Delta fleet

brian1

Not as an A&P mechanic

I think you have your hours wrong.

Glad I wasn't the only one thinking that! If aircraft were C checked every 100hrs then aircraft would be stripped down about every 2 weeks or so :D

Surely someone who claims to be trained on the 757 and 767 would have some idea of that even if they aren't an A&P guy!

Finally there is this saying among pilots..."if it ain't Boeing, I aint going."

I guess all those Airbus aircraft fly themselves then...

Edited by fbgd

Interesting. I canceled my P&C subscription about a year ago and haven't watched a local newscast in I can't tell you how long. Wonder how the % of Boeing employees doing this compares to the % of the general population that does it. Sounds like the kind of thing that could be easily skewed by the media to create a story. Not saying that's the case, just sounds like the kind of thing that could be easily sensationalized. (Disclaimer: I don't work at Boeing and only know 1 person who does so I don't have a dog in this fight, just curious!)

edit: After a quick search it looks like 30 employees out of over 8000 were involved. Still not sure what the % is for the general population, but that's a tiny % of Boeing employees.

The P&C is free if you have a smart phone or tablet and use the app. I've been using it for over a year now. :D And about the only local news I watch is the local weather. My running route does take me right past ch5 if that counts for anything. :p

Glad I wasn't the only one thinking that! If aircraft were C checked every 100hrs then aircraft would be stripped down about every 2 weeks or so :D

Surely someone who claims to be trained on the 757 and 767 would have some idea of that even if they aren't an A&P guy!

Moreover, this description is more like a D-check than a C-check. One of these would take place closer to every 10,000 hours than every 100 hours. So it does make one wonder what sort of 757/767 training this was. MFS perhaps? ;)
The plane is basically take completely apart and re assembled to new specification.

The P&C is free if you have a smart phone or tablet and use the app.

I know, but the local reporting is generally so biased and senasationalized that I don't bother.

I say this as a pilot who trained on 757-767 ....

All commercial aircraft must undergo a full tear down inspection of the entire plane every 100 hours....

The plane is basically take completely apart and re assembled to new specification.

Completely taken apart and reassembled every 100 hours? Sorry, but I'm calling BS on that. They'd be out of service more than they'd be in service.

LOL

I know, but the local reporting is generally so biased and senasationalized that I don't bother.

L

I came here from Houston where the local paper is dreadful and the tv's motto is the ole "if if bleeds it leads" and of course about every 3 months another story on the massage parlors. :rolleyes: I find the local P&C not bad myself. I have the AP news app as well and most all of the national stuff is just copied from them anyway.

I guess all those Airbus aircraft fly themselves then...

No the Airbus requires the pilots to feed quarters into the pay slot to keep the game going.... they dont even have a yoke..Its a flying video game..

The quarter slot is by the computer joy stick and the 4 tiller The 757/767 platform of structure and avionics ( 400 series) was ont of the best aircraft ever built for passengers. The best however was the Lockheed L1011...it was built with double reinforced bulkhaeds to Military spec, ... Lockheed went broke making it

Speaking of Avionics, more than a few Air Busses crashed because of their avionics... including one in Tulon france that crashed before it could take off from the factory...When some fired up the 4 engines to max power on the taxi way, The sustem because of the full EPR power setting, decided the plane was in the air. It then located the parking break was on and thinking the plane was landing turned off the brakes[ Ian Imean turned off the entire brake sustem for the whole A380.... and would not let the wedge crew put them back on.... The plane took off at like a sled across the airfield, slamming through a hanger and then a series of concrete walls.... A total loss.. The crew was not blamed by france and airbus because theywere from a gulf state an were being PC.... No body, cranks up their engines to max thrust on the ground,,, you add power in stages till you get inertia going...... but thats another story... Boeing uses Bendix,Rayathon military controls and systems...

there are A, B C D checks... and UAl trained me in DEN Hours and hours of boredom interspersed with moments of sheet terror...

A. 400 hours/200 cycles

B every 6 months

C every 20-24 months

D every 6 years....the entire aircraft is taken apart and put back together checking every little goodie

Hey, I can fly em...just not fix them... thats what Maintenance is for but they dont fly.... A&P guys good

Speaking of Avionics, more than a few Air Busses crashed because of their avionics... including one in Tulon france that crashed before it could take off from the factory...When some fired up the 4 engines to max power on the taxi way, The sustem because of the full EPR power setting, decided the plane was in the air. It then located the parking break was on and thinking the plane was landing turned off the brakes[ Ian Imean turned off the entire brake sustem for the whole A380.... and would not let the wedge crew put them back on.... The plane took off at like a sled across the airfield, slamming through a hanger and then a series of concrete walls.... A total loss.. The crew was not blamed by france and airbus because theywere from a gulf state an were being PC.... No body, cranks up their engines to max thrust on the ground,,, you add power in stages till you get inertia going...... but thats another story... Boeing uses Bendix,Rayathon military controls and systems...
So where did the "C-check every 100 hours" in your previous post come from? (Leave aside that what you described is not what happens at a C-check.)

And, for the record, your account of the Airbus accident at the factory is close to complete rubbish. About the only thing that's accurate in that entire paragraph is the bare fact that there was an accident.

When you're in a hole ...

So where did the "C-check every 100 hours" in your previous post come from? (Leave aside that what you described is not what happens at a C-check.)

And, for the record, your account of the Airbus accident at the factory is close to complete rubbish. About the only thing that's accurate in that entire paragraph is the bare fact that there was an accident.

When you're in a hole ...

He can't even get the aircraft correct. It was a A340 not A380. :rolleyes: But heck....737/747 what's the difference. It's only one number difference. :cool:

A 37 and a 57 are narrow body with one aisle and a 47, 67 and a 777 are all wide body

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

See all the emojis in the post you are answering? They were being sarcastic. They know the size of the planes involved.