Platinum Gift confirmation

lele100

Just off 9/24 Sunshine sailing and received visor. I will be re-gifting it to one of my neighbors at home. So many more Platinum benefits to worry about the visor -- priority boarding and disembarking, $50 credit for the spa, strawberries, priority shuttle service in Halifax.

By 2017 I am sure there will be a different gift for Platinum and Diamonds.

MARAPRINCE

Looking at those visors does not motivate me to work on becoming a member of that level. Not impressed. Should not be given away as a gift of appreciation. All the money that is spent to reach the level and this is all the line can afford to give. I hope they are paying their employees well, because they definitely are not spending it on the cruiser.

I spend my money to go on a vacation, not to attain a certain level.

Well my DH loves crocs so loved the visor :eek: We were also on the Sunshine last week and he probably was the only person on the ship wearing it lol so if you so some guy wearing it - it was him.

I did go to customer service and ask if there was something different and the head purser was there - she apologized and then gave me four drink coupons - we kept the visor - so if you don't like it - go and ask for something else.

Well my DH loves crocs so loved the visor :eek: We were also on the Sunshine last week and he probably was the only person on the ship wearing it lol so if you so some guy wearing it - it was him.

I did go to customer service and ask if there was something different and the head purser was there - she apologized and then gave me four drink coupons - we kept the visor - so if you don't like it - go and ask for something else.

We're not cruising till January 2017 so I sure hope the croc visors are history. However, I would have been very pleased with 4 drink coupons in place of visors.

Yesterday i mentioned it on John Healds facebook page. He said many people do in fact like them, and the gift is changing in November, something new.

Thank goodness!!!! We cruise in December..[emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We got these "beautiful" visors on our last cruise, we took them to the customer service desk and traded them for the Tevis bottles. Several people had the same idea. I am not sure if they are still trading the visors for anything else. Maybe we just lucked out!!!

Yesterday i mentioned it on John Healds facebook page. He said many people do in fact like them, and the gift is changing in November, something new.

Just because it is changing in November don't expect all ships to change as they will have to deplete the croc stock first before giving out the new gift...

• 2 weeks later...

Just off the Valor and we got the visors. DH loved it and wore it every time we were outside! I wanted to try to exchange mine, but didn't bother. One fewer to give away on the next cruise. You're welcome. [emoji6]

Ps: shortly after this was taken, a plane took off and my Carnival cap was lost in the sea. Now, that was a hat I liked! [emoji24]

ebb1ca6929dde3e33c8ab9d4ee68d0e1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by GreytRacer

Just off the Valor and we got the visors. DH loved it and wore it every time we were outside! I wanted to try to exchange mine, but didn't bother. One fewer to give away on the next cruise. You're welcome. [emoji6]

Ps: shortly after this was taken, a plane took off and my Carnival cap was lost in the sea. Now, that was a hat I liked! [emoji24]

I should have told you Maho beach eats hats :D

You know - it really looks pretty nifty on him. When you see it when it's not on, it looks really cheesy - but, it doesn't look bad in this picture. Either your husband knows how to rock a croc visor, or it doesn't look like a croc when it's on??? How much grief did he give you when your hat went flying?? (lol)

You know - it really looks pretty nifty on him. When you see it when it's not on, it looks really cheesy - but, it doesn't look bad in this picture. Either your husband knows how to rock a croc visor, or it doesn't look like a croc when it's on??? How much grief did he give you when your hat went flying?? (lol)

Well, I was standing on the wall and he was behind me bracing me, so I went flying when my hat did and we both rolled down the beach! [emoji15]. I had a headband on under my hat and it came off as well. Someone found that, but not my hat.

We were sad since the hat can't be replaced!

Really, the visor just looks like a visor on your head, not a Croc on your head. [emoji4]

Just off the Sunshine 10/1 and left my visor and the pin in my room, on purpose, I might add. Very unhappy about it. Next they will be giving us the ship on stick as a gift. Ahah... At least we still get the chocolate covered cherries and 2 litter bottle of water and the party. I guess that will be the next thing that they change.

Edited by Mary49

Also off Sunshine 10/1 cruise. Received my visor and went down to quest services to try and exchange. Nothing available but they gave me three drink coupons! Kept the visor which I gave to a child in our group, he enjoyed it!

Just off the Sunshine 10/1 and left my visor and the pin in my room, on purpose, I might add. Very unhappy about it. Next they will be giving us the ship on stick as a gift. Ahah... At least we still get the chocolate covered cherries and 2 litter bottle of water and the party. I guess that will be the next thing that they change.

chocolate covered cherries ?????

Also off Sunshine 10/1 cruise. Received my visor and went down to quest services to try and exchange. Nothing available but they gave me three drink coupons! Kept the visor which I gave to a child in our group, he enjoyed it!

Gave the visor to my next door neighbor who gave it to one of her grandkids. There's always someone who will like it! Leaving it on the ship is not the answer since it will just be recycled and given to another guest. This is not the way to get the supply of these visor exhausted so a new gift will be given out.

MARAPRINCE