No coffee/tea in room? Kitchen or coffee stations on deck?

Hi all,

New to cruising. Will be going on Carnival Spirit.

I noticed there is no tea and coffee in rooms - which seems crazy to me as any hotel or motel room has tea and coffee at least.

Is there a kitchen or coffee station on each deck where you can make your own tea or coffee anytime? Or do you have to go down to a dining area?

Eg. if you can't sleep and want to make a chamomile tea or decaf tea in the middle of the night.........

Kazza

Hi all,

I noticed there is no tea and coffee in rooms - which seems crazy to me as any hotel or motel room has tea and coffee at least.

Is there a kitchen or coffee station on each deck where you can make your own tea or coffee anytime? Or do you have to go down to a dining area?

Eg. if you can't sleep and want to make a chamomile tea or decaf tea in the middle of the night.........

Kazza

Buffet is you best bet.

Lines catering to Americans do not have kettles or coffee makers (a certain few cabins do). Many lines will add them when cruising many British or Asian areas. I know Princess does this.

Ask on the Australia/New Zealand cruisers board

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Usually you have to go down to a dining area. I think they don't have them in the rooms since the room is already cramped. I'd suggest bringing an insulated mug to fill up and take back to your room. This is what we do for ice water.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Mrs Gut likes some strange teas, but we don't like ordering room service for just a pot of hot water, the poor crew are busy enough.

So first morning we order room service, the hot water comes in a thermos type jug, we keep it. I go and fill it with boiling water stays hot for hours.

Hi all,

Kazza

Welcome to cruising. If you want something in the middle of night either go up to lido for it or call room service. Sorry but that is the way things are.

I didn't think anything other than the pizza or icecream place was open in the middle of the night?

There should be at least one hot/cold drink station open near the pizza.

I didn't think anything other than the pizza or icecream place was open in the middle of the night?

The drink stations are always open. I don't know if they have coffee all night. I've never tried to get coffee at night. They have it early in the morning.

"The International Food Plaza (Deck 9): This buffet eatery is referred to by both its names -- The International Food Plaza and Lido. It occupies a large area on the Lido deck between the main Dome pool and the adults-only Serenity Retreat. There are 10 food stations serving a variety of food for lunch and dinner including Asian, carvery meats, deli sandwiches and wraps, salads and desserts. The pizza and ice-cream bars, which are found in this eatery, are open 24 hours.

Breakfast includes a made-to-order omelette station, in addition to typical breakfast pastries, fruits, cereals and hot items such as pancakes and bacon. The decor and layout of this area is uninspiring and could do with an update."

Edited by AdoraBelle

Never cruised the spirit, but the other 8 or 9 carnival ships I have sailed didn't charge for room service. Just a few items like wings and a few other items were an upcharge. Just a few dollars tip is good.

Copied from the Carnival Web Site: True for ALL Ships

24 Hour Room Service

We have expanded our 24 hour stateroom service menu to include a variety of new in-cabin dining options for a fee. The fee-based choices include chicken wings, fried shrimp, quesadillas, personal pizzas and more.

A wide range of items are available at no charge, including seven different hot and cold sandwiches, three salad choices, three desserts and beverages, as well as a Continental breakfast menu.

BREAKFASTno charge

Continental Breakfast available upon request. Simply complete the door hanger menu and hang it outside your stateroom by 5 AM the evening prior or call anytime.

SANDWICHES no charge

Served with Potato Salad, Coleslaw, Potato Chips or Pretzels. Choose White, Whole Wheat, Rye or gluten free Bread.

Tuna Salad... Roast Turkey...Ham and Cheese...Peanut Butter and Jelly...Bacon, Lettuce, and Tomato...Grilled American Cheese...Grilled Reuben

with Corned Beef and Swiss Cheese

SALADS. no charge

Garden Salad

Choice of Ranch, 1,000 Island, Balsamic Vinaigrette, Blue Cheese or Fat Free Honey Mustard DressingCaesar Salad House Made Dressing, Shaved Parmesan Cheese Market Vegetable Platter

Assorted Garden Vegetables with Dips

Please Call Room Service at 8000

AVAILABLE AT AN

ADDITIONAL CHARGETotally Awesome Wings $5.00

Tossed in Your Choice of:

• Honey BBQ • Buffalo Sauce

• Garlic Parmesan • Teriyaki

• Caribbean JerkChicken Tenders $5.00

Crispy Panko Breaded Chicken Tenders

with a Choice of BBQ or Honey Mustard sauceSpicy Fried $6.00

Firecracker Shrimp

Spiced Shrimp, Panko Coated and Fried with Chili Ginger Dip, Served

with French FriesKiller Chicken Quesadilla $5.00

Grilled Chipotle Seasoned Chicken,

Onions, Peppers and Grated Monterey

Jack Cheese. Fresh Pico de Gallo,

GuacamoleAuthentic Philly Cheesesteak $5.00

Frizzled Steak, Melted Cheese and

Grilled Onions on a Hoagie Roll,

Served with French FriesPan Pizza $5.00

Hand-Stretched Dough, Topped with

Fresh Ingredients and Baked to Order.

