Equinox 2017 Caribbean Promo

QuakerBoy

Yes - all that for both cruises. Loyalty discount is $250/ cabin/ cruise.

$100 off cabin cost per cruise - for B2B.

4 perks/ cruise

Additional OBC is from travel agent and for cancellation of our TA cruise.

Thanks, ISABELLA. After I read your post I contacted Celebrity and asked them about the b2b discount. Was told that, yes, we could get it but our TA had to join/identify the 2 cruises (5 May and 15 May 17) as b2b. So I contacted my TA and was told that Celebrity will only allow a total of two perks per cruise, the go best package and either the loyalty discount or the b2b discount. Hmmm, maybe I should contact Celebrity again and clarify that! Thanks again, ISABELLA! Anne

Hi all. I am also thinking of booking the 6th November 2017 Southern Caribbean, however, as I will be booking in the UK the same future price drop conditions do not apply so the price paid now is what it is. I am just looking at cabin options for each category. I have previously done the Caribbean in Jan/Feb so could you seasoned cruisers please tell me if weather conditions in November will be ok - I understand it will be the end of your hurricane season? Going with the November rather than end October for this reason although I fully appreciate that this may not be a valid reason. I know the ABC islands are the best option for more favourable weather hence this itinerary. Thank you.

Thanks, ISABELLA. After I read your post I contacted Celebrity and asked them about the b2b discount. Was told that, yes, we could get it but our TA had to join/identify the 2 cruises (5 May and 15 May 17) as b2b. So I contacted my TA and was told that Celebrity will only allow a total of two perks per cruise, the go best package and either the loyalty discount or the b2b discount. Hmmm, maybe I should contact Celebrity again and clarify that! Thanks again, ISABELLA! Anne

Anne,

This is from my emails with X:

To Celebrity: Does Celebrity offer additional discount for booking Back- to- back cruises?

From Celebrity: Yes we do! It is $100 off per sailing that is 10+ nights.

To Celebrity: Will this be an addition to a loyalty discount offered for both sailings?

From Celebrity: Yes it is in addition to the existing loyalty savings, and combinable with the promotion

How many times had you sailed with Celebrity to get the loyalty discount. We had just sailed once before.

We have been sailing with Celebrity since 1994, 10 cruises.

Seeing that you are Diamond + you will be Elite on Celebrity so you should have no issue as long as it is one of the 'qualified' cruises.

Call the Capt Club desk.

As far as loyalty credits how do you get them? Is it based on your celebrity cruise level? $1100 OBC? HMM? What kinda room did you book. So are you from USA or Canada?

Just not sure how you are getting that kind of OBC and all the perks. I really find it hard to believe..

You have to be paying it some where in the cruise fare.

Help me out fellow cruisers.

Why would I lie? We are in USA and booked a Sky Suite. We have only taken one cruise with Celebrity. Price confirmed from website before all OBC determined. OBC from Celebrity of $700 and from TA of $400. That's $1,100! The $700 is made up of $300 from the perks, $200 because we had just taken a cruise and they sent me an email offering this and $200 because the original cruise we planned was cancelled and they offered us the OBC to rebook.

You have a great day, cheeseheads4ever!

Why would I lie? We are in USA and booked a Sky Suite. We have only taken one cruise with Celebrity. Price confirmed from website before all OBC determined. OBC from Celebrity of $700 and from TA of $400. That's $1,100! The $700 is made up of $300 from the perks, $200 because we had just taken a cruise and they sent me an email offering this and $200 because the original cruise we planned was cancelled and they offered us the OBC to rebook.

You have a great day, cheeseheads4ever!

Wow....great deal!! I, too, was booked on a cruise last year that was canceled. We ended up with a sweet deal as well. We only paid a fraction of the cost of the cruise, ended up with $750 in obc and were upgraded to a family sized veranda. For some reason, cruises are always more fun when we know we've gotten a great deal. We had absolutely zero problems using our obc, which is the most we've ever gotten. :D

Hi all. I am also thinking of booking the 6th November 2017 Southern Caribbean, however, as I will be booking in the UK the same future price drop conditions do not apply so the price paid now is what it is. I am just looking at cabin options for each category. I have previously done the Caribbean in Jan/Feb so could you seasoned cruisers please tell me if weather conditions in November will be ok - I understand it will be the end of your hurricane season? Going with the November rather than end October for this reason although I fully appreciate that this may not be a valid reason. I know the ABC islands are the best option for more favourable weather hence this itinerary. Thank you.

