gguarantee cabin

steelhead1

You will most likely be notified via email or by your TA if you have one. You also may not find out what cabin you have until you get to the dock. It's been known to happen. :)

You can also check your Cruise Personalizer every day :D Been there, done that.

It's available to look at up to something like 48 hours before lift off.

Even though the majority of the Personalizer is unavailable around 5 days or less before ones cruise you can still access bag tags/travel summary up to sailing day which will display current cabin info.

I have always had to find out myself by looking at the booking.

That's how I find out now. Back years ago when I booked direct with Princess, they would send an email, but the TA's I have used do not. No big deal as I am a habitual personalizer checker :rolleyes:

Edited by Musky Ike

Two scenarios:

I booked an IF gty for the Emerald last March. I received my cabin the night before the cruise. I was placed in an IB.

I booked an IF gty for the Diamond in January 2017. I received cabin assignment 1 week after booking- final payment is not due until October. I am in an IF.

Who knows ?????

If you booked directly with Princess, they will either e-mail or call you.

If your booking is with a TA, they will notify the TA who is then supposed to notify you.

As others said, checking the Personalizer may end up being the fastest way to know.

I have been assigned a cabin as soon as one hour after booking (cruise was a number of months away) to as late as 24 hours before embarkation. Most of the time lately, it was been within the last two weeks before sailing.

By the way, if you do not like the location of the cabin you are assigned, you can be switched to any other available cabin in the exact same category by calling your TA or Princess if not using a TA.

We knew booking a guarantee would be a crap shoot of sorts as far as cabin assignment but we are gambling a bit hoping for an upgrade. Kind of adds to the overall excitement and adventure to the cruise.

I am also on your sailing, we just booked the cruise last weekend and booked a balcony guarantee, we found an agency offering this for the same price as inside. Keep checking your cruise personalizer for cabin assignment! Now that final payment is here, I would expect to see all of us with guarantees get cabins shortly.

Lately Princess like other lines, has done more upselling than giving free upgrades, but you never know as this voyage appears to have a lot of availability. On our last cruise the upsell email arrived about 3 weeks prior to sailing. We had done a balcony guarantee, loved the assigned cabin location and did not do the upsell to mini-suite.

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

I am also on your sailing, we just booked the cruise last weekend and booked a balcony guarantee, we found an agency offering this for the same price as inside. Keep checking your cruise personalizer for cabin assignment! Now that final payment is here, I would expect to see all of us with guarantees get cabins shortly.

Lately Princess like other lines, has done more upselling than giving free upgrades, but you never know as this voyage appears to have a lot of availability. On our last cruise the upsell email arrived about 3 weeks prior to sailing. We had done a balcony guarantee, loved the assigned cabin location and did not do the upsell to mini-suite.

We just got our cabin assignment via email today. We were upgraded from category BF to BB cabin C250 Carib deck. We are happy with that for sure

We received our luggage tags with the room assignment in the mail a week before we sailed. We booked a BF guarantee and were upgraded to a BA. We were very happy :)

Boy, You must be really special! I don't remember the last time they sent the tags out!. :)

We also booked a guarantee IF interior for sailing on Aug 19. On the 10th we got a moveover offer but couldn't say yes to it. Today, the 12th, we got an upgrade to an IE. So a week before our cruise we know our cabin location.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

So now that we have our cabin assignment and balcony upgrade, chance of getting a mini suite upgrade? One can only hope right?

Your chances are zip to nil.... But you can always dream! Good luck!

As far as getting luggage tags in the mail, I've been sailing with Princess since 2010 and have never seen this. I've always had to print them out....

Edited by Working 2 Cruise