway, I have decided to let it go. We got a great cabin price, 4 perks and some additional OBC. I can't complain (but the discrepancies are perplexing to say the least).

I feel they are definitely pulling the wool over our eyes on this one. I phoned Celebrity yesterday and they said they gave BOTH the 1 category upgrade and the loyalty discount of $125. We are only getting the one. I know they do have group pricing but their prices on this cruise were the same as Celebrity's the day I booked. On our last booking which was a B2B2B, they would not give us the 1 category upgrade because of group pricing. I did save a massive $2000 on those 3 cruises over Celebrity's price so I thought they were being more than fair. I guess I am going to give up too. When we count in the extra $300 OBC, it more than covers the loyalty discount. However, it does annoy me that they put up this as another perk for booking with them. Get all that Celebrity is giving plus more from us, kind of thing.

Edited by TeaBag

When I spoke with the Capt Club rep that is what he said.

I didn't get the copy of our booking for almost 3 weeks. Have you gotten yours yet? It may show up the way ours did, I was not expecting it to look this way.

EW

I called to day and asked them to send me my confirmation. We booked our trip on 7/20 and, as of this writing, haven't gotten one. I was told they would request one from the "IT department".....hope it isn't the same one the runs X's website!! :eek::eek::eek:

I may not always get the most OBC, but I still feel like I'm always getting a good deal directly with Celebrity. I can reach them by phone 24/7 to ask questions or make changes, there's no penalty to cancel before final payment, and the reps for the most part are professional and knowledgeable about their product. For this Equinox promo, for the Nov 6 sailing, I got the lowest price I've seen for C2, at C3 price (less than 1A or 2A), got the $125 each loyalty discount, got the fantastic Go Best 4 perks free, and only put up the reduced 50% deposit. I'm a happy camper (or cruiser).

I may not always get the most OBC, but I still feel like I'm always getting a good deal directly with Celebrity. I can reach them by phone 24/7 to ask questions or make changes, there's no penalty to cancel before final payment, and the reps for the most part are professional and knowledgeable about their product. For this Equinox promo, for the Nov 6 sailing, I got the lowest price I've seen for C2, at C3 price (less than 1A or 2A), got the $125 each loyalty discount, got the fantastic Go Best 4 perks free, and only put up the reduced 50% deposit. I'm a happy camper (or cruiser).

Travel agents aren't supposed to sell a cruise for a lower price than the cruise line unless they have a "group" booking. We've been fortunate to have done several of these and the pricing has always been a few hundred dollars, p.p. less than the regular price.

If you would have booked the above cruise from a certain online travel agent, you would have gotten everything you stated and an extra $300 obc, per cabin. If you had purchased a cruise from them, in the past you would haven gotten another $50 obc for a total of $350 more.

As long as you are happy, that's all that matters but in some cases, the grass is greener on the other side of the fence.

I can see both sides of this discussion......we have found that the "TA" in question has a customer service department that has left us feeling pretty unwanted. They are a big company and I don't get that 'warm fuzzy' that I 'matter' in the grand scheme of things. The good part is that I tend to be un-needy and feel that the perks ($) outweigh the lack of customer service.

X has always been good to us when it comes to customer service. The Captain's Club is always receptive, even if they aren't able help due to us going through the TA. There have been times when they offered to get on a conference call with the TA to clarify a question.

Everyone has that level of comfort compared with price. Whatever makes you happiest is the way you should go.

Does anyone have a TA they are working with that is offering 50% off deposits? Would you please email me.

I am booking the Nov 7th sailing for my husband, sister, and her husband to celebrate her 40th birthday.

This will be our first Celebrity sailing and it is my sister/her husbands FIRST ever cruise. Trying to make it magical for them.

Thank you.

My email is: courtney.addis@me.com

Does anyone have a TA they are working with that is offering 50% off deposits? Would you please email me.

I am booking the Nov 7th sailing for my husband, sister, and her husband to celebrate her 40th birthday.

This will be our first Celebrity sailing and it is my sister/her husbands FIRST ever cruise. Trying to make it magical for them.

Thank you.

My email is: courtney.addis@me.com

None of the TA's will do the reduced deposit, sorry. You have to book direct to get that.

Edited by wallie5446

It depends on the TA -

If the booking is going to be part of promotional group space Celebrity will not allow the 1/2 off deposit, or a reduced deposit of any kind. Now, a good TA would offer to book the reservation as an individual reservation with 1/2 deposit (if requested by customer) then move into their open promotional group at final payment. Sadly many do not operate that way. Also many agents are ignorant of the reduced deposit promos, especially at the big online agencies.