Cheese, Pepperoni, or Ham and PineappleSide of Fries $1.50

Just Right for You… Tell the Others

to Order Their OwnSweet Potato Fries $2.00Old Fashioned Banana Split $4.00

DESSERTS no charge

New York Cheesecake Assorted Cookies Chocolate Cake

BEVERAGES

Bottled Spring Water is Available in your Stateroom for a Nominal Fee

No charge below:

Juices

Orange, Tomato, Apple, Grapefruit

Regular or Decaffeinated Coffee

Hot Tea - Iced Tea

Hot Chocolate - Milk

Skim Milk - Chocolate Milk

Carnival Spirit and Carnival Legend when cruising in Australia charges for ALL room service. see https://www.carnival.com.au/~/media/CCLAU/explore/dining/menu-pdf/room-service-menu.pdf Beverages including tea and coffee are $3.00 each. Just another way cruise companies discriminate with Aussie cruises - like carnival not allowing us to bring on 1 bottle of wine each.

Carnival Spirit and Carnival Legend when cruising in Australia charges for ALL room service. see https://www.carnival.com.au/~/media/CCLAU/explore/dining/menu-pdf/room-service-menu.pdf Beverages including tea and coffee are $3.00 each. Just another way cruise companies discriminate with Aussie cruises - like carnival not allowing us to bring on 1 bottle of wine each.

Is it Carnival or Aussie laws? Do other lines allow wine to be brought onboard?

Copied from the Carnival Web Site: True for ALL Ships

24 Hour Room Service

We have expanded our 24 hour stateroom service menu to include a variety of new in-cabin dining options for a fee. The fee-based choices include chicken wings, fried shrimp, quesadillas, personal pizzas and more.

A wide range of items are available at no charge, including seven different hot and cold sandwiches, three salad choices, three desserts and beverages, as well as a Continental breakfast menu.

BREAKFASTno charge

Continental Breakfast available upon request. Simply complete the door hanger menu and hang it outside your stateroom by 5 AM the evening prior or call anytime.

SANDWICHES no charge

Served with Potato Salad, Coleslaw, Potato Chips or Pretzels. Choose White, Whole Wheat, Rye or gluten free Bread.

Tuna Salad... Roast Turkey...Ham and Cheese...Peanut Butter and Jelly...Bacon, Lettuce, and Tomato...Grilled American Cheese...Grilled Reuben

with Corned Beef and Swiss Cheese

SALADS. no charge

Garden Salad

Choice of Ranch, 1,000 Island, Balsamic Vinaigrette, Blue Cheese or Fat Free Honey Mustard DressingCaesar Salad House Made Dressing, Shaved Parmesan Cheese Market Vegetable Platter

Assorted Garden Vegetables with Dips

Please Call Room Service at 8000

AVAILABLE AT AN

ADDITIONAL CHARGETotally Awesome Wings $5.00

Tossed in Your Choice of:

• Honey BBQ • Buffalo Sauce

• Garlic Parmesan • Teriyaki

• Caribbean JerkChicken Tenders $5.00

Crispy Panko Breaded Chicken Tenders

with a Choice of BBQ or Honey Mustard sauceSpicy Fried $6.00

Firecracker Shrimp

Spiced Shrimp, Panko Coated and Fried with Chili Ginger Dip, Served

with French FriesKiller Chicken Quesadilla $5.00

Grilled Chipotle Seasoned Chicken,

Onions, Peppers and Grated Monterey

Jack Cheese. Fresh Pico de Gallo,

GuacamoleAuthentic Philly Cheesesteak $5.00

Frizzled Steak, Melted Cheese and

Grilled Onions on a Hoagie Roll,

Served with French FriesPan Pizza $5.00

Hand-Stretched Dough, Topped with

Fresh Ingredients and Baked to Order.

Cheese, Pepperoni, or Ham and PineappleSide of Fries $1.50

Just Right for You… Tell the Others

to Order Their OwnSweet Potato Fries $2.00Old Fashioned Banana Split $4.00

DESSERTS no charge

New York Cheesecake Assorted Cookies Chocolate Cake

BEVERAGES

Bottled Spring Water is Available in your Stateroom for a Nominal Fee

No charge below:

Juices

Orange, Tomato, Apple, Grapefruit

Regular or Decaffeinated Coffee

Hot Tea - Iced Tea

Hot Chocolate - Milk

Skim Milk - Chocolate Milk

Hi, just wondering which web site this is from? I can't find it on the carnival website anywhere. Maybe it differs in Australia?