We usually cruise every November due to aggressive pricing on longer sailings.

The weather has always been great.

As far as hurricanes here is the month by month pattern probability chart:

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/climo/#ori

Anne,

This is from my emails with X:

To Celebrity: Does Celebrity offer additional discount for booking Back- to- back cruises?

From Celebrity: Yes we do! It is $100 off per sailing that is 10+ nights.

To Celebrity: Will this be an addition to a loyalty discount offered for both sailings?

From Celebrity: Yes it is in addition to the existing loyalty savings, and combinable with the promotion

ISABELLA, after your last post I decided to give it one more try........and we got it:D

Just got off a conference call with our TA and Celebrity, and the b2b discount will be applied. The Celebrity agent's explanation was that both the Go Best and loyalty perks are considered one perk, therefore, the additional b2b perk can be applied. Made my day!!! Anne

Why don't you book with a US TA? We did for the 6th November cruise and got a great deal including extra OBC from the TA.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I'll try an enlarge it, but I am picture posting challenged! 😱

The -125 is the Loyalty discount pp on our booking.

Wallie, we book with the same guys as you (and Grandgeezer, I think) as I recognize the format. I have just gotten off the phone with them and they won't budge. My invoice shows the $125 "loyalty discount" taken off the A1 price bringing it back down to the price of the A2. Unfortunately for us, the price difference btwn A1 and A2 is the same as the loyalty discount. They tried to tell me that the $1774 price for A2 was a group price and couldn't be discounted. That was the price Celebrity was charging the day we booked ( I looked at their website) and it was not a group price so I think I am being screwed. It really makes me annoyed with our TA, that so many on here are saying they got the "loyalty discount" as well as the 1 category upgrade. I am glad for them. We just did not get it. They told me if I could get a copy of someone's invoice showing that they got both, they would maybe honor it. I can't really see the detail on yours Wallie. Was the initial price of your cabin the lower category price?

Wallie, we book with the same guys as you (and Grandgeezer, I think) as I recognize the format. I have just gotten off the phone with them and they won't budge. My invoice shows the $125 "loyalty discount" taken off the A1 price bringing it back down to the price of the A2. Unfortunately for us, the price difference btwn A1 and A2 is the same as the loyalty discount. They tried to tell me that the $1774 price for A2 was a group price and couldn't be discounted. That was the price Celebrity was charging the day we booked ( I looked at their website) and it was not a group price so I think I am being screwed. It really makes me annoyed with our TA, that so many on here are saying they got the "loyalty discount" as well as the 1 category upgrade. I am glad for them. We just did not get it. They told me if I could get a copy of someone's invoice showing that they got both, they would maybe honor it. I can't really see the detail on yours Wallie. Was the initial price of your cabin the lower category price?

This is very disappointing to see, if indeed we do use the same online travel agency. We didn't book any of these cruises so I don't have any words of wisdom for you.

December doesn't qualify for the current Equinox sale. I think November 6 is the last sailing

11/6/17 is the last sailing for the 4 perks and loyalty discount. It applies to all the sailings they added when they switched Equinox to year round Caribbean.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

Edited by oneputt18

We have just started booking thru an agency afterv25+ yrs direct. I watch for the super book now or get to pay a slightly higher rate special :D I called the Capt. club after booking and was given the same rate. The web site showed a higher rate the next day as did the web site for the agency.

If you are getting the Perks + extra OBC the additional $12 a day, well, :D

We just booked today a 1A cabin paid 1B price also received the loyalty discount & Go Best. I did book it directly with Celebrity in Cdn $. It came out a lot cheaper than a 1A.

We are close to 100 on the roll call! At 450 days out! This is going to be a really really big party!

EW

We are in the same boat (pun intended :eek:) as you. We booked with the same online TA and asked about the $125 loyalty.....and they told us that our price was a group price.....but went on to say that the 125 was already built into the price, so we were getting it! I said "so everyone gets the loyalty discount, even if they are first time cruisers?"....answer 'yes'. I find it interesting that other web sites offered a similar price, but then took off the $125.

Not sure why they refuse to budge....it's not like the money is coming out of their pocket....it is a discount offered from X. :confused:

Anyway, I have decided to let it go. We got a great cabin price, 4 perks and some additional OBC. I can't complain (but the discrepancies are perplexing to say the least).