With regards to the 1 category upgrade, the loyalty discount, groups and combinability - many agents do not know that these should be combinable. HOWEVER Celebrity will only allow two separate Celebrity sponsored promos to be applied to any booking, so GoBig/Better/Best and a loyalty discount may not be combinable with a group onboard credit let's say - so if the TA is moving you to a group you can only get two of the three.

The 1 category upgrade is a Captains Club benefit and not a promotion. That said there are quirky rules in how it can, or cannot, be used. You need to be booked into a category where the lower category is being offered at a lower price than the category you wish to be berthed into. You also cannot go from a 1A to a C3, or C1 to A2 for example. SV and FV are also excluded. It should be combinable with any and all promos and group space, provided the requested upgrade meets the above conditions. Lots of agents are unaware of how the Captains Club upgrade benefit works and how to request it.

The key is finding a GOOD, knowledgeable, TA that understands and can explain all of the above.........

What is this $125 loyalty discount? Neither I nor our TA have ever heard of this. We have 22 cruises on X so it's not like we are nubies.

What is this $125 loyalty discount? Neither I nor our TA have ever heard of this. We have 22 cruises on X so it's not like we are nubies.

It is a special for the new Equinox summer Caribbean sailings in 2017. My TA had to call to get it applied.

The loyalty discount is a special promotion Celebrity added for these certain Equinox cruises next year (certain Equinox cruises between April and Nov). If you book one before the end of August you get the loyalty discount as well. It is not something that always exists or anything like that. I have seen something similar once before a couple of years ago when they opened new sailings. The discount changes based on the length of the Equinox cruise you book and the category of cabin you book.

Galaxy63--

What travel agency do you use? I booked the same cruise/Memorial Day and also got the 4 perks, oveanview. I called my TA (large online vacation company) and Celebrity advised them the $75 credit was not combineable with the 4 perks...maybe I need to look at your travel agency! ( : Please let me know. Thanks

Galaxy63--

What travel agency do you use? I booked the same cruise/Memorial Day and also got the 4 perks, oveanview. I called my TA (large online vacation company) and Celebrity advised them the $75 credit was not combineable with the 4 perks...maybe I need to look at your travel agency! ( : Please let me know. Thanks

I booked two Equinox cruises directly with Celebrity (Oct 27/Nov 6) and got the loyalty discount along with the 4 perks and I booked 1 Equinox cruise for a week (August 6) with a large online TA (you can't name names on here) and got the 4 perks and the loyalty credit.

FYI, I just logged into my celebrity account online and did a mock booking, get right to the summary page after you pick a room but before you actually fill in all your information, in the Summary of charges it shows the loyalty discount as a "discount" and offers it shows the total loyalty savings and the Go Best OBC. Before that it make it clear you got all 4 perks. Maybe that will help your TA talk to Celebrity. But if you do a mock booking for yours, maybe you can see if you are already getting the discounted price (my invoice from my TA doesn't show the loyalty discount separate, but it is the lower price, i.e. if you do a mock booking with celebrity not logged in the price is higher, and logged in my price is the same as it would be directly with celebrity with the savings).

Edited by AlbertaCruisers

Very pleased to take advantage today of the current Endless Summer promo Celebrity is offering to book the recently rescheduled itineraries on Equinox from the Med to the Caribbean in 2017. Jumped on the last one, a 10 day Southern Caribbean leaving Miami on November 6, 2017. The rates are low to begin with, but the extras are what make this deal incredible. Start with the usual one category pricing break (I booked C2 at C3 rate and nailed one of the first cabins off the slant on Sky Deck with the extended balcony). Then take advantage of a $125 loyalty discount each. Then add on the included Go Best offer with this promo for OV and above and get free Premium Alcohol Package, Prepaid Gratiuties, $150 OBC, and Free Internet Package, all for both passengers. Then cut the deposit in half and only put down $450. All in all, that's an amazing deal. Plus, I love the itinerary, with Grand Cayman, Aruba, Curaçao, Bonaire, and Key West, with four Sea Days. Life is good!

WE booked the same cruise and actually cancelled the cruise out of San Juan in April 2017 to take this one. The value was terrific. This will be our first cruise not in Aqua. I will miss Blu but will watch for some possible reductions so I can get us moved. We have a veranda with the extended balcony.

WE booked the same cruise and actually cancelled the cruise out of San Juan in April 2017 to take this one. The value was terrific. This will be our first cruise not in Aqua. I will miss Blu but will watch for some possible reductions so I can get us moved. We have a veranda with the extended balcony.

Which ones have extended balconies? I haven't been on Equinox.

All the S class ships on the slants of the humps( forward &backward) and the M class in some cabins...example for S Class: cabin 1243. Lots of specific info' on CC...research.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Lastdance

They are found on the hump sections of the ship. When you look at the cabins on each deck, you will see those cabins with balconies that are not straight rectangular/square but have an angle to the balcony.